The Creation of Evil Races

assault

Unfortunately, Mr. Ruggels you are so right. I have seen and done many things in my seventy years, I have come face to face with real evil and I am not to proud to admit I soiled myself. Yet though I can say I faced real evil, I do not know if it was inherent or developed. I still do not know if he was a bad seed or if the decisions and events of his life made him that way. Still in all of that, I have not met anyone that was evil because of the race they were born into. The Hamas are evil to the core, I do not think that many would dispute that, unless they had an axe of their own to grind. Their membership is recruited from those with a sense of being "done unto" then groomed into evil. I do not blame the Palestinians for the actions of the Hamas, But do hold the accountable for not ridding their lands of Hamas and it's influence.  All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

The thing is, history, academia, philosophy, theology all discuss nature vs nurture but in the end it really is both in almost all cases.  Some people are more inclined to horrors, and they are directed toward that by how they are raised or their environment.  

It cannot ONLY be nature, because that doesn't explain how evil people can twist and turn others to their side and to follow their wickedness.

It cannot ONLY be nurture or where the heck did the first bad guy come from to create the environment that makes people go bad?

Ultimately though, I only bring that up as a thought exercise, because in a game I don't care.  None of that applies.  The only purpose in a game is entertainment and story.  It doesn't matter where the bad came from, unless the entertaining scenario is about that.

Bad guys are bad because I need them to be bad for this story and everyone has fun with it.  Getting into how the orcs are mean because they were mistreated by hobbits 3000 years ago and have struggled for their homeland blah blah, no.  That's neither fun nor an interesting story.  Stick with the GAME aspects of the game, remember what we're doing here.

Edited by Christopher R Taylor