Is the Stargate, from Stargate SG-1, possible in the CU?

Mark Rand

Is the stargate, from Stargate SG-1 possible in the CU?

If so, the following questions must be asked. (Please assume its the current season when you reply.)

Where is it?

Does the general public know it exists?

What kind of defenses from metahuman attack does it have?

sure....as GM you have final say as to whats possible.

so lets think this trough..persiads exist and several heroes are from there (ok, at least one is...) several species have tried to invade over the years (xenophores, hzeel,etc...), all of whome are from Terran Empire, who else is from TE?...the malvans, advanced tech that current generations cant fix..a gate could be from them, or the species that left the galaxy...no explanation..just gone..the mandaarians maybe?...or the gate are even older. from a unknown ancients?

as to where it is...up to you, like the seires, it could be under government control, if found by an oil company? or researchers? extremists? what if it where in the hands of a 'rogue nation', if discovered on their territory, it could be 'nationalized' (seized by he power that be....)

as for write ups, defs, etc....don't bother, use it as a plot device it would be to valuable to destroy, and as in the series, it would take ALOT to destroy one....the superconductive metal its made of channels energy to fast....

Uh yeah, haven't you (Mark Rand) asked this question multiple times? e.g can you put the SG universe in, can you add the Star Gate ideas? Ok, we have batman and the stargate in the same universe what happens etc etc etc etc etc?

what are you looking for?

Originally posted by Rage

Uh yeah, haven't you (Mark Rand) asked this question multiple times? e.g can you put the SG universe in, can you add the Star Gate ideas? Ok, we have batman and the stargate in the same universe what happens etc etc etc etc etc?

what are you looking for?

Well Rage, isn't it obvious?

He is looking for:

Stargate Hero!

The first Hero product to use a popular license.

Either he wants to write it, or he wants someone else to.

:D

KA.

Actually, I'm trying to see if the Stargate SG-1 universe, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Asgard, and all can be used in the fifth edition Champions Universe.

If it can, the gate is under military control.

Does the general public know about its existance? If they do, what are the reactions of the general public, academic community, news media and various governments?

What protection, besides the military, does the complex have against a metahuman attack?

I see possibilities here. SGC is located in or near the campaign city. Agents from any number of military/spy shows could arrive to create or investigate problems. Of course, the heroes get stuck in the middle of it.

Basic list of powers

Absorption

The gate can convert any form of ambient energy into power but it take a great deal to give it the juice to cross inter stellar distance a lightning strike will do it.

Great big endurance battery only restored by the absorption

The off earth gates have a restore in the form of a bulky immobile OAF which can be damaged.

Then its a mega scale teleport something like 6 inches mega scaled up to 10 000 light years that would let you get anywhere in the galaxy but not out of it area effect extra weight quite a bit of that because you can fly a plane through it or a train for that matter

I'm not sure how to handle the iris an extremely large RKA linked to the teleport and a force wall perhaps.

Power limitation will not work if the gate is buried probably not worth any points

Originally posted by grymlocke

or the species that left the galaxy...no explanation..just gone..the mandaarians maybe?...or the gate are even older. from a unknown ancients?

I like this idea. In the future the Mandarrians vanish but they visited Earth in 1973, 79, 84, 91, and 99. Part of their reason for the visit could be to check on the Stargate, which the US Government learned about by accident during their 1999 visit. So now the Government has access to the Stargate but is unsure exactly how to use it. They have been sending tentative teams through the gate to learn more. The Government is mostly hoping to use it to learn about, and then stem the tide of, any future alien invasion forces. After all, it has been 20 years since a major alien invasion and it might be time for another. The Government wants to be prepared.

Lets start with the basics

SG1 is based on a Agent level whilst some of the equipment is a bit higher level nothing much could stand up to a super human except maybe one of the gaud mother ships with shields up.

If the gate network did exist in the champions universe it would no doubt be controlled by the government kept secret and held in a something like a hulk buster base with an agent level support team and possibly power Armour troopers and the bases own super team to deal with alien super powered attacks. Of course just like the TV show gate they would be secretly recruiting academics with specialties related to things that come out of the gate linguist archeologists anthropologist xeno-biologists etc.

Might as well add a few bits seeing as I accidentally double posted.

First off

The jaffa makes an interesting agent with the blaster staffs resistant Armour and regeneration/life support offered by the symbiote.

I'm not sure how to handle goa'uld possibly a multiform change only with suitable host revert on death of host body.

Main weapon is a telekinetic push with double knock back combined with a telekinetic choke NND (defense is not having to breath) HKA

I'm not sure how to handle the zat gun excessive with the extra stun on the first hit with body after that and eventual disintegration.

Guest Major Tom

Re: Is the Stargate, from Stargate SG-1, possible in the CU?

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Is the stargate, from Stargate SG-1 possible in the CU?

If so, the following questions must be asked. (Please assume its the current season when you reply.)

Where is it?

Does the general public know it exists?

What kind of defenses from metahuman attack does it have?

I tried to answer these questions last night when I first saw this

topic, but just as I was about to submit the post, the Infernal

Machine saw fit to boot me off the 'Net, and by the time I was

able to get back to this site, everything I'd put down had been

erased somehow. So I'm going to give it another shot.

1.) As shown in the series, the Stargate is housed within the

Cheyenne Mountain Complex in Colorado. Talk about your

busy places -- first it's the home of the W.O.P.R. in the

movie WarGames, then it's where the Government

decides to house the Stargate, and at least in some alter-

nate futures, it's either a refuge for young plague survivors

(Jeremaiah) or the primary command center of the

Skynet computer system (Terminator III; as mentioned

in the novelization).

2.) My answer to this one would have to be "no". Although there

have been at least two seperate occasions where members of

the news media have tumbled to the existsence of the Star-

gate, everything I've seen since those particular episodes

suggests that the Government has managed to maintain the

secrecy of the Stargate project.

3.) The only defenses for the Stargate that you ever see in the

series are armed sentries outside the Complex, and more

armed sentries within, not to mention heavy weapons at

the foot of the departure/arrival ramp aimed right at the

Stargate. And let's not forget the titanium iris that blocks

unwanted travellers from emerging on our side of the Star-

gate.

Now, in the Champions Universe, where superhumans are a

fact of everyday life -- and superpowered megalomaniacs do

their dead-level best to get their hands on anything that

they think will aid them in their schemes of world conquest --

then the Stargate Complex will most likely have a somewhat

more advanced and powerful defense system in place.

Something like the defense shields used by the Asgard are

a possibility (considering that the Asgard gave that particular

technology to Stargate Command for installation on the

Prometheus, this isn't that much of a stretch of the

imagination).

Hope this is of some use to you.

Major Tom :cool:

Since the old gods do exits, in alternate dimensions, in the CU, I'm assuming the SGC keeps a discrete eye on anyone who claims to be a god or have been given powers by them.

Now, for the SGC's own metahuman team.

Victory, from Champions Universe, would be a good choise. Being an air force officer who can travel FTL, she might've been briefed on the SGC.

The book Fantastic Frontiers: Stargate Season One for Alderac Entertainment Groups Stargate SG-1 RPG mentions that the Asgard train chosen women as Valkyries, their special forces, and assign some to planets covered by the Protected Planets Treaty. (Earth is one such planet.) One could be assigned to the SGC. She might've even been chosen from the women assigned to SG teams.

The above-mentioned book also mentions that the usual weapon the Valkyries employ is the shock spear. I'm writing it up as 10D6 RKA, OAF spear, NND (defense is not having naquadah in the blood).

Three minor changes to the SGC continuity.

1) Samantha is still Jolinar's host and acts as the Tok'ra's liaison with the SGC.

2) spoiler alert!!! Janet is still alive.

3) spoiler alert!!! Kinset isn't the Vice President. He's just a crooked senator.

Zat Guns are an interesting one. Stargate in HU seems to me like a very high offense, low defense setting. The attacks seem very powerful, the defenses low with the exception of gu'auld force fields.

So I see a Zat as:

112 225 point multipower, OAF Zat Gun

11 15d6 NND Does BOD, defense is force fields/walls, lack of normal bioelecric fields (skarra was effected when he was a host, but the gu'auld generally have their fields up), BOD damage counts only if target struck before recovering from first hit (-0)

11 15d6 transform: corpse killed by slot 1 to air

The first slot averages 52.5 STUN, enough to stun any normal human, and likely KO him, though possibly only to 0 to -9 on a poor roll and/or high STUN target. Some characters, like jaffa, seem to drop out if hit. Others sometimes struggle and have their eyes open, so 0 to -9. If it hits again before the target recovers, he takes an average of 30 BOD from the two shots in total, again enough to kill most normal humans, but takes no BOD if only hit once.

You could add more dice (or more dice that do no STUN) to normally kill a higher BOD target. You could als apply standard effect to both STUn and BOD, or BOD only, to achieve greater consistency.

The second shot averages 52.5 Transform - body gone.

I'd also handwave the fact that the MP automatically selects the appropriate slot.

Expensive? You bet. One shot KO, 2 shot kill, should be expensive.

Originally posted by Major Tom

Just how many ninja nurses are there in your campaign, anyway?!

Major Tom :eek:

Don't know.

As far as the SGC knows, the ninja's just a highly-skilled 5-foot 3-inch Japanese-American nurse, with short, black hair and sparkling eyes, who was a gymnast, has had some martial arts training, and likes to carry a sword that, she claims, has been in the family for centuries.

I'm assuming the team wears BDUs instead of individual uniforms while on a mission.

Now, how do they meet the local heroes? Here's my idea. The SGC hears, from Jacob Carter/Selmac, that a moderate-level goa'uld is headed for Earth in a cloaked ship. By the time they close in on him, the police have notified both PRIMUS and the local superhero team.