what would your character do #34

farik

The well known anti hero "Turtle" known as being invulnerable [(high defenses across the board, physical, energy, mental, power, flash..etc all with multiple hardends, and a spectrum of damage reduction on top) and a uncanny escape artist (webbing can't stop me) his big weakness is a total lack of offensive ability beyond normal human strength] is robbing a bank with the intention of giving the money to the poor (that's his MO)

The police have him surrounded and have asked you to stop him since this time he claims to have explosives planted in the wealthiest residential district in town and he is rigged with a transmitter that if interupted (by his losing consciousness) will cause the explosives to detonate. He's used the newscoverage to evacuate the area of people but the property damage would be massive. What will you do?

Use the base's radio lab to figure out the frequency of the signal. If it is a constant signal being sent then we duplicate it. Then send in the big guns to subdue him. Uncle Slam can fly him up awfully high and drop him if necessary. Terminal velocity is a pretty good equalizer.

If he's not sending a constant signal then we jam all radio signals around him and capture him by similar means.

Guest rbezold

Let's see... hardly any offensive capabilities you say? How about a martial artist (or even a police officer) putting him in a martial hold until everything is disarmed.

And give a stern lecture for good measure.

Originally posted by rbezold

Let's see... hardly any offensive capabilities you say? How about a martial artist (or even a police officer) putting him in a martial hold until everything is disarmed.

And give a stern lecture for good measure.

I was thinking of stuffing him in a trash can myself, but maybe the escape artist clause gets him out.

You know, Presense attacks do no damage... I'd scare the hell out of him.

On the other hand, stealing money from rich people to give to poor people isn't that bad an idea to Bengal. He might just stand by. (You know, every tme I answer one of these things, I dislike the character more personally. RP! What fun!)

If he can't hurt me, doesnt want to hurt normals, and (as his name implies) he isnt the fastest moving guy around... ie he isnt gonna be able to run away... the hold and bomb disposal seems pretty straightforward.

If he claimed to have a command switch in addition to the deadman (well, unconsiousman) one, though, things would be a bit stickier.

The signal jam/mimic (as applicable) is pretty good. The main thing would be to stall him... even to the point of letting him walk away (tailed, of course) until the bombs were verified as real and, if real, were rendered harmless.

• 4 weeks later...

Husky would simply let this little scheme play out asking the police to do as The Turtle asks. Husky would rather have some money stolen than risk any bystanders but he'll be hunting down the Turtle when this is over and delight in the lack of restraint he never has to use when facing this misguided fellow.

Starguard -- frowns, crosses her arms, and stares at him. His feet levitate clear of the ground and stay there.

(Contortionist does jack to get you out of Telekinetic Grabs.)

Baron von Darien -- smiles, steps out to the nearest hardware store, comes back with a can of spray paint, and does a little touch-up job on his helmet. Let's see Turtle Boy make a getaway when he can't see WTF he's going. :D

(NND Flash vs. Sight -- Defense is /removable/ eye protection, or can be instantly cancelled by paint solvent. Edit -- and "force fields". A bit crunchy, yes... but wrath of ye gods, it's normal spray praint.)

Edit -- actually, it's more like Transform -- sighted person to blind person, etc, etc. But under these circumstances it should be adjudicated as a 0-point special effect anyway.

Dr. Pain -- picks him up, walks to the nearest patch of wet cement, and shoves him down into it all the way up to his hips. As he's struggling to get out of that, he asks the local cops if they know anybody with one of this big magnetic cranes that auto junkyards use.

Marshall MacGyver shoots him with her GooGun. Its a continuous uncontrolled entangle (4 one minute charges, 2 clips). A ball of expanding, hardening, sticky foam hits the Turtle center mass, and even if he can shrug it off, he has to keep on shrugging it off every darn second.

(I got the idea for this late one night in the bathroom. I used edge shaving cream to disable a cockroach until I could find something more appropriate to send it on its way. Worked himself up quite a lather in no time. I didn't shave him.)