DC COMICS

batguy

Since you want it, I hope for your sake they do. But personally, I've found both comic companies to have been rather creatively bankrupt for years, and their universes having become something of a convoluted bloated mess. Neither world entices me to role-play in it any more.

I'm happier with our Champions Universe for my supers gaming fix. :)

Given the relative performances of the Big Two at the theatres, I suspect MCU is currently a much more valued IP.

I wonder how DC Adventures did for Green Ronin. They hit a major speedbump with the "New 52" reboot rendering most of their material obsolete overnight, and published their last product in 2013, so not long after MCU really established itself with the first Avengers movie.

Edited by Hugh Neilson

The way I have seen both companies,  they have been putting must of their efforts into the film industry,  not the comics that made them.  Marvel seemed to be better mostly because they were first,  but that really means little.  In the long run,  they floundered as much as (if not more than) DC  did while DC was attempting to replicate what marvel was doing.  Now,  both are falling faster than the rock that killed the dinosaurs. 

58 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

If DC were to put out a new RPG (which, I have heard they are), they would be well served to make it a very simplified, streamlined version of their setting instead of trying to dump everything all at once on people.

whoa,where did you hear they are putting out a new RPG?

20 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

If DC were to put out a new RPG (which, I have heard they are), they would be well served to make it a very simplified, streamlined version of their setting instead of trying to dump everything all at once on people.

And since when has any company been able to make anything simple,  especially at the start? I agree,  start with the core concept and characters doing basic tasks (like modern versions of bank jobs) and let people build upon that as time passes.