Currency System in Fantasy Hero System?

JCR

Yes I know its all a CP point game, but me and the group I am in are wondering if there is an official or officially accepted currency system for the game? Or at the very least is there a currency system proven to work w/ the game. I am not talking about how much is a gold coin worth per se for example when I say currency system, I am referring specifically to prices of things already in the game such as a suit of armor or a sword in currency value and not CP value. Whether anyone likes/dislikes it is a different topic, not trying to be rude, just trying to stay on topic.

Edited by Jayzon
better title

Fantasy Hero 5th Edition has price lists  on pages 143-148ish. Including some ideas on raising and lowering the cost based on quality, etc... 

Fantasy Hero 6th ed also has a price list (and a more detailed one then 5th edition I think) but I don't have my copy here right now, so not sure what page numbers.

15 hours ago, mallet said:

Fantasy Hero 5th Edition has price lists  on pages 143-148ish. Including some ideas on raising and lowering the cost based on quality, etc... 

Fantasy Hero 6th ed also has a price list (and a more detailed one then 5th edition I think) but I don't have my copy here right now, so not sure what page numbers.

I got the Fantasy Hero Complete and I didn't see it anywhere as far as monetary cost. I will see if I can find a copy of 5e.

8 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Prices and currency are campaign-specific.  Fantasy Hero gives you the rules you need to run a game, but not an official setting like D&D, for example.  There are settings out there which have the currency and prices set up, however.

Oh man, that means we would have to either "borrow" one from another game or make up one. They should make a pdf w/ a list of prices for stuff in game because I (and a few others I know) would certainly buy it.

1 hour ago, Jayzon said:

I got the Fantasy Hero Complete and I didn't see it anywhere as far as monetary cost. I will see if I can find a copy of 5e.

I don’t have Fantasy Hero Complete, so I can’t check. 

The lists given in Fantasy Hero 5th & 6th editions are the ones used for Hero’s The Turakian Age setting but should be general enough for most homebrew campaigns. 

4 hours ago, Jayzon said:

Just FYI, Fantasy Hero 6E and Fantasy Hero Complete are two distinct books. The former is a detailed "genre book" full of advice on how to run fantasy campaigns and build fantasy worlds, intended to complement the big two-volume Hero System Sixth Edition rule books.

The 5E FH genre book, which is very similar to the 6E book in what it covers aside from the rules edition it uses, is available in low-cost PDF from the Hero store.

For your stated purposes, I would recommend the pricing system discussion and extensive example equipment and service price tables in Chapter Two of the 5E FH genre book, pp. 143- 48, which should cover nearly everything you'd want to reference for your game. They're designed to be "generic," not tied to a particular setting.

(If you like what's in Terran Empire, I think you'll like this.) :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, dafair said:

I had gamed with Kimberly Chapman about a decade ago when she and her husband lived here in Las Vegas. Lots of fond memories (and yummy cakes and treats--see her food blog http://www.eat-the-evidence.com/ for some of her recipes/creations, like this: http://www.eat-the-evidence.com/2015/12/22/bb-8-all-the-cake/).

Back on subject, a very comprehensive list of equipment is the book, ...And a 10-Foot Pole. It's written for the Rolemaster system, but is easily adaptable. The book is organized by era, and includes basic information on weight and cost, as well as time to make for many of the items. It is out of print, but available from Amazon and various after-market sources (my copy was bought through Noble Knight).