Sell me on HSEG

SCUBA Hero

If you’re buying it to complete your collection, than that’s reason enough.   Live it, love it, be one with it.   We understand.   “Hi, my name is Tjack, and I’m a collector.”  “Hi Tjack!”

Are you currently running a campaign?   Will you be in the near future?  If not then you don’t need it.

As a Robin Williams character once said, “You need to decide what you are and then be that.”

Are you asking if it's extremely useful--

well, that depends on you.  If you have the 5e books, well.... it's pretty much more of the same.  I mean, it's mostly the same, but a bit more of the same.  If you are looking for examples of how to build your own gadgets, it's useful for that, but again-- if you have the older book....

If you want a list of pre-made equipment that you can kind of pull "standard adventuring gear" from, it's good for that, too, but again-- if you have one already, then you have what you need for that list.

So reasons to buy:

You don't already have something just like it.

You want all of the blue books (seriously: that's the only reason I bought it)

You want to toss a bit of money to HERO Games (assuming this is where you buy it)

Its good if you are not the kind to build this stuff for yourself or don't want to bother with building a jet pack for a sci fi game, for example.  Its a time saver and standardizes equipment used in your game.  Its also a source for ideas or explanations for "how would you build this in Hero?"