First meeting

Mark Rand

The team has gotten together for the first time in the communications/situation room.  Communicators, team ID cards, and smartphone-size tablet computers that can, like Tara's computer, connect to the computer used by the Justice Foundation teams, have been passed out by Bonnie Curtis, Ph.D., the base electronics expert.

Team pilot Joanna Rivers briefs you on the Airbus Helicopters H135 the team will use and the various airport beacons.

(Her briefing is on the handout.)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan wanted to practice his powers. His class just before lunch was math.  So easy. But Bryan always added one or 2 little mistakes so he wouldn't be skipped another grade.  

He finished early. Actually he finished in 10 minutes flat.  So he asked the teacher if he could go to lunch early.   No one was outside.   He found a secure place to change and practice his powers.   He barely started when the junior Justice foundation told him where they meet. 

Now here it was Friday.   He told his mom he had band practice.   He covered himself with rocks and found a seat he hoped wouldn't break from all of his rocks.  

He was given the communicator. ID card. And smartphone.   He began to wonder how he was going to hide this from his mom.  

He stared at the smartphone for a while.   His mom was not rich.   He couldn't afford a smartphone.   

A woman started to talk about the airbus when someone asked him his name.   He paused.   He wanted something cool and heroic sounding.  He thought for only a moment.   "Cornerstone"  he replied. 

He was amazed at how he answered that with confidence.   The rocks on his body helped banish his fears.   He was going to like being a super hero.

"Hello. My names are, well the public knows me as both Lady Heart and Rebecca Valentine.  But, well..." Lady Heart looks around a bit then detransform into his Robert Trueheart identity.  "I guess you recognize me from television. The Mickey Mouse Club. I know your probably freaked out about this. Spirit Cat honey, I think we can trust them to unmask."

"Yeah," Spirit Cat says as she unmasks.  "I'm Doreen Mariko Tanaka, one of Rob's fellow Mouseketeers.  Thanks, I suspect, to Coyote the Trickster, I'm a ninja.  He also transformed other people at the same comic book/ anime/manga convention I was transformed at.  Some have become crooks."

"Agreed," Doreen says.  "Our fellow Mouseketeer, Sharon, who is Cheyenne, went as Danielle Moonstar from The New Mutants and a number of ladies were dressed like cat burglars.  They could've been cosplaying either Marvel's Black Widow, sneaky female spies or Lupin the 3rd's acquaintance Fujiko Mine."

33 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"That reminds me. My mom likes to go to that spy bar."

“That’s The Light-Fingered Lady on South Craig Street, a bar that caters to the cat burglar chic crowd,” Doreen says.  “I pass it, P3, and Buddy’s Diner on my way to Unlimited Wonder Comics, Collectables, and Games, which is just above the art supply store.” 

(Can we hear from the rest of you?)

Cornerstone was covered in rocks from head to toe.  "Well. Um, I can control rocks."  He paused for a moment before realizing they might want more.  "Oh. And I'm super strong.  I figure I'm stronger than spider-man but not as strong as superman.  I'm thinking I'm about as strong as the Thing from fantastic four.  I pretty much look like him anyway.   I once lifted a car. That was so freaking cool.  No one saw me. Of course.   Oh!  And I can tunnel under ground and that airbus worries me.  I have to have rock close by to control rocks.  "

He paused as he realized he was rambling.   ,"so how about you?"

"Me? Well I tap into something called love energy. Let me demonstrate. Change Of Heart!"

After a short moment, Robert Trueheart no longer appears, but in his place stands Rebecca Valentine, also known as Lady Heart. "In this form I can fly, shoot love energy in various forms, and well, you seen Madoka Magica right? Or Precure? Or something like that? Well, I'm a 'magical girl' of the anime persuasion. Don't worry, my advisor animal is not like Kubai from Madoka Magica. I'm not going to turn into an abstract concept of a witch."

1 hour ago, quozaxx said:

"I thought you looked familiar... wait didn't one of those shows have a dragon in it.  Now  that would be awesome.   I would seriously geek out. "  

"Yuri would be pleased, but she forbidden by the Jade Emperor from assuming her true form upon Earth."

"Wait, you're kidding right? "  it takes a moment for Bryan to realize he wasn't kidding.   "No - freaking- way,  oh my God!  You're serious!   Can you take me to meet him?  Can he talk?  What color is he?  Are his scales smooth or rough?  Is he strictly a carnivore or does he eat plants?  Does he breath fire?  Does he fly?"

Bryan didn't even realize he was rattling off so many questions so quickly.   

"Ryu No Yuri is a she, and actually, have you noticed an albino animal around here? Or an albino cat?"

"She can transform into any of the other animals of the oriental zodiac. Or a cat. I don't know if she can change into a human or not...I believe she gave me the Godstone as a human, but I don't remember her taking that from since."

"Likewise," Doreen says.  "As Spirit Cat, I'm a martial artist with weapon skills who can climb walls like Marvel's Black Widow.  As Doreen, I'm a tap and ballet dancer who is a Mouseketeer and a member of Allderdice's Drama Club.  Being in a geisha family, I have some knowledge of their arts.  Also, I participate in the Komen Sacramento Race for the Cure and own and ride an American Quarter Horse."

"As Rebecca Valentine I am publicly known as Lady Heart, am a teen model who dabbles in singing and acting in a few Walt Disney Channel films. As Robert Trueheart I'm a blue team Mouseketeer who dances, acts, and does light comedy. I also ride a chestnut mair in the Spin and Marty segments. By the way, we mostly shoot over the weekend, the summer, and school vacations."

"My mare's a bay," Doreen says.  "I ride her for fun and in the Spin and Marty segments.  Most of the horses we use are American Quarter Horse mares or geldings.  Karen actually owns the pinto American Shetland Pony mare she rides in the segments."

"Didn't we work together one adventure? Last year against an attempted kidnapping I believe. Spirit Cat was there also, but being a ninja..."

"Hey...I guess it is ok if some more questionable tabloids think me and Spirit Cat are a lesbian couple. I mean, they are not wrong about twenty five percent of the time..."

"...and thanks to Incubus I was locked in girl mode for a year."

Bryan didn't respond to the fact they had horses.  He's never been on a horse before and wondered how well trained they were and how difficult it was to ride a horse.

Then the subject of lesbian came up.  He raised his hand like getting permission from a teacher. 

" I, um have a question,  but I'm afraid it will make me seem prejudice... which I'm not.  But um... you are a guy who turns into a girl...  so, um. Do you like girls or guys?  Or does that change when you change?"

His voice trailed at the end, and he was hoping it didn't sound prejudice  

7 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

Bryan didn't respond to the fact they had horses.  He's never been on a horse before and wondered how well trained they were and how difficult it was to ride a horse.

Then the subject of lesbian came up.  He raised his hand like getting permission from a teacher. 

" I, um have a question,  but I'm afraid it will make me seem prejudice... which I'm not.  But um... you are a guy who turns into a girl...  so, um. Do you like girls or guys?  Or does that change when you change?"

His voice trailed at the end, and he was hoping it didn't sound prejudice  

"Great question Cornerstone. I like girls romantically. I like Spirit Cat romantically. It doesn't matter what gender I am at the time. Being unable to change my gender back made no difference in who I love."