Statistical Help?

SCUBA Hero

The spreadsheet I sent out only handles up to 24d6 at the moment. What you need to do if you want 30d6, is to copy the last column on the Probabilities sheet for 6 more columns, and then make the appropriate adjustments to the vlookups on the Summary page.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I copied the columns over on one sheet, but forgot to do it on the other. :o

Thanks guys! :)

I have a more advanced version on my computer that calculates average net stun through defenses and chance of Con Stunning opponents for both Normal and Killing Attacks up to 24d6. If Ben wants, I can send him the spreadsheet. It's pretty big though, 6.3 Megs or 954 KB zipped.

Originally posted by Gary

Thanks guys! :)

I have a more advanced version on my computer that calculates average net stun through defenses and chance of Con Stunning opponents for both Normal and Killing Attacks up to 24d6. If Ben wants, I can send him the spreadsheet. It's pretty big though, 6.3 Megs or 954 KB zipped.

Now that's not even funny ;) First thing I did when I downloaded you sheet was to add three figures: Chance of Doing STUN (Based on Opponent's Applicable Defenses), Chance of STUNNING said opponent based on his CON, and chance of knocking him out with one shot (based on his current level of STUN).

This is fun. Especially when someone else did all the hard work ;)

Originally posted by Blue

Now that's not even funny ;) First thing I did when I downloaded you sheet was to add three figures: Chance of Doing STUN (Based on Opponent's Applicable Defenses), Chance of STUNNING said opponent based on his CON, and chance of knocking him out with one shot (based on his current level of STUN).

This is fun. Especially when someone else did all the hard work ;)

How big is your spreadsheet? Doing the work to add in the net stun numbers and probability of Con Stunning the target for Killing Attacks really bloated the size of my spreadsheet. :)

I didn't add all that much. That's like 3 more lines.

You type in the foe's DEF, CON and Current STUN.

But I did also add a line that gave you the true average (using 3.5 per die) and the High average (using 4 per die), like I tend to do when deciding how much damage an attack should do.

Sheet went up to 421k, but zipped it's 107k (too big to post). So you can grab it here, if yer curious...

http://home.earthlink.net/~webstudio/docs/d6%20prob.zip

Originally posted by Blue

I didn't add all that much. That's like 3 more lines.

You type in the foe's DEF, CON and Current STUN.

But I did also add a line that gave you the true average (using 3.5 per die) and the High average (using 4 per die), like I tend to do when deciding how much damage an attack should do.

Sheet went up to 421k, but zipped it's 107k (too big to post). So you can grab it here, if yer curious...

http://home.earthlink.net/~webstudio/docs/d6%20prob.zip

Ah, you didn't modify yours for killing attacks. My mistake. :)