Britney Spears is Supergirl!

Mutant for Hire

Originally posted by assault

Presumably you haven't ever seen "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".

That's the image of Hugo Weaving I took into the Matrix.

Alan

When I saw the Matrix and LOTR I never made the connection. Last week we were looking through the listings on DirectTV and saw the one for Priscilla, Queen of the Desert staring Hugo Weaving. We paused and just had to watch it again. Here was Agent Smith the Drag Queen on stage. It really gave the Movie more comedic value.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Thread.

SMG is waaay too skinny. She was much better in the earlier episodes of Buffy. In the last season she never filled out her clothes and she just didn't look healthy.

In all silliness, how about Reese Witherspoon? She has a great smile and a great body and is blonde. :P

Tasha

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WhammeWhamme

Which, incidently, was my point. :)

Of course.

But just so you know that I'm a bit of an a**hole... what real year was the Crisis in, 18 year old? :)

Just teasing... You don't have to point out the sad & weird of a 40 year old comics fan. I know it. :)

It's OK, I actually do have a life. I just haven't felt the need to disown the interests I had when I was younger.

Alan

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by assault

Of course.

But just so you know that I'm a bit of an a**hole... what real year was the Crisis in, 18 year old? :)

Just teasing... You don't have to point out the sad & weird of a 40 year old comics fan. I know it. :)

It's OK, I actually do have a life. I just haven't felt the need to disown the interests I had when I was younger.

Alan

I have no idea when the Crisis was... since I don't read DC either before OR after, I don't consider that to be a biggie.

I got to these boards through roleplaying, not comics. :)

But y'pick up a few things, especially reading writings on comic history.

So, uh, just out of curiousity: When WAS Crisis? I think 70's, but easily, easily wrong.

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by TheEmerged

And, interestingly, the post-Crisis Superwoman is Lois Lane. The pre-Crisis Lois Lane was married to Earth 3's Lex Luthor and apparently was Diana Prince...

Okay... this is sufficently weird that I don't think I want to know, but...

WHAT!?!

Lois Lane is Superwoman? How and WHY?

(Note: not a comic reader, but what I do like is actually stuff older than I am. Actually, I can say that about most genres...)

(Note: not a comic reader, but what I do like is actually stuff older than I am. Actually, I can say that about most genres...)

Whammewhamme, thats a lot of comics, I mean..New Coke is older than you are :D

Okay, that was fun, a temporary relief from my own age and bitterness was found in tormenting the young.

Whew :)

RE: Superwoman is Lois Lane. Why? Because the author of the Earth 2 book was desperate for a way to "surprise" us about the new, post-Crisis Crime Syndicate. Yes, that was sarcasm on my part -- don't bother picking it up, except for one scene it's trite and predicatable. For the record the post-Crisis Ultraman (Superman's foil) is now an astronaut that got powers from aliens, and is not Clark Kent.

Basically, the post-Crisis Superwoman still the CS version of Wonder Woman -- but her secret identity is that of Lois Lane. All on the Crime Syndicate version of Earth, mind. The Lois Lane that Superman (Clark Kent) married is still unpowered -- although I heard something about a Kryptonian battlesuit she keeps in the closet now I can't personally confirm that.

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by lemming

Death of Supergirl was in 1985. That was issue #7. So it may of even started in 1984.

My thanks...

Wow. Despite not being alive when Crisis happened, I still like pre-Crisis more than post-Crisis.

Weird little Whamme...

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Hermit

Whammewhamme, thats a lot of comics, I mean..New Coke is older than you are :D

Okay, that was fun, a temporary relief from my own age and bitterness was found in tormenting the young.

Whew :)

Yeah, well.

:mad:

Itsokay.

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by TheEmerged

RE: Superwoman is Lois Lane. Why? Because the author of the Earth 2 book was desperate for a way to "surprise" us about the new, post-Crisis Crime Syndicate. Yes, that was sarcasm on my part -- don't bother picking it up, except for one scene it's trite and predicatable. For the record the post-Crisis Ultraman (Superman's foil) is now an astronaut that got powers from aliens, and is not Clark Kent.

Basically, the post-Crisis Superwoman still the CS version of Wonder Woman -- but her secret identity is that of Lois Lane. All on the Crime Syndicate version of Earth, mind. The Lois Lane that Superman (Clark Kent) married is still unpowered -- although I heard something about a Kryptonian battlesuit she keeps in the closet now I can't personally confirm that.

Right. I can live with that, really. Evil WonderWoman's secret ID is Lois Lane isn't that bad...

(shudders)

I think a revamp of the Superman history is well overdue AGAIN, then.

Okay... this is sufficently weird that I don't think I want to know, but...

WHAT!?!

Lois Lane is Superwoman? How and WHY?

Okay, simply put we are talking about an alternate Universe to the main universe, in this world the good guys are bad guys, and Lex Luther is the only Super Hero.

ALOT of things are different, and this is just one of many

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Mutant for Hire

The question is, will they have a kiss between Supergirl and Wonder Woman to boost sales? :D

I hate to correct grammatical mistakes, but you left out a "when" from that sentence.

(I'm turning into an old curmudgeon before my time...)]

(shudders)