City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

• 5 months later...

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

And we have another double XP weekend coming up the weekend of January 26.

Think I'll be working on some alts and get them up to travel powers.

Grumble. And I won't be able ot take advantage of it. I work next weekend.

I'm hoping to finally get back to CoH now that I actually have a PC. Haven't played the game for an age, since I moved out of my friends' house (apparently they needed my room for a nursery or something... some people have no sense of priorities...) but happily my old character is still waiting for me to return.

Personally I loved the game (aside from a few fairly small issues), particularly because the interface allowed me to quip, banter and communicate easily during combats. The interaction between players was terrific fun. My friend Martin tells me that he has gone back to the game after a break and has been rewarded for his length of subscription with a new costume item: a giant Afro for his blaxploitation superhero!

Jvstice Inc will be in full effect taking advantage of the phat XP lewt!

The question is how MANY of my characters am I going to grind this weekend? ;)

If you hit Champion Server, look for Arctick Angel!

I can do it, but I still haven't figured out how to open the base....

JG

if the base portal doesn't work it means someone hasn't paid the rent.

I'm hoping to finally get back to CoH now that I actually have a PC. Haven't played the game for an age, since I moved out of my friends' house (apparently they needed my room for a nursery or something... some people have no sense of priorities...) but happily my old character is still waiting for me to return.

Personally I loved the game (aside from a few fairly small issues), particularly because the interface allowed me to quip, banter and communicate easily during combats. The interaction between players was terrific fun. My friend Martin tells me that he has gone back to the game after a break and has been rewarded for his length of subscription with a new costume item: a giant Afro for his blaxploitation superhero!

See you all there!

Or you don't have both CoH and CoV. You have to have both to get in an SG base.

I have both and for a while I was listed as the leader of The Hero System (so I spent a certain amount of Influence to start the base) but it isn't letting me in to make a payment.

JG

I have both and for a while I was listed as the leader of The Hero System (so I spent a certain amount of Influence to start the base) but it isn't letting me in to make a payment.

JG

Are you going to the Base, or going to Atlas or Port Oakes to make the payment?

Oh' date=' everyone who had me on their Global, I let my account slip and come back so I am no @Ithecles[/quote']

That was you? I got an invite and turned it down because I don't usually accept global friends offers from total strangers.

I thought it was a stranger but I just didn't realize HOW strange! ;)

I had a really good grind weekend. I got my two mains up to Full Flight, which ROCKS! and then got my other guys up to minimum 6th level. Yes, I have way too many characters at once. Current list and lvl on Pinnacle:

CoH:

SuperNova Titan: Invulnerability/Super Strength/Flight Tank - 15th

Sentinel Mk. II: Energy Powers/Energy Manipulation/Flight Blaster - 14th

Northern Borealis: Force Field/Radiation Emmision/Flight Defender - 6th

The Cthulhu Kid: Illusion/Force Field/Teleport Controller - 6th

Kapitain Komintern: Invulnerability/Ice Melee/Super Leap Tank - 6th

Dark Shaft: Archery/Devices/Leadership Blaster - 6th

Peerless Paragon: Martial Arts/Super Defense/Super Speed - 6th

And on COV:

Lord Tenebrous: Dark Energy/Dark Manipulation/Teleport Corruptor - 8th

Case of the Mondays: Stone Melee/Stone Armor - Brute - 7th

I had meant to work on some of my lower characters, but my group decided that we were going to be doing the Recluse Strike Force.

I get my lvl 50 Elec/Elec Brute the Shivans and do a little work on some Warburg missiles (And Elec is not good vs. Toxic)

But that was done before the double XP, so Flaming Telepath, my lvl 42 Fire/Kinetics Corruptor could use some play time. Wound up doing the SF with her and she is now lvl 50. I went from just into lvl 48 to lvl 50 during the Strike Force. I hit 50 just before we took down Statesman, who was the last hero to get. :D

Well, I finally have the game! Both CoH and CoV in a combined edition I found for £6.95, which is pretty good for a new copy including a month of gameplay. It's currently downloading some info so that I can log into my account... and boy is it taking its time. Hopefully things aren't normally this slow. I've not played the game for nearly two years, so I guess that waiting another day won't kill me... but I was really hoping to get over to Atlas Park tonight!

One query: Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a character from one person's account to another one? My old character is still on my friend's account (he kindly kept him, just in case) but I suspect that he's stuck there.