Fantastic Four (half FYI, half OT)

BobGreenwade

In my hunting around for acting roles (part of my "job searching" since my job at the Forest Service lost its funding) I've come across this little tidbit.

In following with the great success Marvel has had in the past several years with motion pictures based on its characters, casting is about to open up for a film based on the Fantastic Four. I'd bet (just as an educated guess) that you can look for it in theaters about a year from now.

That's the FYI part. Here's the OT part:

For those of you who have met me (Steve, Dave, Shelley, Mark, Wilson, et al), how well do you think I'd do in the part of Ben Grimm? :D

(Steve/Ben/Darren: please lend some grace for the OT part of this. If it gets out of hand and becomes a distraction from the rest of the forum, please do move it to NGD.)

Re: Fantastic Four (half FYI, half OT)

In following with the great success Marvel has had in the past several years with motion pictures based on its characters, casting is about to open up for a film based on the Fantastic Four. I'd bet (just as an educated guess) that you can look for it in theaters about a year from now.

You can look for it, but you won't find it. I'll believe it when I see it (and I'll bet a dollar I won't). Besides, they already made a great Fantastic Four movie! Why must they ruin the classics by remaking them?

(Steve/Ben/Darren: please lend some grace for the OT part of this. If it gets out of hand and becomes a distraction from the rest of the forum' date=' please do move it to NGD.)[/quote']

Ugh. What could your post possibly have done to deserve such a horrific fate?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel qualified to judge, we only really met briefly. However, I have to be honest and say you don't strike me as the Grimm type. But I've never seen you truly act, roleplaying is of course a rather different thing.

You can look for it' date=' but you won't find it. I'll believe it when I see it (and I'll bet a dollar I won't). Besides, they already [i']made[/i] a great Fantastic Four movie! Why must they ruin the classics by remaking them?

Believe

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120667/

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=51

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/pages/insidefantasticfour.htm

the hype is starting. I wouldn't be surprised to see previews as early as the Fall Movie set, definitely during the Holiday Movie Set.

As for the question, Never met you Bob, and I don't even know the F4 that well so I'm so not qualified to judge.

Uh' date=' Bob, no offense I hope, but it wasn't like it was a "real" issue before, right?[/quote'] Only in an extremely minor, far-reaching sort of way.

Personally I think Chiklis would be great for the part, though I'd consider it creative, appropriate, and poetic to give it to The Rock. :D

Chiklis is a great actor... but I would MUCH rather see him take a turn as Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man!

I think they will likely CGI ben Grimm anyway, and no better voice can be found than Vin Diesel doing his gravel voice from the Iron Giant.