How would I make this power?

JK7

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I question a lot of Trigger builds, honestly.  

I am pretty wary of them.

On the other hand, there are some builds that are pretty basic staples that are difficult to do without it. Alarm spells, Magic Mouth, etc.

- E

4 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

The same guy already bought a trigger so that whenever he blocks an attack it fires of a HKA counter-attack.  Block + attack is much stronger than Block then attack first next phase.

That one could be just as much of a problem, though - say he annoys a grouchy old lady and she grabs his ear, or starts smacking him with her handbag... better hope he can pull that reflexive murderfist response! I'm not saying to just do it out of the blue like a jerk, of course, but including an NPC who doesn't like supers and thinks the modern generation is too disrespectful etc. is perfectly fair game, and blowing the RP (or at least some social checks in lieu of RP as it's entirely unsurprising if a gamer is not a social genius IRL) and having her become irate is legit too. People like that pester the heroes all the time in genre media, if perhaps mostly because bad things tend to happen when they try it on villains.

Castle:  Teleportation 15m, Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+3/4), Grantor can only grant the power to others, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used, Recipient must be within Limited Range of the Grantor for power to be granted; Only to swap places (-1), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Teleport character to target's former location; -1/2)  34 active cost, 14 real cost, 3 END

I messed up the build, that Usable as an attack should have "grantor completely controls power" which makes it slightly more expensive.

51 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I messed up the build, that Usable as an attack should have "grantor completely controls power" which makes it slightly more expensive.

Adding this to my current issue with triggered - teleportation - man....

Use Christopher's Castle as a triggered teleport only when targeted by an AoE to swap places with the person launching the AoE attack.  Enemy tries to Fireball you and then ends up in the blast radius of their own fireball as you swap places with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Had kind of a weird take on the original character ask. Not sure if it is more expensive or easier or more workable.
So, first, no need of having duplication.
Buy Clairsentience with appropriate levels of mobile and multiple perception points that you want as "duplicates". 
Give it a disad of a physical manifestation (a clone of you) if you want people to be able to "attack" it. Or maybe just visible. Maybe some sort of "feedback" if you want damage to come back to you somehow (doesn't sound like it).
Basically, you can send out versions of yourself to look around and move them around as you see fit. You'd want to nab targeting on it too.
So something like 20 pts for Sight Group, +10 for targeting on Normal Sight via Clairsentience, +5 for normal hearing, +10 for 24m of mobile movement, +5 for two perception points
So roughly a 50 point power with a 250" range. You could take Blackout for a (-1/2), and Perceivable (Invis becomes "obvious") (-1/2). SFX of "projecting duplicates of yourself to have a look around"

Any powers that you want to manifest through the "clones" could be bought indirect and with an appropriate range/mega-scale to get them to reach the clones and define your range once local. Not sure how to build that best, but running with that is something people are good with here.

The main character could just teleport and replace a "clone" because you can actually see that location via clairsentience so you just match your range so you can teleport to it.
Might need some TK if you wanted your "clone" to remotely being able to interact with stuff. Probably want an "images" ability so you could communicate through them also (throw your voice to them) but it could be an interesting effect to have them not.

That does limit you to using indirect powers through one clone at a time though. But I think it might be a more interesting way of building it.