Beam us up!

Enforcer84

Okay, so I have started a wish fulfillment thread in champions where the idea was to post 350 pt superpowered versions of ourselves. It didn't fly, but I will keep trying and Trying. (gotta death wish or something)

so you have 75 + 75; make yourself in your favorite space epic. What sci fi would you "partake" in and what would you do?

I'm not sure that this makes sense.

In the superheroic case, it would be possible to build a normal individual and then add superpowers to them to get them up to 350 points.

This doesn't really work in SF.

Frankly, I would work out as a roughly 0 point character. What am I supposed to spend 150 points on? If I spent them on characteristics and skills, it wouldn't be me any more!

Still, if you want to know what my "not me" wish fulfillment character would be like: well... hmm...

Something Trekish (sans transporter and replicator silly-tech)... Economy as per First Contact...

Ah yes! Someone who works in Colonial Planning and Management. He works on the team that plans new colonies, and eventually gets to manage/govern one of the colonies that gets established. He's someone who comes in after the explorers and scientific researchers have done their respective things and declared a world safe and suitable for economic exploitation.

Basically a bureaucrat with a gun, a fiefdom and a private army. :)

Alan

A scout/Survival expert. My main profession is not so much to explore a new planet but to rather lead a new group of colonists to their new colony. Then as they get started I move on to the next group that needs a guide. Sort of a 25th century Wagon Train master.

And no I did "NOT" palagarize this idea from Robert H. Heinleins Tunnel In The Sky novel....

Ok so maybe I did...:D

I'd be somebody like Seaton from The Skylark of Space and build a starship in my back yard. Unlike assault, I don't think I could make an over-the-top pulp superhero with outrageous stats, piles of skills, a dicebag of Luck, perks, and a starship for 150 points. So I'd just take my crappy stats and add science and engineering skills and a starship until I hit 150.

If I don't have to pay points for the ship, I'll buy wealth.

• 4 weeks later...

If i could be any kind of media SF character, I'd be a Renegade Time Lord. Smart as hell yet still emotional, able to go anywhere he wants, not caring that he never fits in anywhere in the cosmos -- what's NOT to love about being a Time Lord? Even having Daleks trying to EX-TER-MIN-ATE you wouldn't be so bad if you could stay one step ahead of them.

Plus you ALWAYS get the girl.

:)

"What am I supposed to spend 150 points on? If I spent them on characteristics and skills, it wouldn't be me any more!"

How about if we set it up by saying that you were walking down a country road one evening and came across an obviously injured alien (looks like he was hit by a car) who was struggling (unsuccessfully) to reach his backpack. For whatever reason, you decide to help him. You bring his pack to him, he opens it, takes out and activates a device of some sort, and is all better and now looks like a human.

He is so very greatful towards you for saving his life and his mission that he offers to take you off this dirtball (dont worry, you can come back and visit fairly easily if you like) and set you up with a year's tuition at AstroUniversity, where they have super-advanced techniques available to teach/train most anything in what seems to Earth Humans to be miraculously short period of time.

Furthermore, he tells you, once your year there is spent, his people can deposit you almost anywhere in the multiverse, which is broad beyond imagining, and contains every sort of society ever imagined by man, and more.

The game effect of one's first year at AstroUniversity is to add 150 points, spent as you please*, pretty much, to your "character".

The one rule is that they will not teach you anything that isnt consistent with the section of the multiverse you are going to afterward. (ie no genre violations!)