Bike Fu

Sketchpad

This had come up in discussion with my group ... figured I'd post it here for some critique ... whatcha think?

Bike Fu

Bike Fu is the art of melee combat while riding a motorcycle. A staple in Hong Kong cinema and anime, the bike fu master is able to use his motorcycle as an extension of his own body, allowing him to use various maneuvers to perform remarkable combat maneuvers. Characters may also use this style with blunt weapons or a sword (such as a katana).

-----------------

Bike Fu

Used with motorcycle; Vehicular Weapon Element is free

Maneuver Ph Pt OCVDCV Damage/Effect

Lancing ½ 4 +1 -1 STR + v/5; Target Falls

Swerve ½ 3 +0 +3 Dodge, Abort

Roundhouse Wheel ½ 4 -2 -2 STR + v/3; You Fall; Target

Falls; Full Move

Dust Revving ½ 3 +1 +1 1†Darkness (Normal Sight)

Wheel Burn ½ 7 -2 -2 1d6 HKA (4 DC); Target Falls

Pin ½ 3 -1 -1 Grab two limbs; +10 STR to

hold

-----------------

Skills

Breakfall

Combat Driving

KS: Bike Fu

PSL vs. Motorcycle Combat

TF: Two-Wheeled Motorized Vehicles

Elements

Weapons +1 Use Art with Swords

+1 Use Art with Blunt Objects

----------------

Bike Fu Notes

Optional Rules: Any of the Bike Fu maneuvers require a combat driving roll with the modifiers equal to the maneuver’s OCV modifier.

edited to reflect PSLs

I might add penalty skill levels for Combat driving (offsets modifiers for fighting while driving).

This way, a character could, say, stand up on the bike and fight while steering with his foot, ala luke skywalker in return of the jedi or Zorro in the mask of zorro.

veeery cinematic

Guest innominatus
Originally posted by pinecone

Ypu might also want to throw in some PSL with all actions taken while riding for true Zen-bike mastery...this is a cool idea. That never occured to me (before Now!)

Hey, Pinecone -- you need to fix your signature line, man; it was "The Great Strobe", not "The Mighty Strobe". And I oughta know (check MY signature line)....

Originally posted by innominatus

Hey, Pinecone -- you need to fix your signature line, man; it was "The Great Strobe", not "The Mighty Strobe". And I oughta know (check MY signature line)....

Opps I've only seen it once...I coulda sworn he was mighty and not just great...now I need to remember how to change the tag line....this high jacking brought to you by Foxbatsmasterplan.com By the way The specials is one of the finest movies ever...(maybe)....

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bike Fu

So which manuver is the one you use when you come up to someone doing s stoppie and then suddenly do a 180, hitting the target with the back wheel before it comes down and you scream off back the way you came?

Doc

The Roundhouse Wheel from the first post would do it. Though you don't actually fall, the act of knocking somone with your rear wheel will likely throw you off balance, and take you a 1/2 phase to restabalize.

Alternately, you can buy it with FMove and +v/5 and without the You Fall.