Has Anyone Come Up With A Conversion System From Champions I/II/III/Golden Age Of to Champions Now?

rytchb42

Just like the title says, I am looking for a conversion system to convert ALL my villains (and I have ALL the books from that wonderful era of Champions!) to use for Champions Now. I am trying to convert but I am pretty sure I am not even coming close. So far the only thing I have come close to is converting Strength which I think is 5 points then converts to 1d6 Now.

Has anyone come up with a conversion sstem for all the other stats yet, that can share their system with me that would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I haven't done it before, but it should be relatively straightforward.

Pre would work the same way as Str.

Defense: Average or higher of PD/ED, minimum of 10. Resistant defense might need to be fiddled with (reduced).

For CNow Body, use 3e Con Rolls. Modify upwards if a character has unusually high 3e Body. (EG: 23 Con becomes 14 Body.) This might give results higher than you would get if you were building the character from scratch in CNow, so you might want to adjust this.

Speed is a little tricky. Halve 3e Spd and round up would work, although that results in a loss of differentiation between 5 and 6 3e Spd. Maybe do the former for values below 6. Above that, use 3e 6 = CNow 4, 3e 7-8 = CNow 5, 3e 9+ = CNow 6. Or something like that. The only problem is that this gives more CNow 5 Spd characters than is suggested by the rules.

CNow characteristics figured from Body should be based on the Body calculated above. Ignore radical discrepancies with 3e characters - the games are actually different.

Use the Int roll as Int. (Eg: 3rd edition 13 or 15 Int becomes CNow 12-, 18 or 20 3e Int becomes CNow 13-, and so on.)

Ego and Dex could work the same way, although they were influenced by the old Goodman numbers. Maybe mix in some Skill Levels to differentiate between different Combat values.

Anyway, this is a first pass attempt. See if it works. Some characters will cause it to break down.

In some cases, the resulting characters will cost a lot more than starting points. You might want to tone them down if they are supposed to be on a par with starting CNow characters.

I'll take a closer look at Dex and Ego later.

1 hour ago, assault said:

I haven't done it before, but it should be relatively straightforward.

Pre would work the same way as Str.

Defense: Average or higher of PD/ED, minimum of 10. Resistant defense might need to be fiddled with (reduced).

For CNow Body, use 3e Con Rolls. Modify upwards if a character has unusually high 3e Body. (EG: 23 Con becomes 14 Body.) This might give results higher than you would get if you were building the character from scratch in CNow, so you might want to adjust this.

Speed is a little tricky. Halve 3e Spd and round up would work, although that results in a loss of differentiation between 5 and 6 3e Spd. Maybe do the former for values below 6. Above that, use 3e 6 = CNow 4, 3e 7-8 = CNow 5, 3e 9+ = CNow 6. Or something like that. The only problem is that this gives more CNow 5 Spd characters than is suggested by the rules.

CNow characteristics figured from Body should be based on the Body calculated above. Ignore radical discrepancies with 3e characters - the games are actually different.

Use the Int roll as Int. (Eg: 3rd edition 13 or 15 Int becomes CNow 12-, 18 or 20 3e Int becomes CNow 13-, and so on.)

Ego and Dex could work the same way, although they were influenced by the old Goodman numbers. Maybe mix in some Skill Levels to differentiate between different Combat values.

Anyway, this is a first pass attempt. See if it works. Some characters will cause it to break down.

In some cases, the resulting characters will cost a lot more than starting points. You might want to tone them down if they are supposed to be on a par with starting CNow characters.

I'll take a closer look at Dex and Ego later.

thanks. some of that was what I was doing kind of. Just wanted to make sure I was on the same page around here. Sounds very good and I have more confidence now to go forward when I convert those old school villains. :) And there are always those few exceptions to the rules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

While I don’t recommend rote conversions of character, I do make conversion notes between systems to improve my understanding of said systems and how they relate. You (or someone) might find them useful:

I           CH       CH       STR, 1D6                                           Str, 1d6, Plus Flight as per Superleap

I           CH       CH       DEX                                                   Dex*

I           CH       CH       CON                                                  Body*

I           CH       CH       BODY                                                Body*

I           CH       CH       INT                                                    Int*

I           CH       CH       EGO                                                  Ego*

I           CH       CH       PRE, 1d6                                            Pre, 1d6

I           CH       CH       COM                                                  special effects

I           CH       CH       PD                                                     Defense (With Conditional if not matched by ED)

I           CH       CH       ED                                                     Defense (With Conditional if not matched by PD)

I           CH       CH       SPD                                                   Speed -1 (Max 6, Min 1)

I           CH       CH       REC                                                  Body*

I           CH       CH       END                                                  Body*

I           CH       CH       Stun                                                   Body*

I           CH       SK        ACROBATICS base roll                        Acrobatics

I           CH       SK        ACROBATICS,  + 1                              Skill Level

I           CH       SK        CLlMBING base roll                             Climbing

I           CH       SK        CLlMBING, +1                                     Skill Level

I           CH       SK        COMPUTER PROGRAMING base roll     Computer Programming

I           CH       SK        COMPUTER PROGRAMING, +1           Skill Level

I           CH       SK        DETECTIVE WORK base roll                Detective Work

I           CH       SK        DETECTIVE WORK, +1                        Skill Level

I           CH       SK        DISGUISE base roll                             Disguise

I           CH       SK        DISGUISE, +1                                      Skill Level

I           CH       SK        FIND WEAKNESS base roll                  Find Weakness

I           CH       SK        FIND WEAKNESS, +1                          Skill Level

I           CH       SK        LUCK                                                 Luck

I           CH       SK        MARTIAL ARTS                                  Martial Moves and Martial Attacks

I           CH       SK        MARTIAL ARTS +x1f2 damage             Strength, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SECURITY SYSTEMS base roll              Security Systems

I           CH       SK        SECURITY SYSTEMS, + 1                   Skill Level

I           CH       SK        STEALTH base roll                               Stealth

I           CH       SK        STEALTH, + 1                                     Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SWINGING  1"                                    Flight, round up to next multiple of 5.

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, HtH Combat, Specific     Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, HTH Combat, Group       Dexterity, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Ranged Combat, Specific Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Ranged Combat, Group   Dexterity, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, All Combat, General        Dexterity

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Ego Powers, Specific      Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Ego Powers, Group                         Ego, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Movement, Specific                        Dexterity, Linked and Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Movement, Group                           Dexterity, Linked or Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Skills, Specific              Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Skills, Group                 Dexterity and/or Intelligence, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Skills, General              Dexterity and Intelligence, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Perception, Specific        Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Perception, Group                           Intelligence, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Powers, Specific           Skill Level

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Powers, Group              Dexterity, Ego and/or Intelligence, Linked and Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Powers, General           Dexterity, Ego and/or Intelligence, Linked or Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Characteristic Rolls, Specific            Dexterity, Ego, or Intelligence, Constrained

I           CH       SK        SKILL LEVELS, Overall Levels, Overall    Dexterity, Ego and Intelligence

I           CH       PW       ARMOR, PD and ED                            Defense, Resistant

I           CH       PW       ARMOR, PD or ED                              Defense, Resistant, Conditional

I           CH       PW       CLlNGING                                          Surfaces/Clinging 1d6 Str per 5 Str

I           CH       PW       DAMAGE RESISTANCE vs. hand-to-hand Defense Upgraded to Resistant, Conditional

I           CH       PW       DAMAGE RESISTANCE vs. physical      Defense Upgraded to Resistant, Conditional

I           CH       PW       DAMAGE RESISTANCE vs. energy                        Defense Upgraded to Resistant, Conditional

I           CH       PW       DAMAGE RESISTANCE vs. all             Defense Upgraded to Resistant

I           CH       PW       DANGER SENSE base roll                    Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Analysis, Permits Abstractions

I           CH       PW       DANGER SENSE, + 1 to roll                 Skill Level

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  1" radius, per                    Darkness, 1" radius

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  Impervious to normal sight  Darkness, Completely prevents one senses perceptions

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  Impervious to Ultraviolet Vision             Darkness, Affects All Senses

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  Impervious to Infrared vision                 Darkness, Affects All Senses

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  Impervious to Radar                            Darkness, Affects All Senses

I           CH       PW       DARKNESS  Impervious to X-ray vision   Darkness, Affects All Senses

I           CH       PW       DENSITY INCREASE                          Density Increase + Constrained Strength

I           CH       PW       DESOLIDIFICATION  BODY per phase   Desolid, round up to next multiple of 2 body

I           CH       PW       EGO ATTACK                                     Blast, Ego-Based, Severe, Invisible Effects

I           CH       PW       EGO DEFENSE                                   Specialized Defense: vs. Ego-Based Attacks*

I           CH       PW       ENERGY BLAST                                 Blast

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Enhanced Vision  Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Infrared Vision     Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Ultraviolet Vision  Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Telescopic Vision Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Microscopic Vision                Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, X-Ray Vision       Awareness, Analysis, Separate

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, N-Ray Vision       Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Analysis, Separate

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Enhanced Hearing Awareness

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Parabolic Hearing Awareness

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Active Sonar                        Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Passive Sonar     Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Discriminatory Smell              Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Tracking Scent    Awareness

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Radio Hearing      Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, 360 Degree Vision Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENHANCED SENSES, Radar Sense       Awareness, Analysis

I           CH       PW       ENTANGLE                                        Entangle 1d6 and 1 DEF per 1d6 and 1 DEF

I           CH       PW       EXTRA LIMB                                      Extra Limb

I           CH       PW       FASTER-THAN-LiGHT TRAVEL            Flight, Expanded Scope: Space/Interstellar

I           CH       PW       FLASH                                               Flash, 1d6, Area Effect (1 hex)

I           CH       PW       FLASH DEFENSE                               Specialized Defense: vs. Flash,

I           CH       PW       FLlGHT                                              Flight, round up to next multiple of 5.

I           CH       PW       FORCE FIELD                                    Force Field round up to next multiple of 2.

I           CH       PW       FORCE WALL, 3 hexsides                    Force Wall: 3 Hexsides per 3 hexsides

I           CH       PW       GLlDING                                            Flight, round up to next multiple of 5., No Endurance Cost

I           CH       PW       GROWTH                                           Growth

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY                                       Invisibility

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY to Infrared Vision             Invisibility, Includes Awarenes

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY to Ultraviolet Vision                           Invisibility, Includes Awarenes

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY to X-ray Vision                  Invisibility, Includes Awarenes

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY to N-rayVision                 Invisibility, Includes Awarenes

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY to Radar                         Invisibility, Includes Awarenes

I           CH       PW       INVISIBILITY no fringe effect                Invisibility, Remove Close-Range perception and Targetting perception

I           CH       PW       INSTANT CHANGE same clothes                           Instant Change, Specific Outfit and back again

I           CH       PW       INSTANT CHANGE any set of clothes    Instant Change, Any Outfit

I           CH       PW       KILLING ATTACK (hand-to-hand), 1d6     Blast, 3 to 5 dice Piercing, Severe, number of dice depends on whether you wish to emulate the Stun Multiple, Champions Now does not provide extra dice from strength.

I           CH       PW       KILLING ATTACK (Ranged) , 1d6                           Blast, 3 to 5 dice Piercing, Severe, number of dice depends on whether you wish to emulate the Stun Multiple,

I           CH       PW       LACK OF WEAKNESS                         Specialized Defense, vs. Find Weakness*

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT may breathe under water.                Life Support, Vs. Water or similar conditions

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT needn't breathe            Life Support, Vs. Gasses Breathed

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT immune to absorbed gasses            Life Support, Vs. Gasses Absorbed

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT space/high pressure.      Life Support, Vs. Vaccuum and High Pressure

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT need not eat or excrete. Life Support, No Required Biological Functions

I           CH       PW       LIFE SUPPORT extreme conditions                        Life Support, Complete Life Support

I           CH       PW       MENTAL ILLUSION                             Images

I           CH       PW       MIND CONTROL                                Mind Control

I           CH       PW       MIND SCANNING                               Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Analysis, Permits Abstractions; Expanded Scope: Planetary

I           CH       PW       MISSILE DEFLECTION, thrown objects   Missile Deflection, Conditional

I           CH       PW       MISSILE DEFLECTION, bullets and shrapnel            Missile Deflection, Conditional

I           CH       PW       MISSILE DEFLECTION, Energy Blasts    Missile Deflection

I           CH       PW       POWER DEFENSE                              Specialized Defense, vs. Drain and Weaken*

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, STR                          Weaken Strength

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Dex                           Weaken Dexterity

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Con                           (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Body                         (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Int                             Weaken Intelligence

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Ego                           Weaken Ego

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Pre                            Weaken Presence

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Com                          special effects

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, PD                            Find Weakness

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, ED                            Find Weakness

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, SPD                          Weaken Speed

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, REC                          x

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, End                           Drain

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Stun                          Blast, Severe, Strike

I           CH       PW       POWER DRAIN, Powers                      Negation, Strike

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, End                    Drain, Transfer Option

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Power                 Negation, Strike; Power Pool, Special Circumstances (copies powers Neutralized)

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER PD or ED             Find Weakness, Usable by Others; Defense, Constrained (Only 3 per die of find weakness)

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, STR                   Weaken Strength; Strength, only up to what has been Weakened lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Dex                    Weaken Dexterity; Dexterity, only up to what has been Weakened lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Con                    (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike; Body, only up to what has lost to this attack lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Body                  (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike; Body, only up to what has lost to this attack lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Int                      Weaken Intelligence; Intelligence, only up to what has been Weakened lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Ego                    Weaken Ego; Ego, only up to what has been 'Weakened lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Pre                     Weaken Presence; Presence, only up to what has been 'Weakened lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Com                   special effects

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, SPD                   Weaken Speed; Appropriate Speed, only up to what has been 'Weakened' lately

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, Stun                   Blast, Severe, Strike

I           CH       PW       POWER TRANSFER, REC                   x

I           CH       PW       SHRINKING                                       Shrinking

I           CH       PW       STRETCHING                                    Stretching

I           CH       PW       SUPERLEAP                                       Flight, round up to next multiple of 5.

I           CH       PW       SWIMMING                                        Flight, round up to next multiple of 5.

I           CH       PW       TELEKINESIS                                     Telekinesis, round up to next multiple of 2d6

I           CH       PW       TELEPATHY                                       Telepathy

I           CH       PW       TELEPORTATION  15"                         Teleportation, round up to next multiple of 5.

I           CH       PW       TELEPORTATION, 2x mass                 Teleportation, 2x mass

I           CH       PW       TELEPORTATION, 2x distance             Teleportation, Expanded Scope, Regional

I           CH       PW       TELEPORTATION, 1 location                Teleportation, Additional Location

I           CH       PW       TUNNELING                                       Tunnel

I           CH       FR       ELEMENTAL CONTROL                      Elemental Control

I           CH       FR       MUL TIPOWER                                   Constrained

I           CH       AD       REDUCED ENDURANCE                    No Endurance Cost, or special effect

I           CH       AD       AREA EFFECT HEXES                        Area Effect (Sphere) or Area Effect (Cone), or both as distinct attacks

I           CH       AD       AREA EFFECT RADIUS                      Area Effect (Sphere)

I           CH       AD       ARMOR PIERCING                             Buy more dice of attack

I           CH       AD       ATTACK WITH NO NORMAL DEFENSE Severe

I           CH       AD       AUTOFIRE                                         Buy more dice of attack

I           CH       AD       AUTOFIRE, Selective Fire                    Buy more dice of attack

I           CH       AD       BASED ON EGO COMBAT VALUE                         Ego-Based, Severe, Invisible Effects

I           CH       AD       EXPLOSION                                       Area Effect (Explosion)

I           CH       AD       EXTRA CHARGES                              No Endurance Cost

I           CH       AD       INVISIBLE POWER EFFECTS              Invisible Effects

I           CH       AD       INVISIBLE POWER EFFECTS, fully invisible             Invisible Effects

I           CH       AD       HARDENED DEFENSES                      Buy more of Appropriate Defense

I           CH       AD       LARGE ENDURANCE BATTERY                            No Endurance Cost

I           CH       AD       AFFECTS DESOLIDIFIED OBJECTS      Affects Desolid

I           CH       AD       USABLE AT RANGE                            Usable at Range

I           CH       AD       USABLE ON OTHERS                         Usable On/For Others

I           CH       LM       ACTIVATION ROLL , 8 or less              Activation 11- or Special Effect

I           CH       LM       ACTIVATION ROLL , 11 or less            Activation 11-

I           CH       LM       ACTIVATION ROLL , 14 or less            Activation 11-

I           CH       LM       ALWAYS ON                                       Always On

I           CH       LM       ENDURANCE BATTERY                      x

I           CH       LM       FOCUS, Inobvious, Inaccessible (IIF)      Focus, Inobvious

I           CH       LM       FOCUS, Inobvious, Accessible (IAF)                       Focus, Inobvious

I           CH       LM       FOCUS, Obvious, Inaccessible (OIF)      Focus, Obvious

I           CH       LM       FOCUS, Obvious, Accessible (OAF)                        Focus, Obvious

I           CH       LM       INCREASED ENDURANCE COST                         Increased Endurance

I           CH       LM       LlMTED POWER                                 Costs Endurance, Linked, No Knockback, Burnout, No Range, Strike, Conditional, Constrained, Involuntary, Shutdown, Skill-Based, or Tricky

I           CH       LM       LlMITED USES                                   Burnout, No Endurance Cost, &/or Special Effect

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, 8 or less                            Enrage 11- or special effect

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, 11 or less                           Enrage 11-

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, 14 or less                           Enrage 14-

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, Uncommon circumstance      Enrage, Uncommon or weird

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, Common Circumstances       Enrage, Ordinary or Likely

I           CH       DS       BERSERK, Very Common Circumstances Enrage, Ordinary or Likely

I           CH       DS       DNPC                                                DNPC

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, Infrequently      Physical Limitation, Occasional

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, Frequently                       Physical Limitation, Occasional

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, All the time      Physical Limitation, All the Time

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, Slightly           Physical Limitation, Significantly

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, Greatly           Physical Limitation, Significantly

I           CH       DS       PHYSICAL LIMITATION, Fully               Physical Limitation, Severely

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, single person.                      Hunted, One Person, Murderous

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, small group (4 or                  Hunted, Small Group, Murderous

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, large group (5 or                   Hunted, Large Organization, Murderous

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, advan (agents).                    Hunted, Ordineary Resources, Murderous

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, some supers                        Hunted, Extensive/Unusual Resources, Murderous

I           CH       DS       HUNTED, All Supers                            Hunted, Resources Include Superpowers, Murderous

I           CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM.., An uncommon Situation   PSYCH. LIM.., Happens Sometimes

I           CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM.., A common situation                         PSYCH. LIM.., Happens Sometimes

I           CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM.., A very common situation  PSYCH. LIM.., Happens A Lot

I           CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM.., takes irrational actions     PSYCH. LIM.., Irrational

I           CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM..,  becomes totally useless  PSYCH. LIM.., Meltdown

I           CH       DS       PUBLIC IDENTITY                              Public Identity

I           CH       DS       SECRET IDENTITY                             Secret Identity

I           CH       DS       SUSCEPTIBILITY, Uncommon               Susceptibility, Uncommon or Weird

I           CH       DS       SUSCEPTIBILITY, Common                 Susceptibility, Ordinary

I           CH       DS       SUSCEPTIBILITY, Very Common                            Susceptibility, Ordinary

I           CH       DS       UNLUCK                                            Unluck

I           CH       DS       VULNERABILITY                                 Vulnerability

II          CH       SK        BUREACRATICS                                 Special Effects

II          CH       SK        CITY KNOWLEDGE                             Special Effects

II          CH       SK        DEMOLITIONS                                   Special Effects (or Blast with modifiers, Area Effect (Radius), Separate, Constrained

II          CH       SK        DRIVING                                            Special Effects

II          CH       SK        ESCAPE ARTIST                                 Special Effects

II          CH       SK        FORENSICS                                       Special Effects

II          CH       SK        GADGETEERING                                 Control Skill for a VPP

II          CH       SK        LANGUAGES                                      Special Effects

II          CH       SK        LINGUIST                                          Special Effects

II          CH       SK        PARAMEDICS                                    Special Effects

II          CH       SK        PILOT                                                Special Effects

II          CH       SK        PROFESSIONAL SKILLS                       Special Effects

II          CH       SK        SCIENCES                                          Special Effects

II          CH       SK        STREETWISE                                     Special Effects

II          CH       PW       ENERGY ABSORPTION                        (Ability), Constrained: Only up to amount of Damage Taken (before Defenses) In this Encounter

II          CH       PW       GADGET POINTS                               VPP, Must Include Required Limitation (Focus)

II          CH       PW       LIGHT ILLUSIONS                              Images, Group Effect (Targets Able to See)

II          CH       PW       PRESENCE DEFENSE                        Presence, Constrained (Defensive Only)

II          CH       PW       REFLECTION                                     Missile Deflection; Blast, Adaptive Effects, Reactive

II          CH       DS       ACCIDENTAL CHANGE                       Instant Change; Involuntary, No Voluntary Use

II          CH       DS       DEPENDENCE, Very Common             Dependence, Ordinary

II          CH       DS       DEPENDENCE, Common                     Dependence, Ordinary

II          CH       DS       DEPENDENCE, Uncommon                 Dependence, Uncommon or Weird

II          CH       DS       Vulnerability                                        Vulnerability

II          HQ       DS       INTERFERENCE, 14 or less                 Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       INTERFERENCE, 11 or less                 Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       INTERFERENCE, 8 or less                  Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Infrequently (8 or less)               Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Occasionally (11 or less)            Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Frequently (14 or less)               Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Competent                               Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Normal                                    Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       DNPC, Incompetent (A normal              Unluck or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       PUBLICITY, Little known (8 or less)                        Public Identity or Special Effects

II          HQ       DS       PUBLICITY, Well known (11 or less)                       Public Identity

II          HQ       DS       PUBLICITY, Household Word (14 or less) Public Identity

II          HQ       DS       UNLUCK                                            Unluck

II          HQ                  Location                                             Special Effects

II          HQ                  Area                                                   Living and Working Spaces

II          HQ       PW       Armor                                                 Force Wall

II          HQ                  Laboratories                                        Labs

II          HQ                  Computers                                          Libraries or Databanks

II          HQ                  Concealment                                       Concealment or Invisibility

II          HQ                  Power Plants                                       Special Effects

II          HQ       PW       Weapons and Traps                             Weaponized

II          HQ       PW       Powers                                               Powers

II          HQ                  Communications, Hi-range radio reception Special Effects or Awareness

II          HQ                  Communications, VI s I phone               Special Effects or Telepathy

II          HQ                  Communications, TV/Radio broadcast     Special Effects or Images

II          HQ                  Communications, Satellite link               Special Effects or Awareness/Images/Telepathy

II          HQ       PW       Sensors                                              Awareness

II          HQ                  Agents                                               Special Effects

II          HQ                  Danger Room                                      Exercise and Training

II          HQ                  Robots                                               Special Effects

II          VH       PW       Maximum Velocity (MAX), Flight            Mobility, Flight

II          VH       PW       Maximum Velocity (MAX), Ground                           Mobility, Flight

II          VH       PW       Maximum Velocity (MAX), Tunnelling       Mobility, Tunnel

II          VH       PW       Maximum Velocity (MAX), Teleport                          Mobility, Teleport

II          VH       PW       Maximum Velocity (MAX), Water           Mobility, Flight

II          VH       PW       Defense (DEF) For 1 side                      Hardening

II          VH                   Body Pips (BODY)                               Special Effects

II          VH                   interior S1ze (ISl) per hex                      Special Effects

II          VH       PW       Damage (OHG:) per +1D6                     Weaponized or Special Effects

II          VH                   Passengers (PAS)                                Passenger Space

II          VH                   EKter lor Six􀀟 (SI Z,)                              Special Effects

II          VH                   DCV Hodlflet (DCVM)                           Special Effects

II          VH                   Mass (MASS)                                       Special Effects

II          VH                   Knockback Modifier (KNB)                    Special Effects

II          VH                   Common Radio                                   Special Effects or Telepathy

II          VH       PW       Ejection Seats                                     Telekinesis

II          VH       PW       Electronic Countermeasures                  Invisibility

II          VH       PW       Extra Limb                                          Extra Limb

II          VH                   Fire Extinguishers                                Special Effects

II          VH                   Floats                                                Special Effects

II          VH                   High Altltude                                       Special Effects

II          VH       PW       Orbital                                                Life Support

II          VH       PW       Power Jacks                                       Life Support

II          VH       PW       Radar Reflectors                                 Invisibility

II          VH                   Radio Control                                      Special effects or ???

II          VH       PW       Watertlght                                           Life Support

II          VH       PW       NOT AIR BREATH I NG                       Life Support

II          VH       PW       SILENT MOVEMENT                           Invisibility

II          VH                   SMALLER THAN NORMAL                   Special Effects

II          VH       DS       VULNERABILITY                                 Special Effects

II          VH       DS       SPECIAL LICENSE                              Special Effects

II          VH       DS       LIMITED ACCESS                               Special Effects

III         CH       PW       Absorption as Defense                         Defense

III         CH       PW       Continuing Charges                              x

III         CH       DS       Berserk/Enraged                                  Special Effect

III         CH       DS       PSYCH. LIM.: HUNTING,                     Special Effect

III         CH       DS       Unusual Looks*                                   Unusual Looks

III         CH       PW       Detect                                                Special Effect

III         CH       PW       Detect, Sense                                     Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Constrained

III         CH       PW       Detect, Radius                                    Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment

III         CH       PW       Detect, Locate                                    Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Constrained, Constrained

III         CH       PW       Detect, Analyze                                   Awareness, Ignores Flash and Concealment, Constrained, Constrained, Analysis

III         CH       PW       Duplication                                          (Abilities), Separate

III         CH       PW       Duplication, Not Usable When Duplicated Constrained

III         CH       PW       Duplication, Only When Duplicated                          Constrained

III         CH       PW       Damage Reduction                              Just buy Defenses

III         CH       PW       Healing                                               Regeneration, Usable On/For Others + Body, Usable On/For Others

III         CH       PW       Knockback Resistance                         Specialized Defense, vs. Knockback

III         CH       PW       Mental Paralysis                                  Weaken Ego, Ego-Based

III         CH       PW       Multiform                                            Multiform

III         CH       PW       Neutralize                                           Negation, Conditional

III         CH       PW       Piercing                                              Extra Dice

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, STR             Weaken Strength, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Dex              Weaken Dexterity, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Con              (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Body            (Attack Power), Lethal, Strike, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Int                Weaken Intelligence, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Ego              Weaken Ego, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Pre               Weaken Presence, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Com             special effects

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, PD               x

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, ED               x

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, SPD             Weaken Speed, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, REC             x

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, End              Drain, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Stun             Blast, Severe, Strike, Destructive

III         CH       PW       POWER DESTRUCTION, Powers                          Negation, Strike, Destructive

III         CH       PW       Shape Shift, Change form, look and color for             Instant Change, Variety of Persons or Forms

III         CH       PW       Shape Shift, into living things                 Instant Change, Variety of Persons or Forms

III         CH       PW       Shape Shift, into living or nonliving things Instant Change, Variety of Persons or Forms

III         CH       PW       Shape Shift, Change Size                     Growth and/or Shrinking

III         CH       PW       Transformation Attack, all-or-nothing        x

III         CH       PW       Transformation Attack, Cumulative attack x

III         CH       PW       Transformation Attack, 1 STUN per BODY                x

III         CH       PW       Transformation Attack, STUN multiplier   x

III         CH       FR       Variable Power Pool                             Variable Power Pool

III         CH       FR       Variable Power Pool, shared Limitation     Variable Power Pool, Required Limitation(s)

III         CH       FR       VPP, Only between adventures              Variable Power Pool, Change only with special circumstances

III         CH       FR       VPP, only in given circumstance            Variable Power Pool, Change only with special circumstances

III         CH       FR       VPP, No choice of when change occurs   Variable Power Pool, Change only with special circumstances

III         CH       FR       Variable Power Pool, Restricted available Variable Power Pool

III         CH       FR       Variable Power Pool, Restricted points     Variable Power Pool

III         CH       FR       Variable Power Pool, Change at Any Time Variable Power Pool, altered as 0-phase Action

III         CH       AD       Area Effect (Cone)                               Area Effect (Cone)

III         CH       AD       Area Effect (One Hex)                          Area Effect (One Hex)

III         CH       AD       Attack Against Limited Defenses           Severe

III         CH       AD       Attack With Increased Knockback                           High Impact

III         CH       AD       Attack With No Range Modifier              Ego-Based

III         CH       AD       Controllable Continuous Attack              Separate

III         CH       AD       Uncontrollable Continuous Attack           Separate

III         CH       AD       Damage Shield                                    Aura

III         CH       AD       Entangle Takes No Damage From Attack Telekinesis, Separate

III         CH       AD       Entangle Stops a Given Sense               Flash, Separate

III         CH       AD       Sticky Entangle                                   Entangle, Area Effect (One Hex)

III         CH       AD       Increasing Entangle                              Entangle, Separate, Constrained

III         CH       AD       Entangle with Backlash                         Blast, Adaptive Effects, Reactive

III         CH       AD       Extended Area                                     x

III         CH       AD       Extended Range                                  x

III         CH       AD       Missile Deflection Against Others           Missile Deflection Usable Against Others

III         CH       AD       Penetration Attack                               (Same Attack), Severe

III         CH       AD       Teleportation vs. Others, Only, No Range Usable as Close-Range Attack to Teleport, Constrained (Not Usable On Self)

III         CH       AD       Teleportation vs. Others, Only               Usable as Close-Range Attack to Teleport, Usable At Range, Constrained (Not Usable On Self)

III         CH       AD       Teleportation Against Others, No Range   Usable as Close-Range Attack to Teleport

III         CH       AD       Teleportation Against Others                 Usable as Close-Range Attack to Teleport, Usable At Range

III         CH       LM       Activation Time half phase                    Constrained (Requires Half-Phase Action)

III         CH       LM       Activation Time, 1 full phase                 Constrained (Requires Full-Phase Action)

III         CH       LM       Animate Object                                    Telekinesis, Separate

III         CH       LM       Burnout                                              Burnout, Restored Out of Combat

III         CH       LM       EGO Power Based on CON                   x

III         CH       LM       Entangle Deteriorates with Time            x

III         CH       LM       Entangle with Weakness                       x

III         CH       LM       Entangle with No Defense                     Entangle, No Defense Option

III         CH       LM       Entangle with 1 BODY                          Force Wall, Constrained

III         CH       LM       Single Target Flash                              Flash

I do now, but it converts to Champions Complete rather than Champions Now.

Champions Complete is a reformatting of Champions 6E. Champions Now is the result of game designer Ron Edwards getting permission form DOJ, Inc. to start with Champions 3E and take it in a very different direction than the designers of 4E, 5E, and 6E took it. 

To give an idea of about how different they are: 6E dropped Elemental Control but retained Multipower; while Champions Now dropped Multipower but retained Elemental Control. 6E made Endurance, Stun, and Recovery fully independent of Primary Characteristics; while Champions Now made them fully dependent on Body. 6E added Perks to handle benefits from the character's social position; while Champions Now explicitly spells out that the character's social position does not cost points and does not have formal rules. 

2 hours ago, ideasmith said:

I do now, but it converts to Champions Complete rather than Champions Now.

Oops, my mistake.

I was scanning through the list of unread posts and read it as Champions as in the current version, not Champions Now the title.

I need to pay more attention to the exact forum.

21 hours ago, ideasmith said:

‘More dice’ looks like a much closer (or less distant) fit to me.

Piercing ignores resistances that aren't extra strong, so Piercing first, and then more dice. An Armor Piercing punch might be better as just extra dice, but I don't know. a Piercing punch is a little weird but makes sense in some contexts.

• 10 months later...