RIP, Robbie

Duke Bushido

Robbie Coltraine has passed today.  I always envied him a bit: it is hard to be an actor with his physical,size and not get type cast (at least, it is hard in the US).

I knew him from Nuns on the Run; my kids knew him from Harry Potter.

I dont ususally do the "a famous guy has died" threads-  it is the pilrice or living, after all, and none of us are getting out any way but the same, but he always seemed like such a vibrant person.

RIP, Hagrid.

you have been scooped a bit in the Extra, Extra thread.

I remember the comedy series Al Fresco, the rock and roll story Tutti Frutti with Emma Thompson, Cracker with Christopher Eccleston, both James Bond films, From Hell with Johnny Depp and other appearances in film and TV but not Harry Potter.

One evening, while I was still in London, I saw him near Cambridge Circus. You see people on TV but it does not prepare you for how they are in real life. He was immense, tall and broad.

4 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

I first knew him as Valentin Zukovsky from Goldeneye.

Me too. Loved the character...

Valentin Dmitrovitch Zukovsky: He wants *me* to do him a favor! My knee aches every single day! Twice as bad when it is cold. Do you have any idea how long the winter lasts in this country? Tell him, Dmitri.

Bodyguard: Well, it depends...

Valentin Dmitrovitch Zukovsky: SILENCE!