Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Jeez.

As Josh put it, the New York Yankees are pulling a Red Sox:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/news/nyy_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20040831&content_id=843595&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp

^ v ^

And, yet, somehow, we can trust the Sox will not win the World Series...

That's a pretty amazing loss, thx for posting since I don't follow sports and wouldn't have known otherwise.

Guest Skaramine

I thought posting the link saying it made me think of Mightbec was a warning.

When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of u and mption. :D

Followup report!

The .444 was stout of recoil, but not painful. I only fired 2 shots off a rest, but they were 1 inch apart at 100 yards, though 8 inches high. I use the sights differently than my dad does.

The .45-70 , with IROn sights, again, shot a roughly 1-1.5 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards over the rest.

The Kimber seemed to be much more accurate, at least in my hands, than my sig. Unfortunately it was failing to lock into battery at least once, often twice in a magazine. :( Hopefully it just needs more breaking in.

My wife's 6.5x55 swedish mauser managed to cut my forehead (scope eye) because I shot it sitting and didn't correct enough. once I figured out where the damned scope was pointing, it shot fine. I need to put a better scope on it, probably a 3-9x compact.

Later.

greg

I don't think Mack was really going for precision as much as raw horsepower.

Remember, he was shooting from only 100 yards, and he wanted to do some real damage. Also, the lever action was the fastest thing around in that power range. He used one again in #100 Blood Testament, but for a long time, his favorite powerhouse "precision" rifle was the three shot .460 Weatherby Mk. V.

Frankly, though, I love the .45-70 and .444 and .460 Weatherby.

Those things are made for hunting SUV's and mounting their hides on the wall.

:D

Hello, assorted people-

Used to post fairly often hereabouts, thought I'd come "out of retirement". So, Hi.

PS: I know SSquirrel and his bride, out in The World That Exists When the Server Is Down, so I feel qualified to tell you that it's lies! ALL LIES! :)

Guest Skaramine

Great range report, Greg!

Gonna have to wring out that Kimber a little more to make sure it works fine. Check the spring on the slide stop maybe... that might be popping up in recoil and snagging the action up.

Guest Skaramine

How is "Has Mightybec written all over it" not a warning? :confused:

Even then... the link...

Minty @ss.

Minty @ss...

Mightybec.

Two great tastes that make waste together. :angst:

PS: I know SSquirrel and his bride' date=' out in The World That Exists When the Server Is Down, so I feel qualified to tell you that it's [i']lies! ALL LIES! [/i] :)

Which? Mine or Josh's?

^ v ^

I do plan on researching this mass delusion that a lot of my friends seem to be sharing.

Guest Skaramine

Which? Mine or Josh's?

^ v ^

I do plan on researching this mass delusion that a lot of my friends seem to be sharing.

Share your picture with us, and we'll see if the mass delusion affects all gamers. :D

Which? Mine or Josh's?

^ v ^

Look- I haven't learned too much in this world, but I've learned two things:

1) Don't ever agree with a lady disparaging herself and

2) Don't go too far complimenting other men's wives.

Suffice it to say: you're not entirely what you bill yourself as, and leave it there.

Does anyone know why that person was forcefully removed from the RNC tonight?

Probably for holding one of those stupid protest signs, like the ones pointing out Bush's equivalence to a vagina.

Yeah, they've had more than one of those this week. But the crowd always shouts them out with "Four More Years! Four More Years!"

I bet Cheney and Bush were really impressed. People would chant in the middle of the speech and they'd think, "Hey! It's not even the applause line! Damn, I'm good!" ;)

JG