first mission

Mark Rand

"Humm...could it be any of the women who got zapped into thinking they were Fujiko Himi? The character is one of thoes 'want the finer things in life's thieves. But if she was with a Lupin, she would announce her crime before doing it...mostly because Lupin operates that way."

"I know, but there also could be women given her skills who want to do good, like the new Robin.  Since she can become a mermaid, she's on an investigation in what was the Atlantic City area before it and a few neighboring cities sunk on September 11, 2001."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I know, but there also could be women given her skills who want to do good, like the new Robin.  Since she can become a mermaid, she's on an investigation in what was the Atlantic City area before it and a few neighboring cities sunk on September 11, 2001."

"Who says she's thinking of what she would of been doing as 'bad'. My mom dressed as Honey Wesr at the convention, so I know...kinda. She bought a domestic cat breed based on the ocelot."

22 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Thanks for your time, ladies," Batgirl says.  "We'll head for the Sprang Bridge and talk to Katherine Avery.  She might know something."

Lady Heart follows Batgirl. "Ever since the convention and the first time I transformed everything has been stranged. Abino cats. Floating cloaks with staff turning objects into monsters. Mentions of extradimensinal queens hunting stones. People cosplaying and turning into the characters they are portraying with no real rime or reason. How many false Batmen had a certain someone had to quell recently?"

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

Lady Heart follows Batgirl. "Ever since the convention and the first time I transformed everything has been stranged. Abino cats. Floating cloaks with staff turning objects into monsters. Mentions of extradimensinal queens hunting stones. People cosplaying and turning into the characters they are portraying with no real rime or reason. "

"Yeah, that does sound weird," Batgirl says.

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

"How many false Batmen had a certain someone had to quell recently?"

"At least ten," Batgirl admits. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Once the Batboat leaves the lighthouse, Batgirl says, "I lied a bit about Robin.  She's not in what was once Atlantic City.  She and her family are visiting friends in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia."

(OCC: There is no COVID-19 in this universe.)

"It doesn't matter. The outside world doesn't need to know. Just like they don't know that I can pee standing up."

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

"It doesn't matter. The outside world doesn't need to know. Just like they don't know that I can pee standing up."

"Knowing Renee, she'll investigate the ladies dressed as Fujiko Mine," Batgirl says.  "She might also look at the six dressed as Honey West, who ranged from her as a burglar to her in an evening gown.  I also saw five ladies dressed as Sarah from the NBC series Chuck, one complete with a CAT Squad.  There were also several dressed as Marvel's Black Widow.  I was one of them."

She pauses, then adds, "We'll stop by the Batcave and pick up my motorcycle.  It'll hold two and I have an extra helmet I'll lend you."

4 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Knowing Renee, she'll investigate the ladies dressed as Fujiko Mine," Batgirl says.  "She might also look at the six dressed as Honey West, who ranged from her as a burglar to her in an evening gown.  I also saw five ladies dressed as Sarah from the NBC series Chuck, one complete with a CAT Squad.  There were also several dressed as Marvel's Black Widow.  I was one of them."

She pauses, then adds, "We'll stop by the Batcave and pick up my motorcycle.  It'll hold two and I have an extra helmet I'll lend you."

"Well...I guess...I don't know how to feel that my own mother is a suspect. Not that I'm worried...my mom is primarily a school nurse, and if she retained from the comic con experience would probably be Honey's skills as a detective. By the way, did you know the anime and manga character Cutie Honey was partially named after Honey West?"

4 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Well...I guess...I don't know how to feel that my own mother is a suspect. Not that I'm worried...my mom is primarily a school nurse, and if she retained from the comic con experience would probably be Honey's skills as a detective. By the way, did you know the anime and manga character Cutie Honey was partially named after Honey West?"

"Honey's skills as a detective will probably come in handy in her nursing profession," Batgirl says.  "Of course, she may also have Honey's martial arts and burglar skills, too."  She pauses, then adds, "I didn't know that Cutie Honey was partially named after Honey West."

9 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Honey's skills as a detective will probably come in handy in her nursing profession," Batgirl says.  "Of course, she may also have Honey's martial arts and burglar skills, too."  She pauses, then adds, "I didn't know that Cutie Honey was partially named after Honey West."

"I learned that after watching a YouTube video."

(OOC: same)

"Well...if you want to talk to her, let me know. Both parents know about what happened to me at the convention.  Same with my girlfriend."

At the Gotham University Oceanic Institute, Batman and Paladin, with permission from the captain, board the RV Laurel Blair Clark.   "What can I do for you two, Batman?" the captain, Commander Jason Kirk, a naval reservist, asks.

"We'd like to see the sea bat," Batman replies.  "Is it possible?"

"Sure," Commander Kirk replies.  "Just follow the tracks into that hangar."

Inside the hangar is a submersible that looks like Woods Hole's submersible, Alvin, a tool chest, and a dark-haired woman who looks like Raquel Welsh from the film Fantastic Voyage.  "Good evening, Batman," she says.  "What can I do for you?"

"I'm interested in the sea bat," he replies.  "Have you seen it, Ms?"

"Cora Peterson," she replies.  "You're looking at the DSV Sea Bat.  She's an Alvin-class deep submergence vehicle.  She's been down as far as 21,300 feet, which is more than any other class of DSVs and, at full speed will do 2 knots, which is 2.3 miles per hour.  Most DSVs do around 1.5 miles per hour.  Right now, my crew and I are upgrading some of her systems.  After that, I'll take her on a test dive in Gotham Harbor."

"Impressive," Batman says.

"I think so, too," Cora says.

Paladin stays silent trying to be inconspicuous about keeping Batman’s large frame between himself and the scientist. He knows that the panels built into his mask may alter the shape of his face, but being surrounded by so many people who might know his mother makes him uneasy.  He tries to remember to speak a little as possible also so that his western accent doesn’t give him away.

"Ever see any mermaids?" Batman asks.

"Every time I look into a mirror," Cora replies.  "My maternal great grandmother was a mermaid from Tritonis.  I have gills and the ability to shift into mermaid form.  Just watch," she adds as she sits in a chair in the corner and becomes a mermaid.  "Everyone on my mother's side of the family, both male and female, have this ability."  She then shifts back to her land girl form.

"Most impressive," Batman says.  "We'll leave you to your work."  He and Paladin then leave.  Outside, he says to Paladin, "Robin can become a mermaid.  Right now, she and her family are visiting friends in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia."

Paladin hesitated for a moment. He thought to himself “Huh, so that’s what nonplussed feels like.”   He spoke, Well we saw the sub and made contact with the staff.  Do you think that’ll spook somebody into acting or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

“That sounds good.”  He said, pulling up a map graphic from the computer screen on the dashboard between them.  “Now, how do you go about deciding on a pattern for patrol?”

"I just drive around," Batman says.  "Of course, since I live in the area, I know who is away and who has a lot of jewelry.  That tells me where the potential targets are.  One who is away is Jack Drake a globetrotting businessman.  He, his second wife,Dana, a physical therapist, and their daughter, Tamara Carlina “Tabby” Drake, who is Robin."