Well, I said I'd do it... (Champions Minis)

proditor

Now if I could just learn how to take a silly picture, we'd be set. I'm really annoyed at my lack of photography skills as all the nice subtle muscle definition rendered in dark grey on Nighthawk is just invisible. C'est la vei, next time I guess I should let the missus take the pictures. :)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/Champions.htm

Thanks Blue, I'm really disappointed in the pictures though. I'm going to let the missus take a shot at them since she actually knows something about photography and I'm a moron. :)

Hey Steve? Is it okay to post the side art for comparison purposes? I kinda forgot to ask before I did it and it's easy as pie to take the pics out.

Outsatnding Proditor, I can't decide which I prefer. You mentioned it before at HCRealms but just how long did those nodules on the shoulders and head take you to do?

You were right about the Daredevil pose, it looks great. If any of the Champions, or their ancestors, are around in Galactic Champions maybe you can do veteran or LE editions.:D

I like to paint miniatures also, but have a hard time photographing them. Re the grays, try running the pictures through a photo editting software and play with Contrast/Bright or Saturation if Auto Equalize doesnt help.

I think alot of the problem would be solved with a light source focused on his shady areas more but in any case these are nice.

Which techniques do you use?

Oh, as a last resort you can try putting the miniature directly on the glass of a scanner and scan it.

And I was so excited about the new pics...

Steve: Thanks a lot for the praise and the permission. :) Assuming my eyesight holds out, I should have the other three Champs in short(ish) order.

Everyone: Thanks for the kind words, I live on affirmation. ;) I am pretty proud of how they turned out overall.

Mayday: Awesome advice! New pics and Photoshop filter levels finally did the trick, so a huge thanks on that!

Redmenace: How long to make the bumps? Days. KIDDING! I had to do them twice as the first version looked awful. The second was about 90 minutes or so of work. Take an almost insivibly small blob of putty. Push on to fig, shape with a toothpick untl it looks like a long ridge, repeat until you have them all. It's not that bad since it's repetitive work.

proditor,

I think that your ability/talent is obvious, I also find myself envious of your gaming group that they have someone of your ability available to craft such creations for them.

Keep up the excellent work, I look forward to seeing your take on the rest of the Champions.