5th Edition Villain Help

I'm currently running a 5th edition campaign, and I'm trying to come up with the best way to create a villain who simply cannot be hurt. He can be restrained, he can't move in any special way, nor does he have super strength. He just can't be hurt. Any suggestions?

Throw massive amounts of points at the character.  Honestly this is about the only way it will work.  Don't try to balance it because it is not balanced.

Give the character good defenses and then desolid.  This means he is going to need affects solid and 0 END on all his attacks.  You need good defenses for the affects desolid attacks.  Don't forget the odd defenses to stop the NND's.    

This suggestion is extreme munchkinism, although not unprecedented; but since it's for an NPC you can keep it manageable: Extra-Dimensional Movement (to a "dimension" where the character can't be hurt), 0 END Persistent, Fully Invisible, Only Prevents Damage. You will need to buy Transdimensional for the character's Strength and any other attacks.

The Hero System avoids absolutes; in this case not taking any damage from attacks. If you're going this route, I agree with LW: don't bother balancing the character. I personally wouldn't go with Desolid though, because Affects Desolid can affect him though. If he's got lots of defenses, Desolid isn't necessary.

Some time ago, someone came up with a couple charts where you could get 100% Damage Reduction for PD, ED, etc. You could go that route since you're going for an absolute effect, or you could just give the villain 100 PD, 100 ED, etc on Power Def, Mental Def, etc. Of course, if you're going to go with the villain not taking damage or balancing it, don't bother trying to justify it: just write down on the sheet: "Cannot be hurt" and leave it at that. You're the only one who's going to be looking at the sheet anyways, since you're the GM.

What is the maximum amount of damage a PC can do in your campaign?  What damage could the villain take from the environment?  Once you have answered those questions give the villain sufficient defenses (and perhaps life support) to avoid or mitigate all of the damage.  

I think Tech's approach is the best and simplest.

At some point you might need to give the villain a weakness or two.  Also, if the villain can be restrained, what is to prevent the characters from encasing the villain in cement or something equally unheroic, or is that the point?