Writing up Lego Batman

CpSpalding

About a decade ago I ran a game at Gen Con  called Too Many Batman.  It was basically 6 different versions of Batman and 1 Robin.  I ran it a half dozen times and it has always gone pretty well. The roleplaying between the Adam West Batman and the Dark Knight Returns Batman alone made it a lot of fun for me to run.  I'm doing a sequel at Gen Con this year and I am playtesting it tomorrow.  In the game I'm going to use Lego Batman, but I won't see the movie until June.  I'd really love to have him for the playtest even if in approximation form that I can then revise before the actual con game. Any help on writing him up would be great.  I currently have the following Batmen ready for the game:

Batman from 1992 between Killing Joke and his broken back

New Look Batman from 1966*

Bruce from the Gotham tv show

Challenge of the Super Friends Batman from 1980

1943 Serial Batman

2016 Dawn of Justice Batman

The Robin is Damian Wayne

*In the game I'm reserving this character in case we have 8 show up.

If I do a third one, I will probably use Bruce Wayne from Batman beyond, but I did decide to limit Batmen to Bruce Wayne.  Robin is kind of a running gag.  In the first game, I used Dick Grayson 1970s college student and he tended to be the one sane person in the group.  In the sequel, I had to go with the least stable of the Robins.

Anybody? Anybody? McFly? Bueller? Kiddo?

Lego Batman's utility belt is useless. It is only painted on. His real 'power' is to change costumes (which each costume change gives a power).Lego Batman is an whitest who is self centered. He believes that Lego Superman is his arch nemesis (more popularity), and not Lego Joker.

Well, in the Lego-Verse Batman, like all the other Master Builders, would have a Variable Power Pool in that he can have any vehicle or device he needs so long as it is made out of Legos.  How powerful that is depends on whether he can bring any of the Lego-Verse "power" with him, or if any part of the adventure takes place in the Lego-Verse.  (Perhaps the other Batmen could swing by a toy store on the way to the final confrontation.)

Hope that helps.

Well, in the Lego-Verse Batman, like all the other Master Builders, would have a Variable Power Pool in that he can have any vehicle or device he needs so long as it is made out of Legos.  How powerful that is depends on whether he can bring any of the Lego-Verse "power" with him, or if any part of the adventure takes place in the Lego-Verse.  (Perhaps the other Batmen could swing by a toy store on the way to the final confrontation.)

Hope that helps.

will LEGO Batman be minifig size?

either that or a visit to a LEGO store may be embarrassing as he would end up with LEGO sized vehicle

• 3 months later...

Hmm. LEGO Batman. I played this lots with my son as he was growing up. The key features for LEGO Batman for me was that when he defeats someone, there are things to collect, that he randomly smashes the scenery to collect more stuff. He accumulates abilities at certain points and, when knocked out, reverts to baseline power set.

There is real gaming in this and some things to make other Batman types look at him strangely.

I think that defeating opponents should allow him to charge an END Battery that at, for example, power a VPP, or provide him with more abilities (gets stronger or more resilient). When the END Battery is charged you can place a suit change point where he can gain abilities (always relevant to the plot need). He should also need to smash furniture etc to charge the END Battery when no opponents are around.

I might be inclined to make him an automaton with resurrection/regeneration. So he does not get stunned or tired but he does eventually fall apart, only to re-assemble.

That's all I got just now but it should be significantly different to all the others...

Doc