Join Team Freedom!

nexus

Re: Join Team Freedom!

I prefer past tense/third person. IE:American Eage walked over the commanders desked and leaned forward, fixing the man with his most peircing stare.

Game mechanics would be set apart from the main text

[Mechanics]:Pre Attack at 4d6 plus any bonuses

Also player shouldn't generally post the results of actions (except for simple ones, like walking over there in the first place).

Agreed. Wholeheartedly, even. I hate game mechanics embedded within the narrative.

Flashing her a smile [16 COM], he asked, "Read any good books lately? [Conversation 12-] Me, I enjoy the works of Pablo Neruda. [KS: Literature 12-] Here, let me buy you a drink." [Trading 11-, Seduction 11-, 2 Overall Levels to Seduction]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll think about it. My concern with joining any campaign (even a PBEM one) is typically my timely participation; If i don't think I'm going to be able to hang in there then I don't start.

At the moment the only generated character I have in this vein is primarily water-based and therefore limited (Unless there was tons of oceanic combat), and the back story makes too many presumptions about the campaign world.

But if an idea strikes me soon, you never know.

Austrailia was a bastion of power led by a relatively cut of division of the US army. The greatest and most revered man in Austrailia is General Patton.

Very unlikely.

In the real world, Australia only had about 7 million people during WWII. It had a massive influx of migrants after the war. Presumably this wouldn't have happened if the war had continued.

Also, it's unlikely that any US commander would be "the greatest and most revered man in Australia".

A "relatively cut off division of the US army" would have been just another division fighting alongside a larger force of Australian, New Zealand, Dutch, British, Papua New Guinean and Fijian troops. In other words, nothing special.

You could consider the possiblity that Australia might have elected a Communist Party government. The CP was at its peak during WWII. Without the Cold War it may well have eclipsed the Labor Party as the "left" party of Australian "mainstream" politics.

This has the benefit of potentially causing more peoples' heads to explode than merely promoting Patton to "the greatest and most revered man in Australia". :)

I actually started designing a character for this game, but I don't really have the time to play. Bummer.

Very unlikely.

In the real world, Australia only had about 7 million people during WWII. It had a massive influx of migrants after the war. Presumably this wouldn't have happened if the war had continued.

Also, it's unlikely that any US commander would be "the greatest and most revered man in Australia".

A "relatively cut off division of the US army" would have been just another division fighting alongside a larger force of Australian, New Zealand, Dutch, British, Papua New Guinean and Fijian troops. In other words, nothing special.

You could consider the possiblity that Australia might have elected a Communist Party government. The CP was at its peak during WWII. Without the Cold War it may well have eclipsed the Labor Party as the "left" party of Australian "mainstream" politics.

This has the benefit of potentially causing more peoples' heads to explode than merely promoting Patton to "the greatest and most revered man in Australia". :)

I actually started designing a character for this game, but I don't really have the time to play. Bummer.

My reason for suggesting this was that the Army led by Patton was trapped on the Continent by really powerful Axis forces. This lead to more action being seen here than in the Pacific Theater. Patton and his Brigade/Company/Division or whatever formed a nucleus around which a successful counteroffensive could occur. Given the drawn out nature of the war a likely result would be Patton becoming a foreign born hero like Lafayette. The end result would be a more American and less GB influence on the continent and Patton could be veiwed more like our George Washington.

Anyway that was just one of the "nuggets" that was sparked by reading just the opening paragraph in nexus's call for players. It is his world so I am very much certain I am wrong on this and that nothing of the sort occurred. It was just a fun exercise.

Hawksmoor

I think this was asked before but I will go ahead.

In the Silver and Golden Age Magic or Unexplained power origins were quite common, at least in the DCU.

I wanted to know if an Angelic gestalt with magical or magitech powers was acceptable in the proposed genre.

I lean towards the magitech mostly because I want him to hold a weapon. MP with Flaming Sword, Staff, Sheild, Holy Bolt thrower settings(slots) and would like to add a slightly different direction/flavor to the campaign ala Dr. Fate or Dr. Occult.

If that is unacceptable to the milleu how are battlesuit/OIF armors envisoned in your game? Would the concept altered to fit symbolicly (Angel) but from a solely high tech end work better?

Hawksmoor

Here is my first draft. Alas I cannot download the full version of Hero Designer. I live overseas and have an APO address, the online store does not support APO/FPO. I built him using the demo and my ole BBB. Please update foolish mistakes or scream "No! Gods No!" at me if you want. I am still waiting for FRed to come in the mail.

Champions Character Record Sheet

The Crimson Seraph

Hero Norm Char Base Cost Points Points adj cost Total Points

40 15 STR 10 1 5 25 20 25

27 14 DEX 10 3 12 39 31 43

28 13 CON 10 2 6 30 24 30

18 12 BODY 10 2 4 12 10 14

18 18 INT 10 1 8 0 8

17 17 EGO 10 2 14 0 14

23 13 PRE 10 1 3 10 8 11

30 14 COM 10 0.5 2 8 6 8

20 8 PD 2 1 5 12 10 15

20 7 ED 2 1 4 14 11 15

6 4 SPD 2 10 16 7 6 22

14 6 REC 4 2 0 0 0 0

56 26 END 20 0.5 0 0 0 0

52 26 STUN 20 1 0 0 0 0

Base Points 300

Disadvantages 100

Powers/Skills/Perks 194

Characteristics 205

Experience Earned 0

Total 398

Balance 2

OCV 9

DCV 9

ECV 6

SPEED 6

Disadvantages

5 Accidental Change

Targeted Magical Dispels

8- Uncommon

5 Distinctive Features

Angelic Resonance

Not Concealable Noticed and Recognized

Detectable only by specialized senses

5 Distinctive Features

Angel like being with wings/golden hair

silver eyes

Easily Concealed Noticed and Recognized

15 Watched: Marches 8-

Mo Pow, NCI, PC is easily located

10 Demonic Enemy As Pow Harshly Punish 8-

10 Vulnerability Sonics 2xStun

5 Social Limitation: Cannot commit an Evil Act

Play as Paladin's Code

20 PL: Code Vs. Killing Very Common Strong

10 PL: Curiousity Common Moderate

15 DNPC Molly Mathers : Adventurous Scientist

Normal Useful Unaware of Secret ID 11-

* All Hero Characteristics Purchased Hero ID only -.25

22 44 44 pt Multipower OAF Wings Foulable non removable

2 4 u- 17" Flight x8 NCM

1 3 u- 28" Gliding

20 50 Mulitpower OAF Infinite Weapon Unbreakable but very difficult to obtain a replacement

2 4 u- 2d6 HtH KA (4d6 w/ STR) vs PD 0END Sword

2 5 u- 10d6 Energy Blast Flame Blast

1 3 u- 6d6 Healing Cleansing Light

1 2 u- 2d6 HtH Attack 0end +1" stretching Staff

can only be used to attack non adjacent targets 0end

2 5 u- 10d6 Sight Group Flash Flame Burst

2 5 u- Force Wall 10rPD 8rED 3 " Sheild

5 Instant Change to Hero ID

4 5 Nightvision * Hero ID Only

6 Mental Defense 6pts (10 total)

10 12 Life Support * Hero ID only

Immortal

Expanded Breathing

Safe in Intense Cold

10 Crimson Armor OIF

5rPD 5rED Armor

Durable easily replaced

Skills

8 Skill Level with All Combat

3 Acrobatics

3 Persuasion

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 SS: Electronics 13-

2 SS: Computer Science 11-

3 Systems Operations 13-

Communications Systems, Medical Scanners

4 Weaponsmith 13-

Energy Weapons, Muscle Powered HtH

Muscle Powered Ranged

3 AK: The Marches 13-

3 CuK: Magical Beings 13-

3 CuK: Angelic Hosts 13-

3 KS: Occult 13-

5 LS: Celestial Tongue

Idiomatic/Literate

Native (English)

5 Perk: Well Off

8 10 Talent: Fascination Only in hero ID

5 Talent: Magesight

5 Talent: Rapid Healing

Martial Arts

5 Weapon Element

Blades

Empty Hand

Javelins and Thrown Spears

Polearms and Spears

Staffs

3 Basic Strike 10d6

5 Defensive Block

5 Flying Dodge

5 Passing Strike 8d6+v/5

I thought to help I would upload a pic of the PC I would like to play. Melissa Uran drew him. I loved the pic and am dying to find a use for him. Just imagine him in deep crimson armor and golden hair and that is the PC for me.

Hawksmoor

Looks cool. I ususally like Uran's work. :)

Here is my entry, Sentinel

Sentinel

Player: Bob Adams

Val Char Cost
30 STR 20
30 DEX 60
30 CON 40
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
20 EGO 20
25 PRE 15
14 COM 2
10/28 PD 4
10/28 ED 4
6 SPD 20
12 REC 0
60 END 0
42 STUN 0
11" RUN02" SWIM016" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 197

Cost Power END
17 Microfiber Polymer Armor Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4) 0
30 Questonite/Resonatium Alloy Shield: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1)
1u 1) Duck Behind: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2
1u 2) Shield Slam: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2
2u 3) Shield Throw: EB 10d6 (50 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1) 5
2u 4) Edge Throw: Energy Blast 6d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) 4
2u 5) Get The Goons: Energy Blast 5d6, Area Of Effect (6" Cone; +1), Selective Target (+1/4) (56 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4) 6
1u 6) Razors Edge: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (40 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) 8
2u 7) Back At Cha: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Full Range (+1) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 6
5 Instant Change (one set of clothing): Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Public Costume into Stealth Costume and vice-versa) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Limited Target Limited (-1/2) 1
3 Enhanced Leg Muscles: Elemental Control, 10-point powers, (5 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)
3 1) Leaping +10" (16" forward, 8" upward) (10 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 2
3 2) Running +5" (11" total) (10 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 2
35 Reflex Memory: Variable Power Pool (Mimicry Pool), 26 base + 9 control cost, (39 Active Points); all slots Limited Power: Only for physical skills the characters sees in use Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 107

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Sentinel Style Martial Arts
3 1) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 +v/5, Target Falls
3 2) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 8d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 3) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 9d6 Strike
4 4) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 5) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
5 6) Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4 7) +1 HTH Damage Class(es)
1 8) Weapon Element: Shield: Boomerangs and Throwing Clubs
5 9) Offensive Trip: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +0, Strike +v/5, Target Falls
5 10) Offensive Ranged Disarm: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +2, Disarm, 40 STR
Martial Arts Cost: 38

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 15-
3 Breakfall 15-
3 Bureaucratics 14-
3 Conversation 14-
3 Criminology 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Oratory 14-
3 Persuasion 14-
3 PS: Graphic Artist 15-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Superheroes (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) KS: Superpowers (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Supervillians (3 Active Points) 13-
3 Stealth 15-
3 Streetwise 14-
3 Tactics 13-
5 +1 with Ranged Combat
Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk
8 Contact: Arthur Jentzen "godfather" (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 8-
Perks Cost: 8

Total Character Cost: 400

Val Disadvantages
20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Of The Hero (Very Common, Strong)
5 Enraged: When Innocents Are Harmed (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
10 DNPC: Melody Hunter 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
20 DNPC: Aunt Joan 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
20 Hunted: GM Determined 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN From Chemical Attacks (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 300

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Little Backstory on my proposed PC

The Crimson Seraph

Nationality: Naturalized Citizen of the United States of America

Height: 5 foot 7 inches (Normal) 6 foot 3 inches (Hero)

Weight: 167 pounds (Normal) 167 pounds (Hero)

Eye Color: Grey Hazel Mercury-like silver pools

Hair Grey and balding Golden in long ponytail

General Appearance: Mattiew Malakim is an older gentleman. He looks much, much fitter than his age. In fact since his empowerment he is fitter than many 18 year old athletes. His grey hair is kept closely cropped to his head and his favored attire screams “College Professor!†For an image I think Patrick Stewart is a fine choice, plus Mattiew has that French accent, although over the years he has forgotten all but the most simple phrases and kid songs.

When he transmutes into the Seraph he gains muscle mass, height and hair! Although his weight remains the same since his form is infused with a mystical quality. As an Angel-like being, the Seraph has three sets of ivory wings sprouting from his back; his wings must be free for him to fly. Although he can fly in relatively small places, in cramped situations he relies on his two smaller wings, his wings need at least 5 feet of room to work properly. This armored suit is made of modern materials and is a deep red color with tiny golden rivets. When his Infinite Weapon is not in use it transforms into a bracer and sits on his right forearm ready to respond to his commands.

Because of the tremendous change in his appearance, Mattiew has decided not to conceal his transformation. He has a Public ID.

History:

Mattiew Malakim was born in the village of Nantes in the French countryside. His was born days before the war began. His father sent his wife and their young son to England as the war broke out. His father died in the early days of the war. Mattiew was never to learn exactly what happened to his father.

His mother, Mariah Malakim worked as a seamstress in Wales, and cared for her young son throughout the horrible early years of the conflict. In 1945, the Malakim’s were granted a visa to the United States, as part of a population protection move designed by Roosevelt and Churchill. 100 Liberty ships departed from Great Britain under bomber and destroyer care. 65 ships made it to Boston Harbor, the rest were sunk by German

U-boats.

His mother was given a job as a seamstress in a parachute making factory and young Mattiew was placed in a group home for young children. Mattiew quickly proved to be exceptionally bright and was entered into kindergarden when he was four years old. Academics proved easy for him, plus after school he could slip into the factory and spent time with this mother, although they were not allowed to live together.

The war drug on an on. At the end of the decade the Atomic age was entered as both the United States and Germany unleashed the mighty power of the Bomb!

Mattiew attended good public schools and applied himself well. At the end of the 1950s, with no end of the war in sight, Mattiew was brought before the draft boards. Looking over his records they determined he would be a greater asset to the War Department’s Research and Development programs than as a soldier. Mattiew worked hard. He honed his skills in a number of projects, never as a lead scientist but constant and a tad brilliant. Yet, Mattiew found himself despairing. Would the war ever be over?

In the early sixties he found God. Catholic by birth and tradition he had never really believed or possessed faith. Through God, Mattiew found himself a changed man. The steady and inexorable push of the Allies against the dwindling Axis only reaffirmed his faith. The symbol of Free Spirit and the other mystery men gave him and the rest of the world hope.

Finally, the power of the Reich was broken. The War was over.

Mattiew married on VE day. He married a nice *snip* girl at the local university. He settled down to start a family and began to teach at the college and work on a new an exciting technology from the war: computers. He and Josephine never had children; he believed it might have to do with the EM fields and exotic chemicals he was exposed to for years in the government labs. Nonetheless, they were happy. Time moved on, and for a little while the pain of the war grew less.

Then Josephine was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer. The doctors said it was likely linked to the Nazi Saboteurs’ lacing of Pittsburgh’s water supply with an unknown chemical in the 1950s. Hundreds more previously asymptomatic people were also displaying similar disease characteristics. Mattiew and Josephine said their last goodbyes only 9 months ago. She hung on despite pain and debilitation for so long as doctors worked on cures.

Mattiew lost his faith the day Josephine was buried. He refused to attend the chapel services at the University as he had for 20 years. He drifted through his work at the department. In his grief he was lost. In one moment of rage and grief, he left his class in the middle of lecture and strode towards the Campus Chapel.

There he railed at God for causing so much suffering. For killing his father, who he never knew, for killing millions in the war, for taking Josephine, and for not taking him instead. He shook his fist at the altar. And as he did a glow filled the stained glass behind it. Bursting forth into the room, the light covered Mattiew and entered him. The Light changed him.

Recovering he felt a peace, a completeness he had never known was lacking. The statue of the Archangel Gabriel was visible as he sat up in the chapel. Tears on his face he thanked God for his grace and stood up to leave and return to his home.

Over the next nights, Mattiew was changed mentally, his dreams became profound vehicles to impart major truths of the universe and God and mans place in it. He found he could speak another language, he knew more obscure details about Angels, Demons, Witches and other ‘magical things’ than he was certain was recorded. He was also changing physically. He was in fact not growing older, but younger and stronger. But the changes would not stop there.

A younger faculty member in the Humanities department saw his black board one day and noticed something odd. Instead of recording notes in English he was using the mystical language of the Celestials. Dr. Molly Mathers just happens to have a book on Angelic glyphs so she recognizes and comments to him on it. Dr. Malakim is stunned and begins to hastily erase the board. She stopped him and asked if he knew what he was doing. She asked him what a few of the symbols meant to him. He responded at first dismissing it as a freshman prank but she would not relent. So he told her and as he spoke the words he had written an terrible transformation occurred to him. No longer did Dr. Mattiew Malakim a mild mannered professor of advancing years stand before her instead a vision of divinity and grace hovered in the air, Golden-maned and six winged rippling with power and glory.

At that moment Mattiew knew. He knew he was destined for something greater. That the Powers-That-Be wanted to help mankind, and through empowering him with a fraction of their essence he would be that tool. He knew that his powers would continue to grow, but his divine spark was complete in instructing him on how to use his abilities.

He set out that day to help people, oppose evil in all its forms, and bring down righteousness on those that need it.

Equipment:

His Infinite Weapon is a magical construct that possesses the ability to shift between many forms. It is both gladius and aegis for the Seraph. Its magitech construction leaves it virtually indestructible. Only powerful magical forces could unmake it and then only through days of work.

His armor is a loan from one of his old contacts in the War Department. That favor is used up, but it could be repurchased or upgraded to a contact if needed.

And that is what I have so far.

Ideas?

As people are posting, here goes.

Sylph

25 Str 15

30 Dex 60

25 Con 30

15 Bod 10

15 Int 5

15 Ego 10

18 Pre 8

18 Com 4

12 Pd 7 ( 20 Pd with armour )

12 Ed 7 ( 20 Ed with armour )

6 Spd 20

10 Rec 0

50 End 0

40 Stun 0

Cha 176

Pow 140

Skill 84

Total 400

Running 6"

Leaping 5"

Swiming 2"

Teleport 10" x 250 Ncm ( 10Km ) with x16 mass

Powers

Rc Ap

60 60 Mp Teleportation

6 60 Teleport x250 Ncm, x16 mass ( adds to teleport, 10Km range )

6 60 Teleport 10", UAO, range, 0 end

6 60 Missile reflection all, +10 OCV

6 60 Clairvoyancy sight x15 000 range +1 1/2, 0 end ( 3000Km range )

6 60 Rka 2d6 penetrating, 0 end

25 Teleport 10", 1/2 end

5 Floating Location 1

8 Mental defence 15pts, 1/2dcv concentrate throughout -1/2 ( cannot teleport / use blink defence )

12 Armour 8 Pd 8 Ed, 14<, OIF bodysuit

Powers 140

Skills

17 Levels +5 Dcv, link to Teleport -1/2 ( blink defence )

23 Martial Arts Acrobatic Kung Fu

OCV DCV Dam/effect

4 Strike +1 +1 10D6 strike ( modified CV Fast strike )

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Dodge +5 Dodge

3 Throw +0 +1 8d6 +v/5, target falls

4 Disarm -1 +1 Str 50 disarm

4 Grab -1 -1 Str 50 to hold

15 Martial Levels +5

12 Martial DC +3

3 Acrobatics 15<

3 Breakfall 15<

3 Stealth 15<

3 Ballet dancing 15<

5 Fluent Japenese idomatic

Skills 84

Disadvantages

15 Psy Protective of innocents com str

15 Psy Overconfident V Com mod

5 Psy Rivalry with other MAs/TPs Uncom mod ( competative )

10 Psy Thrillseeker Com mod

15 Hunted Black Dragon M pow 8< ( 500pt TP MA )

15 Hunted Axis forces M pow 8<

10 Hunted Yakuzza less pow NCI 8<

15 Secret Id Alicia Ieda

(0) DNPC Richard Ieda, Yonger brother Less pow 8< ( 200 Pt teen super, mini brick)

(0) Reputation TP MA Sylph 11<

Disads 100

Background ( basic )

Of American Japanese descent living in the campaign city, father was in the American army and rescued her Japenese mother from Axis expeiments, fell in love and moved to america. Waited many years to have a child but finally gave birth to Alicia and then 6 years later Richard. They did have problems due to her mothers family not approving of marrying a westener ( especially due to the war ), and as such they have suffered a campaign of racial abuse from the local Yakuzza.

Whaterver experiments had been performed on her mother had made here a latent mutant, whose low level effects were a heightening of her physique, she displayed far greater strength and speed than any 16 year old girl could possibly have. Alicia hid her talent but decided she would take up ballet, to help with this she also enrolled in a local china town Martial studio, seeing as the japanese Martial schools she approached rejected her very forcefully.

It was on her 18 Birthday that her latent powers developed when she was out with her boyfriend they were attacked and kidnapped by Yakuzza thugs. They planned to stage a suicide pack and hang them in her boyfriends room, They hung him first and as he was dying of asphixiation came for her, her fear and terror broke the barriers holding back her talent, she broke free teleporting madly about the room attacking with her martial arts, unprepared for this they broke and ran.

By the time she cut Nathan down he was dead.

There was a investigation, the yakuzza killed it. She decieded something had to be done and since the authorities could not, she would. Alicia named herself Sylph after a mythical creature, honned her skills and powers and took to the streets as a superhero protector of the downtrodden and oppressed.

Powers

Her powers are heighened physical stats, master level Martial skill, and finally versatile Teleportation. She can scan over a wide area and teleport anywhere in the city that she sees trouble, she also uses this power to plan raids and tip of police.

She has a very high Dcv but this makes up for the relatively low def and rdef, can deflect and reflect most ranged attacks and finally has learned to teleport other object and to even scramble them, needless to say she does not use this last power on people.

She is usefull for a team due her Intelligence gathering powers and ability to Teleport the whole team anywhere in the campaign city.

In combat she is more of a distraction for high def characters as her max attack is a 10d martial strike, so she goes for mentalists other MAs and thugs.

I imagine her capable of duplicating the opening scene from X2, and as such i realise she is a bit of a Nightcrawler clone, but hey what Teleporting Martial artist isint?

I also have a question, given the 60Ap limit which seems to indicate a standard 12DC 30def 30dex spd 6 max game, is it worth submitting brick characters if Free Spirit is a superman clone, ie is she a str 100, dex 35, def 50, spd 10, mach 10 flight character?

I also have a question' date=' given the 60Ap limit which seems to indicate a standard 12DC 30def 30dex spd 6 max game, is it worth submitting brick characters if Free Spirit is a superman clone, ie is she a str 100, dex 35, def 50, spd 10, mach 10 flight character?[/quote']

FS will be an NPC thus will be in the background compared to the PCs. :)

Well, I just sent a character. If it's applicable to the game then I'll have to decide whether I'm in or out.

Hopefully I'm not coming across as "unenthusiastic". It's more that I'd love to do this, I'd just hate hit-and-run if I find myself unable to fulfill the time commitment.

I sent it in HeroDesigner 2 format; I hope that's acceptable? If not it'll just take me a second to generate an HTML or RTF file.

Vorsh,

We have lots of points. Could you give Slyph some useful NC skills or contacts or perks or talents.

Like Fascination, Magesight, and Rapid Healing? :P

Those are from Fantasy Hero, not FREd, although they pop up in HeroDesigner.

Guest Blizzard

Re: Join Team Freedom!undefinedGreetings,I would like to submit a character for joining the game.Attatched is heromachine rendering and his rwrite up on HD2.02 (I hope)Electric KnightPlayer: Frank Foreaker (Blizzard)

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
20 DEX 30
20 CON 20
20 BODY 20
15 INT 5
20 EGO 20
20 PRE 10
16 COM 3
5/30 PD 0
4/29 ED 0
5 SPD 20
10 REC 2
40 END 0
50 STUN 7
6" RUN02" SWIM05" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 152
Cost Power END
20 Force Sword: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), 4 clips of 8 Charges (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances; -1/4), Beam (-1/4)
2u 1) RKA 3d6-1, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), Beam (-1/4)
2u 2) EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), Beam (-1/4)
2u 3) EB 8d6, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2), Beam (-1/4)
29 Field Belt: FF (17 PD/17 ED), Hardened (+1/4), Persistent (+1/2) (59 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), 2 clips of 3 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2)
16 Primus Blend: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 71
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 Clinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 35 STR for holding on
4 Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike
5 Hook: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 Strike
5 Jab: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 5d6 Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 21
Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 13-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Bugging 12-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Combat Driving 13-
4 +2 with Sword
5 +1 with HTH Combat
8 +1 with All Combat
3 Concealment 12-
3 Demolitions 12-
3 Interrogation 13-
3 Linguist
0 1) Language: English (imitate dialects) (5 Active Points)
2 2) Language: French (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
2 3) Language: German (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)
1 4) Language: Japanese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 5) Language: Portugese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
3 Mechanics 12-
3 Paramedics 12-
5 PS: Soldier 14-
5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)
3 Stealth 13-
13 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Desert, Marine Surface, Mountain, Urban) 12-
7 Tactics 14-
3 Teamwork 13-
3 Tracking 12-
14 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Equines, Helicopters, Parachuting, Advanced, Parachuting, Basic, SCUBA, Skiing (snow), Small Motorized Boats, Small Rowed Boats, Snowmobiles, Tracked Military Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles
11 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms, Blowguns, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Mortars, Off Hand, Shoulder-Fired Weapons, Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts
5 Weaponsmith (Firearms, Muscle-Powered HTH) 13-
2 KS: Boxing 11-
Skills Cost: 127
Cost Perk
9 Contact: Gordon Bradham MI6 leason to Project Roundtable (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has: extremely useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 12-
12 Fringe Benefit: Captain, Federal/National Police Powers, International Driver's License, Passport, Security Clearance
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 26
Cost Talent
3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions
Talents Cost: 3
Val Disadvantages
10 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Minor)
30 Hunted: Invisable Reich 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: overconfidence (Very Common, Moderate)
10 Rivalry: Professional (Natzi super; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
20 Psychological Limitation: Patriot (Very Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of the Innocent (Common, Strong)
Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 300Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 400

Height: 1.94 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 102.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Personality: Having gone from day dreaming of being costumed defender of the realm to living it he wants to represent England, and defend the Crown's intrest the best he can.Quote:Stand Down Villan, in the name of the King!Background: Captian Phelps exceled in his duties in the SAS. This brought the attention of MI6, who where in need of an operitve for black ops overseas. Seeking anyway that he could serve King and Country accepted. After a few years assisting in putting out hotspots around the globe he started to hear whispers about the coming of the Invisable Reich. Concerned he volenteered for a new project to produce a guardian for the country, using high tech medical treatment and tools. Thus he became The Electric KnightPowers/Tactics: Having been equiped with force field belt, shield, sword, and a suit the yanks contributed of Primus Weave Frank tries to draw fire away from teamates. However he still has his SAS training and no quams about using stealth to take out a targetCampaign Use: Let me know what you thinkBlizzard