[Steve] [Ben] How was Dundracon?

Chaosliege

I'm not Steve or Ben (or Darren or Tina or any of the other Hero employees), but I had a blast. Derek's Challenge of the Superfriends game on Sunday night was a hoot-and-a-half. As a fun twist, while everyone was playing the 70's cartoon versions of the characters, Derek decided to let Steve play Frank Miller's Dark Knight for Batman. "Holy Grim and Gritty, Caped Crusader!"

Steve will be announcing the 2004 line-up this Friday I believe. There will be 18(!) books.

Keith "Second Game Con, Ever" Curtis

A quick note 'fore I hop on a plane and head for home....

DunDraCon was, as always, a blast. Hero was well-received; we sold about three-fourths of the copies of The Ultimate Vehicle that we brought, along with lots of other books, so we walked away with some money in our pockets to boot.

The Hero party on Saturday night was a great time to sit down, relax, and talk about gaming. I'm already looking forward to next year's version.

As Keith mentions, Derek's game was great. Anytime I have the chance to give Sinestro a Batarang lobotomy, I'm havin' fun. ;)

Sounds like it was a lot of fun :( Well, Maybe next year I can get the time off. Was there a large turnout of Hero gamers? My friends and I went to Orccon last year and there was only one guy there running a Hero game :( I was realy looking forward to Dundracon, at least until I found out we were having inventory on the same weekend...

Originally posted by Chaosliege

Was there a large turnout of Hero gamers? My friends and I went to Orccon last year and there was only one guy there running a Hero game :(

There were 17 official convention games using Hero System, and of course many, many more in open gaming. There were (by a fairly wide margin) more Hero System games than any other system except D&D3. :D

Originally posted by Steve Long

As Keith mentions, Derek's game was great. Anytime I have the chance to give Sinestro a Batarang lobotomy, I'm havin' fun. ;)

*blush*

Thanks, guys! I always love doing CotSF, and I'm really glad it's so well received. Since this last run, I've got a couple of ideas that I hope might help make it even better, so we'll see how they go. {evil grin}

Hi Chaosleige,

I really consider DunDraCon to be THE Hero con. Since Hero was formed by gents from the Bay Area and run from here for years it has a very strong following. I know I'm kinda biased as I live here but if you attend the Hero seminar you will get an idea of the popularity. Imagine a room packed full of Hero authors, artists, and regular posters to the message board in a standing room only situation and you get the idea. We are talkin' serious Hero worship... ;)

GO HERO!

It went well

I think that the seminar was extremely informative and it seems that Hero will be around for a while. The idea of publishing 18 books this year sounds insane to me, but as I only reap the fruits of those insanities, I good with it. ;) Also, the very honest answers to the questions I gave also gives me faith in the company of not only having the business sense to continue in the market but also that they don't blow smoke to cover things. If you want to know, just ask them and they'll tell you.

I wish I could have played more Hero games that were listed at the con but I had too many people beggin' me to run games in open gaming so I never got to them. I need to get more into the loop as I didn't know about the party until Darren told me that is why no one from DoJ showed up to my game to say hi - no hard feelin's - honest. :P

I look forward to seein' DoJ back in 2004 - and hope to see them around my table sometime.

Mark

DDC was fab, as it is every year (this is my eighth or ninth, I've lost count.) For those who missed the festivities and can't wait til next year, there are two other cons in the Bay Area we attend and generally have piles of fun at: Kubla Con (May) and ConQuest (September.) Neither has quite the size or drawing power (and fewer of our out-of-town pals make the trip) of DDC, but both are plenty of fun in their own right and are great opportunities to hang with the Hero crowd. Otherwise, we hope to see you at DDC 28 next February! dw

Crashed Randy and Glen's linked Fantasy Hero games and had a blast. There were quite a few Hero games running this year, 'though many had poor character guidelines posted so I stayed away.

Darren: See you guys at KublaCon. (I was the guy fawning over the Ultimate Vehicle you gave to Randy.) :P