DC Heroes

Greywind

Cue traditional debate over whether Batman can exceed the normal human guideline of 20 Characteristics.  Maybe anyone interested could just look that up in the many past threads rather than revisit it here.

Just skimming,  but I question why DEX moves in 10 point increments for everyone but Nightwing's 23.  I also suggest that, if anything, Nightwing is more agile than Batman (something that has been remarked on a lot in recent years - Dick is the more agile, acrobatic, etc. of the two).

Not sold that Nightwing has less SPD than Robin (any Robin) or Batgirl either, or that Bats and Catty are 9 and 8 either.  Probably lots more to nitpick if one is so inclined.  Alfred is a lot more unflappable than a 10 PRE and EGO would suggest, and gets the better of Bats in verbal repartee way more often that that spread in INT would suggest.

1 hour ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Cue traditional debate over whether Batman can exceed the normal human guideline of 20 Characteristics.  Maybe anyone interested could just look that up in the many past threads rather than revisit it here.

Just skimming,  but I question why DEX moves in 10 point increments for everyone but Nightwing's 23.  I also suggest that, if anything, Nightwing is more agile than Batman (something that has been remarked on a lot in recent years - Dick is the more agile, acrobatic, etc. of the two).

Not sold that Nightwing has less SPD than Robin (any Robin) or Batgirl either, or that Bats and Catty are 9 and 8 either.  Probably lots more to nitpick if one is so inclined.  Alfred is a lot more unflappable than a 10 PRE and EGO would suggest, and gets the better of Bats in verbal repartee way more often that that spread in INT would suggest.

Blame Mike Stackpole for doing the Batman source book for DC Heroes. After that, blame the guys that did the DC/Champions conversion system.

There will be different versions of the characters. Notably Dick Grayson (Robin as sidekick, Robin as a Teen Titan, Robin as a New Teen Titan, Nightwing).

2 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

He's converting from the DC Heroes game to Champions.  My guess is he's using the 1st edition Batman sourcebook.  In that version of the game, their equivalents of Dex, Int, and Pre added together with your martial arts to determine a character's Initiative.  In the DCH to Champions conversion, your Initiative converts to Speed.  That's why Batman has a 9 Speed, because he basically maxes out what a human can have in each of those categories in that game system. 

The reason Nightwing has a 5 Speed is (partially) because they forgot to add in his martial arts score to his initiative. It's just a math error in the book.  He should actually have a 6 Speed, and should be this close to having a 7.  And remember, this is Nightwing circa 1985, when he first switched from being Robin.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind, these are probably conversions from the Mayfair DC Heroes system, which has been out of print for 20+ years.  A lot of stories have happened since then.  When that first came out Grayson had just transitioned to Nightwing.

• 3 weeks later...