Send in the clowns.

GCMorris

New character:

Pooky the Clown is a criminal with a heart of gold. He robs banks, richly people and jewelry stores but never poor people or small businesses. He never uses lethal force and gives most of his loot to charity. He seems more untested in having fun with his heists than with personal gain. He has even been known to aid heroes from time to time particularly if they are going up against really vicious criminals and will always keep children safe.

He is sort of like a light hearted Joker combined with the likes of a professional wrestler, Bugs Bunny, the Cowardly Lion and Curly from the Three Stooges and he uses a lot of surprise items that seem to come from nowhere. He's a very complex character but is a *normal* human.

I'm asking input on abilities, stats, props as well as disadvantages. In working with4e rules.

Code vs Killing seems mandatory or some sort of code which explains robbing banks but not others and non killing bt aiding heroes against killers.

Possibly Normal Characteristic Maxima as well. But here you have to decide what that is. For example STR 20, DEX 20, CON 20, BODY 20, INT 20, EGO 20, PRE 20, SPD 4, END 40, STUN 40 may be the absolute limit of non supers.

A gadget pool to have a variety of items.

Stealth and Sleight of Hand would seem to be necessary and you might want to invest in some sort of Luck power

We'll need several non-lethal attacks, convincingly in-character, funny, effective, but charming:

Pie-throwing battle BLAST, only STUN, linked with a nice cream in your eyes FLASH.

An original Slapstick OAF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slapstick

Spud Gun OAF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spud_gun

Confetti cannon OAF.

Itching powder and sneezing powder.

Lots of banana peels.

A liquid to make the floor slippery.

6 little yellow mechanic walking ducks that manage to fill the room with tripwires within a few seconds.

An umbrella OAF for blocking and force-walling.

A surprisingly effective mirror OAF against energy attacks.

And as escape vehicle a pogo stick.
Or a grey riding ass whom Pooky fed only beans for the last three days so when you follow him he will fart in your face and then, if you shake that off, give you a two-hoofed HtH Attack with double knockback.

We need the standard FYB attacks - Flash, Entangle, AOE, & NND.

Pie To The Face is a simple Flash vs Sight.

Entangle, with the Advantage Vs DEX not STR (+1).  The special effect is a Banana Peel.  

Seltzer Spray To The Face is an NND (No damage if you have self contained breathing).

AOE... I got nothing.

I actually know a family who had been Ringling Brothers clowns for several generations. You're inclusion of three stooges and such actually has a lot of what I'd think of as his skill base.

The youngest son in that family actually does a lot of stunt work. A lot. There is a tendency to have to learn a broad range of skillsets. So, breakfall at a high level. tightrope walking is not uncommon, high athleticism for some could equate to a lot of defensive abilities in combat. Juggling and knife throwing, escape artist, these are all not uncommon skills for him to have picked up.

He could have bowling pins to throw and stun people when necessary.

Acrobatics.

Pretty much every skillset you can equate with circus performers is a skill he might have. Contortionist would allow him to fold himself up into a box that is delivered into the target bank, or enable him to slip through small enclosures to escape.

And, of course, the clown car.

(If you said he had super powers, I would have made him have duplication, only starting from his clown car!)

On the escape artist front, it would not be unusual for him to have lockpicking skills. Escape from a straight jacket(I was actually taught how to do this when I was seventeen by my friend).

Unicycle riding.

I don't know what they call it, when they walk on a big ball, but he could have one that's actually quite heavy and use it to knock over people.

Stilt walking.