Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman sue WoTC

Scott Ruggels

Well now..,

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7245020-Weis.html?fbclid=IwAR2rejSRT02Vy9hjy_YqTQQZszDnUQqEgKYpswTo2z_jsjThLisEzeB4lj8

it seems that Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman are suing Wizards of The Coast for Breach if Contract, and Tortious interference  I guess Dragonlance will Not be one of the realms WoTC will be revisiting. 

21 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Well now..,

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7245020-Weis.html?fbclid=IwAR2rejSRT02Vy9hjy_YqTQQZszDnUQqEgKYpswTo2z_jsjThLisEzeB4lj8

it seems that Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman are suing Wizards of The Coast for Breach if Contract, and Tortious interference  I guess Dragonlance will Not be one of the realms WoTC will be revisiting. 

"We are not moving toward breech but we are not approving any further drafts."

WotC is so screwed.

Since Dragonlance wasn't substantially tainted by any of the racism or sexism controversies WotC has been going through, it had the potential of digging the company out of that hole. Or at least obliterating some of the memories of those controversies. And making them a huge pile of money besides.

Now WotC will be paying out money and all the racism and sexism controversies will be dragged through open court instead.

More winning?

20 hours ago, Hermit said:

Damn. I would have liked to give that new trilogy a chance

I really wasn't a fan of the "Mina" story arc or the "Takhisis stole the world" stories in general.

The original Dragonlance gave us a fairly unique setting with some memorable locations, organizations, and kingdoms.

The later stories completely obliterated most of those memorable locations, organizations, and kingdoms. Some new organizations were created then those too were obliterated.

I probably would have read the stories but unless Hermione showed up with a time-turner to reverse time and rewind back to a time before all the interesting stuff was obliterated, I don't think I would have been very satisfied with whatever the authors came up with anyway.