Map Makers

Eyendasky80

Re: Map Makers

I've played with the same group for over 20 years. We have used maps off and on over that time. Only recently (the last couple of months) have we been using a battle mat. The problem in the past was that the map was left at someone's house, etc. That prompted me to buy my own and bring it when I can makeit to the sessions. It was always much more effective for close combat situations. Our group has also grown quite large reently and the use of a map helps those new players understand what combat "looks" like.

My group and I use a very large battle mat, which is quite handy I must say.

Still, I wish there were pre-made Champions maps out there with 1" hexes already on them, like those found in the Hero System Resource Kit. I asked Steve Long if there were plans to make a Map Pack supplement that included all types of maps ususally found in a super hero setting. Sadly, he said "no." :(

Does anyone know where to get pre-made maps with 1" hexes like those found in the Resource Kit?

My group and I use a very large battle mat, which is quite handy I must say.

Still, I wish there were pre-made Champions maps out there with 1" hexes already on them, like those found in the Hero System Resource Kit. I asked Steve Long if there were plans to make a Map Pack supplement that included all types of maps ususally found in a super hero setting. Sadly, he said "no." :(

Does anyone know where to get pre-made maps with 1" hexes like those found in the Resource Kit?

That's where a photocopier is handy. Just change the size of the copies. I know, it's a lot of work, but it will be worth it.

We use a couple of different hex mats, so we can switch out a drawn area without having to erase it too soon. Since we use minatures for the battles, it's a necessity.

For the GMs in our group who prefer to plan things down to the last detail, we use regular (8 1/2 by 11) paper with hexes (like graph paper). Also used to keep a permanent record of a building or area (HQ or team base).

Mags

That's where a photocopier is handy. Just change the size of the copies. I know' date=' it's a lot of work, but it will be worth it.[/quote']

For what it's worth, every map I have done for Hero, I have tried to do with an eye towards its use as a battlemat. I have included hex grids wherever possible and tried to keep them at reasonable fractions of 1" if full scale was not possible. With some work, they should be Frankensteinable into full sized battlemats.

Keith "Now gets royalties for every subsequent use of the word 'Frankensteinable' " Curtis