Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I did this so I could calculate WGAC for myself, then I added some that I remembered and other controversial ones mainly because they got most replies & views.

Thread name		WGAC   	Thread Champ
WAG1			0.335	4848
Catsuit			2.048	3297
Burning Times		0.945	534
New Avatar for Kara	2.451	883
A&Q			0.659	2244
Opposites		0.374	473
Dr D v Takefanes	0.598	1526
Bush G/M		0.951	1092
Good 4 SF		1.071	672.4
Canada G/M		1.101	764.6

As you can see Durin's (aka RPMiller's) New Avatar for Kara is ahead of Catsuit of the WGAC index. Is this thread the one with the highest WGAC index? Can a thread beat it?

I also propose a WGAC standard. Any thread has to fulfill ONE of these criteria -- the replies has to exceed 250 posts and the views has to be over 1000. Any thread that meets this critera can be WGACized.

Other critera I thought of is:

150 replies / 500 views

150 replies / 1000 views

500 replies / 1000 views.

What does the LRTE posters reckon? Post your views here rather than starting a poll (more posts for this thread) :).

WHAT?!? My threads in the lead?!? Yesh!! :D:lol:

NOPE, I found merit in it! Ha-ha Rage, you FOOL! BEGONE!

Yes, I am now a diety as I have fulfilled AA's qualifications for such! :D

I'll be the judge of that ...

"You FOOL, BEGONE!" check

bizarre name check

giant anthropophagic reptillian monster check

Whoops! You forgot to say "I Have Spoken!" Please resubmit your application to your neighborhood representative before the next cutoff date. Thank you.

-AA

Howard Stern Followup

The FCC got over 1,600 complaints regarding Oprah Winfrey's show. Here are a sample of some of the emails. Some of them may be offensive depending on the reader. My email is not among the ones on TSG.

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?IDLink=941177&location=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0504044oprah1.html

Howard Stern Followup

The FCC got over 1,600 complaints regarding Oprah Winfrey's show. Here are a sample of some of the emails. Some of them may be offensive depending on the reader. My email is not among the ones on TSG.

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?IDLink=941177&location=http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0504044oprah1.html

Utterly brilliant.

Well' date=' I have my doubts about Citizens against Unclean Network Trash being a real group (for obvious reasons) but I happen to agree with the sentiment. The rules need to be enforced fairly and uniformly, or not at all.[/quote']Did you notice in that same email about "setting a stern example?"

I really liked both wq jump street and Booker. oh well.

Man called Hawk was pretty good too. :)

I moved and had no tv reception right about the time angel spun off, Crusade was a similar problem, iirc.

There's "Buffy TVS" and "Angel". Both pretty darn successful.

"Babylon 5" and the short-lived "Crusade".

Wasn't there a "Baywatch" spinoff? "Baywatch Hawaii" or something...

"21 Jump Street" spawned "Booker". (egads, I watched 'em both)

"Benson" came from the show "Soap".

"Simpsons" came from "The Tracey Ullman Show".

And who can forget "Happy Days" and the ever-lovable "Joanie Loves Chachi"?

"Highlander" had a spinoff I never watched...

"Cosby" had a spinoff for Lisa Bonet, but she left and that other chick took over, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

"Spenser for Hire" actually had a very short lived spinoff called "Man Called Hawk".

Believe it or not, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

The more I watch tv, the more I hate it. It's getting to where I find network tv to be so simpering and banal that it actually offends me. All I can stand to watch now are the actually scientific shows on Discovery Channel, and those are few and far between, serving only to fill the gaps between showings of American Chopper.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Please feel free to pad your post count by showering me with good wishes for a happy birthday.

I will be in the office monitoring these boards tomorrow and I'll be giving out "meaningless" presents to members of the boards who gave me the best birthday tidings.

This should be fun. :joint::cheers::celebrate:drink:

Tomorrow is my birthday. Please feel free to pad your post count by showering me with good wishes for a happy birthday.

I will be in the office monitoring these boards tomorrow and I'll be giving out "meaningless" presents to members of the boards who gave me the best birthday tidings.

This should be fun. :joint::cheers::celebrate:drink:

Gee, I was thinking if everyone just took a day off from posting, that would be a good present for you.