I met Duke Bushido today!

Chris Goodwin

My family and I met Duke and his family today, and they are lovely people!  We met them at the North Carolina History Museum in Raleigh, after which we had lunch together.  Sadly we couldn't have more time together.   Maybe next time we're in Raleigh!

I curtsied; that was okay, right?

:rofl:

Seriously though: yes; wonderful people, Chris and his family.  Not only that, Christopher, but I believe Chris managed to snap a photo that pairs well with Western HERO.  ;)

Almoat forgot:

As promised, we ripped op3n a set of vintage minis, only to discover that weren't nearly as white as I had thought they would be after all these years.  I have to assume that the cellophane, even with a few holes here and there, really slowd oxidation to the lead; it is not like I was particularly careful with them.

Also forgot:

As we were leaving (and Chris: I really hope you get a chance to try that Venezuelan joint because it was amazing!), K says "wow!  They were really nice people!"

To which I responded "uh...   Yeah.  I don't drive six hundred miles to meet up with jerks......"

:rofl:

Really wish we had taken the truck though; my back is killing me....

Okay, Chris--

the Go-Kart is cleaned out; laundry is done; Noisy is poring over her Apocryphal Texts....

And the video is uploading now.

For anyone else who might want to watch a sealed set of vintage miniatures being defiled, it's nearer the end of things.

There's a laundry list of "please bear in mind" before anyone choses to complain, so I'm just going to suggest reading the description first to get a context for the video itself.  It's not like we wanted to do anything but meet up.   For anyone disappointed about the continued (relative) lack of faces-- well, since most of the videos involve an ugly old man and a bunch of minors, my camera man is trained to avoid filming actual people as much as possible.  It shows here.  And finally, this one will probably have a different look, as well.  This one was filmed with a phone.  It's not bad, I don't think, but it's not the same, either.

Link going up shortly for the three or four people who care.  :lol:

(Oh, and the Leviathan isn't in it.  Wife was concerned she might have to drive, and she hates to drive the Leviathan.  This was filmed entirely on the hood of her Ford Go-Kart.)

I have to admit I was half expecting to find a box of white powder as well.  OTOH my opened box of AD&D miniatures that had been in my mom's house for many years under no protection whatsoever survived into 2017 at least.  

I was hoping to see Leviathan in person, but c'est la vie.  

Duke, I know that was a long drive; thank you, and a big thank you to your family, for being willing to make it!  My son the only child was happy to have a "little brother" to hang out with.  And I enjoyed the museum a lot more than I'd thought I would.  

Christopher and Duke, I'll post the pics in the Western Hero topic in Other Genres.  👍

Okay, that's all resolved.

If you are inclined, enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPdOi64JWk

If you are not inclined, don't enjoy.

If you are inclined to watch and complain, 

naaah...  This is the _internet_!  _NO ONE_ does that on the internet!  Right?   :rofl:

oh-- any questions, feel free to field them here or there.  If they are for Chris, I would encourage you to field them here, obviously.  ;)

Chris:

If I knew what I was doing, I'd put your smiling mug as the thumbnail.   :lol: