Golden Age 6th ed. looking for more

Theren

Here's a question, where can I find out more about the Adventures that were mentioned where the Nazi's went to Ganymede?  I'm looking to start a new campaign and I'm using the GAC 6th edition, but I didn't see any source material for this location, just that the Nazi's had gone there and were working with alien ants that they found there.  Any ideas?

Well, other mentions of Ganymede in GAC note that it's inhabited by several races, including "tiger-striped cat women." It has an atmosphere and icy-but-habitable climate due to devices left in its core by the Galaxar called Geon (a bit more description about him in Champions Beyond). The history of General Blut after WW II (GAC p. 253 sidebar) describes his very dramatic interactions with the Ganymedeans.

Beyond that, your best bet would probably be to send a Private Message through this website to Darren Watts. The Ganymede stuff comes from his Golden Age test campaign, further advanced for his succeeding Silver Age campaign (testing for a proposed Silver Age Champions which now, sadly, seems unlikely to ever be published).

FWIW I did once ask him about Ganymede, and he replied that as far as he's concerned, its inhabitants are still there.

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Beyond that, your best bet would probably be to send a Private Message through this website to Darren Watts. The Ganymede stuff comes from his Golden Age test campaign, further advanced for his succeeding Silver Age campaign (testing for a proposed Silver Age Champions which now, sadly, seems unlikely to ever be published).

Why is it unlikely to be ever published?

Darren Watts wrote that sales of Golden Age Champions weren't enough to compensate the time, effort and expense of publishing Silver Age Champions, as much as he'd like to. :(

And I know what you're thinking. GAC was crowd funded through Kickstarter, but beyond its backers sales reportedly weren't strong. And Darren writes stuff like this for a living, so time and expense are serious considerations.

16 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Darren Watts wrote that sales of Golden Age Champions weren't enough to compensate the time, effort and expense of publishing Silver Age Champions, as much as he'd like to. :(

And I know what you're thinking. GAC was crowd funded through Kickstarter, but beyond its backers sales reportedly weren't strong. And Darren writes stuff like this for a living, so time and expense are serious considerations.

That's understandable.  HERO just isn't as big as it used to be- despite Champions Online.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Lord Liaden said:

Beyond that, your best bet would probably be to send a Private Message through this website to Darren Watts

Okay... how do I do that?  I'm looking but I don't see a way to contact him... but then again it could be right in front of me and I may not notice it... :)

On 12/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Yeah. I push the pen-and-paper books as often as I can with the Champions Online community, but the majority of players don't seem very concerned with the "lore" of the setting beyond what they see in the MMO.

Champions Online is why I initially bought a bunch of Champions and Hero books when the game released in 2009.  I don't have any interest in the Hero System rules any more, but I am very interested in all the information I can find on the Champions Universe (although, honestly, not with Golden or Silver Age type stuff).

So it does work sometimes.

I was first introduced to Hero System in the late 80's, before Hero 4th edition came out.  I enjoyed the system as it was a way to bring to life the characters floating in my head... having them interact with other heroes, facing off against dastardly villians… I loved it... not when Dr. Destroyer kicked us around like a hackysack, didn't like that... and to be honest having a chance to run a Golden Age campaign, which I never thought I would, and meeting new players that seem to be fired up as well is just Awesome!

4 hours ago, Theren said:

Okay... how do I do that?  I'm looking but I don't see a way to contact him... but then again it could be right in front of me and I may not notice it... :)

My apologies in advance if you already know the nuts and bolts of using PMs on this site.  I'm assuming you don't, but no insult is meant by detailing each step.

Click on the envelope in the upper right, next to your user name, and then Compose New. 

In the "To" box, type "Watts" and Darren's name comes up.  Click on that.