RKA-Does No STUN?

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: RKA-Does No STUN?

Originally posted by Dr. MID-Nite

Hey all,

What would you guys give for this disadvantage(which I'm applying to a laser sword concept)? It slices real good, but it generall cauterizes the wound almost immediately, so looking at no STUN damage here. Thoughts?

Rob

I would say at least -1/2.

I don't know that there's a one size that fits all limitation that fits the does no stun disad.

I mean, it's a pretty big limitation if you're putting it on a 2d6 RKA no range in a heroic game. It isn't much of a limitation if you put it on a 12d6 RKA in the same context. (who cares if you're con stunned if you're dead?)

$0.02

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

Each level of Decreased STUN Multiple is a -1/4 Limitation. You can apply it up to four times, for a minimum STUNx of 1. Hence, a -1 Limitation (H5E, page 124)

The rules errata limits this to -1/2. -3/4 is the proper limitation if no stun is done.

Originally posted by lemming

Gary, could you provide the link? I can't seem to find it.

It's actually in the FAQ. I was the one who originally asked the question. :)

Q: Given that “Power Does No STUN†is listed on 5E 195 as a -3/4 Limitation, should the Decreased STUN Modifier Limitation listed for Killing Attacks be capped at -1/2?

A: Yes.