My 1st Character (Opinions Wanted)

Corven_Ren

This is the 1st Champions character I ever played over 10 years ago.

I recently converted him to 5th edition using the demo version of Hero Designer and want peoples opinions especially about his origin. The only thing I have altered at all is one of his hunteds to reflect changes in the Champions Universe since I last played and I will give the reason for this after the charcter's origin. So fellow gamers I present:::: DUM DA DUM DUM:::::

Reptyle

Characteristics

Val/Stat/Base/Pts

50 STR 10 40

30 DEX 10 60

20 CON 10 20

20 BOD 10 20

15 INT 10 5

15 EGO 10 10

20 PRE 10 10

20 COM 10 5

30 PD 10 20

30 ED 4 26

6 SPD 4 20

20 REC 14 12

60 END 40 10

55 STN 55 0

Characteristic Total: 258

Pts Skills/Talents/Perks

5 Well Off

2 Passport(One for both ID)

2 Pilots' License (One for each ID)

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Combat Piloting 15-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 High Society 13-

4 Language: French (Completely Fluent,literate)

0 Language: English (Completely Fluent,literate, native tongue)

4 TF: Helicoptors, Small & Large Planes, Combat Aircraft

40: Total Cost Skills/Talents/Perks

Martial Art: Savate

Pts Move

5 Back Kick (Def Strike) 12D6, +1OCV/+3DCV

4 Low Kick (Mart Strike) 14D6, 0 OCV/+2 DCV

5 Side Kick (Off Strike) 16D6 -2OCV/+1 DCV

4 Block (Mart Block) Abort +2 OCV/ +2 DCV

4 Disarm (Mart Disarm) -1OCV/ +1 DCV

8 2 DC Levels with Savate

30: Total Martial Art Cost

Pts Powers

14 Lizard Digits: Clinging 70 STR (17 Active pts) Does Not work on

glass/smooth metals (-1/4)

30 Reptilian Hide: Damage Resistance 30 PD/ 30 ED (30 Active PTS)

25 Reptilian Regeneration: Healing 3 Body, Can Heal Limbs, 0 END

(+1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Extra Time Regen 1/Turn Post Seg 12

(-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

10 Reptilian Life: Life Support: Extended Breathin 1 END/20 min

Immunity to Zootoxins, Longevity 200 years

18 Alligator Tail: Swimming 18" (20"Total) O END (+1/2), OIF Tail (-1/2)

Note: If rendered Unconcious his tail could be cut off and he

would lose this power til it grew back.

0 Image Resonator: Shapeshift Vs Sight group (IIF Wrist Watch)

Note this was a GM freebie to help him live a normal life and is

explained in his origin

97 Total Power Cost

Total Charcter Cost: 428 (200 Base + 175 Disad + 53 XP pts)

Pts Disadvantages

10 Dependance: Water, 3D6 DMG,(Very Common, 6 hours)

10 Distinctive Feature: Cajun Accent, Concealable, noticed

and recognized, common senses.

10 Distinctive Feature: Green Skin & Tail, Concelable, Noticed

and recognized, common senses

15 Hunted by Eurostar 8- (Mo Pow, Harshley Punish)

25 Hunted by Viper 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshley Punish)

15 Psych Lim: Code VS Killing (Uncommon, Total)

10 Psych Lim: Shameless Flirt (Common, Moderate)

15 Psych Lim: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Reputation: Hero 11-

15 Soc Lim: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

20 Vulnerability: 2x Stun and Nody from Cold Attacks (Uncommon)

20 Enraged: When attacked with cold (uncommon) go 14-, rec 11-

175 Pts Disadvantage Total

HGT: 6'2" WGT: 255 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Blue

Appearance/ Personality: Andre is a very handsome man despite his having green skin and a 4 1/2' long tail. He considers himself quite the ladies man and will flirt with women even in the heat of combat.

Origin: Andre Philipe LeBeau was born in the French quarter of New Orleans. His father was a freelance pilot and formal comercial and military pilot and by the time he was 14 Andre had his pilots license. Andre went into the Airforce as an officer after graduation, due to his being in his High Schools JROTC program and after only 6 months in the military he could fly any vehicle they had from an F-16 to and Apache helicopter. After his military pilot training Andre spent 4 years in France and during that time he learned Savate. After his military time was up he returned to Louisiana and worked for his father's charter service. Unforunatly after only 2 months of flying for his father his life forever changed. Returning from a charter flight to Florida, Andre's plane suffered engine problems and crashed into the swamps of Louisiana. He survived but was knocked unconcious. When he awoke he found himself strapped to an operating table looking up at the armored visage of Proffesor Muerte. Muerte told Andre was his latest experiment and that he had injected the young man with a mutating formula containing various forms of reptile DNA. Over the next several hours Andre's body underwent the transformation, all the while Muerte gloated that he now had a new member for Terror Inc. After the transformation was complete Andre was taking away by 2 of Muerte's agents unfortunatly for the 2 men Andre;s new powers allowed him to overpower them and he managed to escape by swimming away through the swamp.After several days of ducking and hiding he reached his fathers airfield grabbed a plane and took off to seek the aid of the Champions. When he arrived he found the Champions in a heated battle with several Viper agents. Andre aided the Champions and upon undergoing several tests he found that his condition was irreversable. Defender supplied Andre with a small image projector so he could attempt to lead a normal life outside his heroic identity.

Note: Reptyle was originally Hunted by Terror Inc and not Eurostar...but due to the newest developments in the CU, namely the death of Prof Muerte I changed his hunted to Eurostar which to my understanding now has Scopia and Fuer as members. I feel that due to the long rivalry with Reptyle, those to could convince the leader of Eurostar to try to take him out.

I will hopefully provide an image for him soon.

Seems pretty solid to me. The origin made pefect comic sense and the Green lothario quality pleasantly reminded of Marvel's Beast after he became blue and fuzzy.

My only thought as to something you might want to discuss with your GM is the Hunted by Eurostar. They are one tough group of bad guys, there are many of them with many power sets and they kill. Even on a 8- that could be bad for your chr. Also, and this might just be me, but considering hiis vulnerability to cold I almost expect a main hunted with cold powers.

Did you find an online game?

I would have two suggestions, YMMV.

I'd suggest making the tail Restrainable, instead of OIF. Would you allow a speedster with regeneration to buy his running through OIF:Legs with the rationale they could be cut off and grow back later?

If the game you're in does not have Prof. Muerte / Terror Inc around, I'd suggest changing the origin to make it King Cobra who mutates him instead, trying out an unstable variation of the coil gene.

Guest Hunter1

If the OIF tail was mechanical, then I have no problem with it being taken away sometimes. However, since it is a natural part of the character's body, then I wouldn't use the OIF, since it isn't a focus.

Why is the Image Resonator worth 0 points? Unless you have some house rule where 0 point powers are allowed, then the minimum is still 1 point.

The 0 cost image resonator was a GM freebie, and I do see your point about the tail being a focus. As far as being hunted by Eurostar its all I could come up with as a replacement. I am currently without any books or a campaign for that matter. I have not actually played Champions in close to 7 years. I am actually without any form of role-playing outlet other than playing the few rpg games I have for my Playstation. The new hunted was based on what I have found out about the changes to the CU through the boards. Maybe I will just drop the hunted and pick a new Disadvantage to compensate for the points. As for a little background on the campaing I played him in.. the Terror Inc was one of the GM's favorite groups to use and he loved playing Muerte. Muerte would typically say something like this to Reptyle "You need to come back to your family son."

Red Menace: My GM who ran Terror Inc against me and the other players in my group did have a cold user as a member that he had made up I believe he called him Snow Blind. And no I never found an online game.

Re: Hunted

Originally posted by NetNemesis316

Actually given the reptilian nature of your character I would suggest Viper. Especially because the new Viper does alot more experimentation as well as having King Cobra and Coil as a possibility. Just a suggestion from the sidelines.

He is already Hunted by Viper and has been since his creation. Eurostar was a replcement for Terror Inc because of Scorpia and Fuer. But I am begining to agree with everyone else that maybe I should change that one.

One thing that sticks out for me is, a ton of his points are in characteristic and martial arts. This wouldn't be a problem for me is he had a lower strength. The "Speed-brick" or "Martial-brick" characters are overly cost-effective in many combat situations. If he were for my game, I'd make you drop the strength to at least 35, or lower if you were not also willing to drop some of the other characteristics. A rule of thumb I have (although not a strict official house rule) is that a character should not have characteristics totalling more than 60% of his total cost, not counting those characteristics bought as powers.

Although he may not fit your conception perfectly, it's well within reason and believability to slice off some of those characteristics- there are plenty of super-powered fist-fighters in comics that are not classic martial artists, such as Spider-Man, Gambit, Beast and Wolverine. I would suggest to you to look to a source closer to these for further inspiration.

Of course, the caveat is, this is already an established character, so most of this critique is moot. Please think a little on this though.

Originally posted by Bengal

If he were for my game, I'd make you drop the strength to at least 35, or lower if you were not also willing to drop some of the other characteristics.

Actutually Bengal his Str was lower to begin with it was a 30 but I have slowly had him get stronger over time as he continued to mutate a little more. This is has happened with other characters in the comics mainly with the Thing. As his rock form changed over the years he slowly got stronger. So why could not reptyle grow stronger over time Think about it he was injected with every type of reptile DNA in the world including some extinct reptiles dont you think he could get stronger along the way. He also did not have the 2 DC levels to start and his Damage Resistance was not as high. I didnt buy his extra 20 points of STR all in one lump sum I slowly raised it 5 points at a time as I played the character. I would add points to STR then next time I would spend xp on damage resistance or a dc in Savate. Just a little fyi here Banegal is all but I do appreciate the input.