Independence Day has been cancelled

There are large swaths of Salt Lake County where fireworks are off limits due to wildfire danger.

Our street is not one of them. Four different neighbors had fireworks going last night. We sat in our driveway and took in the show(s).

On 7/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Duke Bushido said:

Fireworks?  Fine. Have a few.  When they run on to two and three in the morning?  Roman candles break that party up pretty effectively.

But what have the Romans ever done for us, such that their candles should be venerated so many years later?

Maybe you could also lob a few Roman candles into my neighborhood to break up the damn late night fireworks.  I don't get up at 4 AM (a little after 5 instead), but damn, wish they'd have some consideration for people who have to sleep to live.

Here in San Bruno, police made 35 fireworks-related arrests and seized 58 pounds of fireworks. I wanted to link the story, but it wouldn't let me read it with my ad blocker on.

There were a ton of police and other first responders down the hill a couple of days ago. The neighbor shooting those fireworks has been quiet since then. Maybe he or she was one of those arrested.