The Unofficial Populating The Golden Age Thread

steriaca

steriaca: when you get around to doing the writeup for the Blue Squire, please take note of the fact that,

when I did his pic, I'd done it showing a belt pouch on his right rear side. This pouch can contain flash

bombs, smoke bombs, or a combination of the two; these would be used mostly to confuse or disorient

the enemies that he, the Blue Knight, and the Blue Maiden would be likely to face in a fight.

I'm guessing that the pouch would count as a Gadget Pool, with a Limitation being that the flash/smoke

bombs would be treated as Recoverable Charges, but only by replacing them in a laboratory (it's been

a while since I've cracked the Champions book open to read through it, so I'm not really all that sure of

it).

Major Tom 2009 :think:

I'm still not 'done' with The Blue Knight, let alone his two sidekicks. By the way, did you get the not so hidden pun in both of there names?

Considering he doesn't have lots of combat options, and they don't have 'magic' armour to protect them, they may have a few more attack options open to them (not exactly damage options).

One thing is for sure, they will have Combat Luck, alongside Resistant Protection.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, there's only one more GA hero in the original list that PhantomGM2602 gave me that hasn't been posted yet,

simply because I'd sent him two versions of the pic, and I haven't heard back from him which version he likes. So

I'm putting the question out here now to the PhantomGM: which version of the pic in question should be considered

the 'official' version as far as this thread is concerned?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

I prefer  the first one of the Mermaid for it reminds me of Queen Mara of atlantis.

Actually, the pic(s) to which I was referring to were the ones of Tom Turbine, not the Mermaid (although I had done a slightly-

different version of her as well, one with pointed ears). So, can you tell me which version of TT should appear here on this

thread?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Try the first one for Tom Turbine, I'd love to see that in fact I'll put it here as a attachment.

post-302-0-42116200-1479431767_thumb.jpg

Tom Turbine looks more late Silver Age than Golden Age.

Considering that Tom Turbine (in the PM that PhantomGM2602 sent me) was described as a "genius strongman of

science", I felt the need to give him a look that was at least beyond what passed for state-of-the-art back in the GA era

of superheroes (that and the fact that there aren't all that many options for costume design in FdH2011); a fellow can

only use what he's got to work with, after all.

Major Tom 2009 :)

Considering that Tom Turbine (in the PM that PhantomGM2602 sent me) was described as a "genius strongman of

science", I felt the need to give him a look that was at least beyond what passed for state-of-the-art back in the GA era

of superheroes (that and the fact that there aren't all that many options for costume design in FdH2011); a fellow can

only use what he's got to work with, after all.

I didn't mean for it to be a knock on your ability. Now that I know a bit about him (the 'science hero' type which was popular in early Silver Age, the entier Atomic Age, and had beginings in the late Golden Age, especially from comic which want to jump on tge superhero bandwagon AND be educational), the style makes sense.

I didn't mean for it to be a knock on your ability. Now that I know a bit about him (the 'science hero' type which was popular in early Silver Age, the entier Atomic Age, and had beginings in the late Golden Age, especially from comic which want to jump on tge superhero bandwagon AND be educational), the style makes sense.

Not to worry; I didn't take your statement as a knock of any sort. Speaking of the Silver and Atomic Age, the earlier version of the Blue

Knight that I'd done prior to finding out what his armor was actually supposed to look like could actually belong to a successor to the

identity (hey, sooner or later the Blue Knight'll wind up married following the War -- probably to the Blue Maiden -- and like most of

those referred to as 'legacy' heroes, his son or daughter will wind up being the Blue Knight of a new generation).

I'll have to think about what a Silver/Atomic Age Blue Maiden and Blue Squire would look like...

Major Tom 2009 :think:

The Blue Knight is done. What do you think of his write up and profile? Can you see someone playing him? I did give him armour to give a slight finger to "no powered armour", but I did it in a way which fits the Golden Age. I even gave a "way out" (No alien orgins in the Golden Age? Then prehaps Merlin did create the damm thing.)

The Blue Knight is done. What do you think of his write up and profile? Can you see someone playing him? I did give him armour to give a slight finger to "no powered armour", but I did it in a way which fits the Golden Age. I even gave a "way out" (No alien orgins in the Golden Age? Then prehaps Merlin did create the damm thing.)

It wouldn't be the first time that Merlin had a hand in creating a superhero; when DC did a story on the origin of the

Shining Knight(?), there was a part just after he'd given the knight's horse wings that, after the knight asked him if

the horse could really fly, Merlin replied "Like unto a Learjet."

I'll tell you now, it's no easy feat to keep from laughing one's self silly upon reading something like that in the middle

of a Convenient store (this should also tell those of the boards who're from Ohio how long ago this was, as to the

best of my knowledge, there are no longer any Convenient stores anywhere in the state).

Here's an archenemy for the Blue Knight:

post-10891-0-80869200-1479555832_thumb.jpg

Black Cavalier

The forces of Good weren't the only ones to hide away a suit of powerful armor against future need;

the forces of Evil did likewise, in the hopes that conditions in the as-yet-to come future would be more

conducive to darker doings than in their own time. And so it came to pass that, in a part of the British

Isles that, in legend, had been under the control of those opposed to Arthur and his Knights of the

Round Table, an archaeologist -- who happened to be a friend of Raymond Renalds -- discovered a

suit of dark armor hidden away in a carefully-sealed cave.

The archaeologist suddenly felt a compulsion to take the armor for his own and to don it; the creators

of the armor had put enchantments upon it which would ensure that whoever found it would not only

wear the armor, but would also fall under a second enchantment: to perform evil deeds while wearing

it, with the ultimate intent of restoring its creators to mortal existence so that they could finish what

they had started so long ago -- the conquest of the British Isles. The archaeologist decided to call

himself the Black Cavalier.

At the same moment that the archaeologist was donning the dark armor, Raymond Renalds was putting

the armor of the Blue Knight on for the first time...

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Have at thee, varlet!

Here's a consort and partner in crime for the Black Cavalier:

post-10891-0-46335900-1479560732_thumb.jpg

The Dark Enchantress

A descendant of the same bloodline as Morgaine le Fay, the Dark Enchantress was contacted by the

spirit of her long-dead ancestress, and instructed to seek out the Black Cavalier and aid him in his

mission of evil. Obeying her ancestress, the Dark Enchantress soon found the Black Cavalier, and

told him of her orders from her distant relative. The Black Cavalier, for his part, was glad to have the

Enchantress' assistance, as she was not only magically-powerful, but extraordinarily beautiful as well.

The Dark Enchantress was likewise attracted to her new partner, as he was both physically-powerful

and handsome to boot.

When the two aren't battling the Blue Knight and his companions, or otherwise terrorizing the citizens

of the British Isles, they can be found enjoying the pleasure of each other's company.

Quote: "My, what a big, strong man you are...you'll definitely make a good toad."

Here's an archenemy for the Blue Knight:

Black_Cavalier.jpg

Black Cavalier

The forces of Good weren't the only ones to hide away a suit of powerful armor against future need;

the forces of Evil did likewise, in the hopes that conditions in the as-yet-to come future would be more

conducive to darker doings than in their own time. And so it came to pass that, in a part of the British

Isles that, in legend, had been under the control of those opposed to Arthur and his Knights of the

Round Table, an archaeologist -- who happened to be a friend of Raymond Renalds -- discovered a

suit of dark armor hidden away in a carefully-sealed cave.

The archaeologist suddenly felt a compulsion to take the armor for his own and to don it; the creators

of the armor had put enchantments upon it which would ensure that whoever found it would not only

wear the armor, but would also fall under a second enchantment: to perform evil deeds while wearing

it, with the ultimate intent of restoring its creators to mortal existence so that they could finish what

they had started so long ago -- the conquest of the British Isles. The archaeologist decided to call

himself the Black Cavalier.

At the same moment that the archaeologist was donning the dark armor, Raymond Renalds was putting

the armor of the Blue Knight on for the first time...

Have at thee, varlet!

Statwise, The Black Cavalier's is exactly the same as The Blue Knight's, except diffrent skills and no followers (which means he has 60 points to put into attacks).

The Knights Of Excalibur

Members: The Blue Knight and his sidekicks The Blue Maiden and The Blue Squire, Longbow and her partner Steel Saxion, Ben Nevis "the Giant of the Mountain", Draig Coch "the Red Dragon", and The Cowboy. Leadership of the team rotates every two months untill the war started, then the Blue Knight served as leader for most of the war. Other members come and go durring the war, sometimes only getting honorary memberships (like when a visiting super from the Alies).

History: The exact date of the founding of this group is unknown, but it was formed as a social group after members of the future group noticed that they were teaming up together a lot, and were liking each other. So, once every two months they rented a room at The Golden Goose Pub and exchange stories.

After a few months of this, the threat of The Black Calvilear, The Black Enchantress, The Grim Gardner and Red Snapper joining forces caused them to team up together as a true team for the first time. Enjoying teaming up, they decided to become a true team.

They were later joined a few months later by the American expatriot who calls himself Cowboy. (Cowboy vacationed in England and decided he liked it so much that he stayed and became a citizen). He became the eighted member.

Durring the war, Churchill incorporated the group into the armed forces of England, and made them part of the homeland defense force (deeming the group to valuable to the protection of England to wast being killed in war). Still, the group did do many a mission in the european theater, usaly against German and Itallian supers.

After the war, the group returned to it's roots as a social group. Eventually the individual members retiered. To this day, the room in the Golden Goose Pub where they had there meetings is now a micro-museum set up in there honour.

Team Relations: Mostly good will between members. Most members of the group were friends first before becoming teammates, and thoes who joined up later (mostly Cowboy) quickly became friends because of a mutual love of justice and protection the innocents.

Group Tactics:

Wall: Thoes who are more vulnerable, hide behind Blue Knight and Ben Nevis.

Catapult: Thoes with a range attack, use them from the optional range.

Joust: Go one on one against your assigned foe, if possible.

Siege: Make sure to cut off the means of escape for your opponents. Capture your opponent if possible.

Rally: Fall back and regroup at the desinated spot.

Sherwood: Disarm your opponent, and/or make sure you opponent can't attack without risking themselves.

Round Table: Head back to the Golden Goose Pub for a pint.

Excalibur Comics Group (ExCG)

The comic book company eventually named Excalibur Comics Group was created in the Golden Age of comics and, for a while, was the pride of the United Kingdome. Originally publishing stories about King Arthur, Robin Hood, and a few other legendary characters from the midevil period (and even a few they made up), once superheroes started to appear, they quickly changed format (which was easy with heros such as The Blue Knight and Longbow).

Excalibur Comics: The flagship title of the group. At one time, every member of the Knights of Excalibur graced there covers. The Blue Knight was a big draw, and soon took the leed feature. Longbow and Steel Saxion also had some leed feature stories. This comic started as a midevil stories book.

The Blue Knight: Usally contained two Blue Knight stories and one back up story (usually Longbow and Steel Saxion, but sometimes Ben Nevis). Sometimes the second Blue Knight feature is a reprint from Excalibur Comics. And sometimes you get a story about the Blue Knight set in midevil times with Merlin.

Steel Saxion/Longbow/Longbow And Steel Saxion: Much like the above Blue Knight comic, but featuring Longbow and Steel Saxion. Early on most people thought Steel Saxion was the hero, and Longbow was the sidekick, which explains the name change (acually both are equal partners in 'real life', and after a bit, in the stories also). The back up story is sometimes a Robin Hood story.

Mountain Comics: Ben Nevis stories, alongside stories of Draig Coch. They shaired equal billing, and switched off leed position. Also see Dragon Comics.

Dragon Comics: Much like Mountain Comics. When Ben Nevis is featured in Mountain, then Draig Coch is featured in Dragon, and when Draig Coch is featured in Mountain, Ben Nevis is featured in Dragon.

The Knights of Excalibur: Normally a full team story, and one back up story with a solo story by a single member.

The London Cowboy/Cowboy Comics: Cowboy's comic. Eventually morphs into a general western comic durring the Atomic Age.

The x pattern reminds me of Goliath/Giant's harness.

The x pattern reminds me of Goliath/Giant's harness.

If you look up the flag of Scotland on the 'Net, it's a blue color with a white 'X' on it (the 'X' represents a St. Andrew's cross);

all I did after getting the basic design on the suit was to add a 'mountain' symbol, superimposing it over the 'X'. I do see

what you mean about the x-pattern, though.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

If you look up the flag of Scotland on the 'Net, it's a blue color with a white 'X' on it (the 'X' represents a St. Andrew's cross);

all I did after getting the basic design on the suit was to add a 'mountain' symbol, superimposing it over the 'X'. I do see

what you mean about the x-pattern, though.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

No problem Major Tom.

Anyways, Ben Nevis us our Scottish flagsuit. Cool. A more comical character is The Flying Scottsman, the kilt wearing flying strongman. No, he never joined the Knights of Excalibur.