Need help in adjudicating....

Mr. R

22 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

In fairness, Champions 1e was really a big bundle of mechanics, no setting (look at a comic book, or just outside your window) and a few sample characters to set the expected power level.  It wasn't much of a game.   But that was true of many games at that time, even if they had some setting elements for fantasy or sci fi.  The "setting" and "game" was largely derived from the assumption gamers knew the source material.

This is true. D&D started off more or less as "if you've read Lord of the Rings, Conan and John Carter, you know what to do". Then there was the killer app of wandering about in an underground labyrinth.

That was pretty much all there was, or needed to be, to start with.

I started out with chainmail moved on to D & D but just before Champions was released a friend and I began to create our own system. (we felt betrayed by promises made by D & D and not kept.) When champions came out we saw that it could easily adapt to other genres and we did so. Then Justice Inc. , Fantasy hero were released and I have never gone back to D & D. At this point I will never go back. 

Thank you, but the point I was getting it is that while we know that not all,charges are recoverable, the mechanic for Recoverabke,xharges mean that they are recoverable.  The weapon's wielder either finds every arrow he fired, intact, or he suddenly gains the skill "Master fletcher,' but looses that ability as soon as he has a total of X arrows.

In short, the complexity- the perceived accuracy here- is not only wholly inaccurate, it is actively unhelpful (unless you are playing a more light-hearted, Smurfs Save Rivendell kind of game, or course).

I was attempting overall to point out that in spite of the general acceptance of the idea that the complex, hyper-accurate build is,better, it is niether always better nor always worse.

Unfortunately, until I can aggord to replace my computer, I can only access this board via phone, and it is extremely limiting.  I can see more of what I have written when composing an actual text than I can here on the boaed's editor, which makes it extremely dificult to track what has or has not been said.

19 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Unfortunately, until I can aggord to replace my computer, I can only access this board via phone, and it is extremely limiting.  I can see more of what I have written when composing an actual text than I can here on the boaed's editor, which makes it extremely dificult to track what has or has not been said.

You considered drafting as a text then cutting and pasting into the board editor?