The Zoo Crew Returns!

HeroGM

oK, this can go under Champion's or Non-Game discussion I know.

For those who are intreasted and in the know Wizard's First Look article in the current issue has announced the return of Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew.

CC & the Zoo Crew was an anamorphic comic that ran bakc in the early 1980s and pretty much introduced us to animals as Heroes (ok, not counting SuperGoof or Bugs Bunny with the radiated carrots).

The book will be an all-ages Vertigo title and will be written by Geoff Johns (Teen Titans and JSA) and drawn by Phil Jimenez (Wonder Woman, Titans/JLA, etc). The title will ship in August and be a six-issue mini-series.

Is Duck Champion's far behind?

Re: The Zoo Crew Returns!

I loved that comic! From the looks of the cover, this may be a more "serious" treatment of the characters and universe than the orginal. For instance, it doesn't look like things bode well for Fastback.

I also note the appearances of several minor/supporting characters: Little Cheese the Micro Mouse, Green Lambkin from the Just'a Lotta Animals, Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, Swamp Thing (!) and a couple I don't recognize -- what looks like a Golden-Age version of Fastback, and who's the armadillo down in the lower right?

I know it was the April Fools issue yes. Hopefully though they wouldn't take their FirstLook section and make it a joke though, and to be honest I can see Johns' doing a series. It's been rumored off and on since last summer that DC was talking about bringing them back.

Besides, that's a kick @$$ pick by Jimenez

The turtle in the Flash outfit is the Terrific Whatzit a 'real' (as in actually saw print way back in the day) funny-animal version of the Golden-age Flash, as well as Fastback's grandfather (I believe). The armidillo is the Armordillo, an old foe of the Zoo Crew.

You do realize that the Zoo Crew article was in Wizard's April Fool's issue' date=' don't you?[/quote']

I hate to rain on a parade (I'd really like to see this myself), but the article stated that this would be the first Vertigo book approved for all ages. I really think the Wizard staff was messing with us.

Guest Major Tom

Originally posted by ChaosDrgn:

------------------------------------

Is Duck Champion's far behind?

------------------------------------

You do know that you're just asking to be flogged with a cat-o'-ninetails

made out of soggy pasta, don't you, ChaosDrgn?

Duck Champions, indeed... Shame! Shame on you!

(For beating the rest of us to that gawdawful line.)

Major Tom :shock:

Originally posted by ChaosDrgn:

(For beating the rest of us to that gawdawful line.)

Opening theme by Wierd Al sung to the tune of "Duck Tales"...I'm trying to figure out an animal for Harbinger of justice