A few days ago

Richard Logue

I saw someone's post of a Power build that I cannot find now. And of course now is when I need it. To sum up, all the Power does is knock people over. It had Double Knock Back as an Advantage. It some kind of attack Power but it did no real damage. It was written up to represent concussion grenades? My mind is failing me...

Can anyone help out here? Who was that masked Power?

I don't know which post you are looking for sorry.

There are a lot of ways to do what you describe though. The cheapest (and probably most abusive is) Dispel vs. Knockback Resistance, Does Knockback (+1/4). That costs 3.75 points per 1d6. Add Double Knockback (+3/4) and now it costs 6 point per die of double knockback. The Dispel does no damage but it will send people sailing.

Its not where I saw it, but I believe its the Power structure I was thinking of.

Flash 8d6 (Touch Group), Does Knockback (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2), Double Knockback 2x KB (+3/4) (60 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), Beam (-1/4)

Being a touch group Flash is odd to me, and I'm not sure why. It Flashes your ability to feel and handle things. So you go numb, I guess?

What if I simply want to knock people down without harming them? Would I build it as Telekinesis (only to move objects to a "prone" position)?

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

There's a common and venerable Limitation for Energy Blast, "Only Does Knockback" (-1). Particularly effective in conjunction with an increased Knockback Advantage.

LoL... An elegant solution, but not exactly what I want. :)

I just want people to fall down where they're standing, not go flying off in different directions. The earth rumbles, and they all fall down.

I'm currently noodling with a brick, and one of his brick-like powers is this:

Shake the Earth: EB 4d6, Explosion w/ double range, Double knockback, No range, Knockback only (which is -3/4, IIRC), only effects targets on ground. He winds up and punches the ground. Don't try this one upstairs.

That produces an average of 8"KB/ strike, which doesn't sound like much. It has a long range, and since no to hit roll is required, it haymaker's nicely up to an average 16"KB, which isn't too shabby.

If you aren't a brick who's going to buy KB Resistance, you should consider personal immunity.

bricks tricks

Shake the Earth: EB 4d6, Explosion w/ double range, Double knockback, No range, Knockback only (which is -3/4, IIRC), only effects targets on ground. He winds up and punches the ground. Don't try this one upstairs.

Nice build, good addition for a bricks tricks MP.