Longest Running Thread EVER

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

^^ sorry, already taken!

and angel's so funny about me doing that trick...i guess cause HE can't do it...any drink i order, he tells the waitress "and she wants at least three cherries in it"...

even if its like, pepsi or something. ~_~

silly britches. ^^

Four, I think. (Cancer goes looking for a definitive reference.)

DOH, got it wrong. Five.

Link with a good map.

On a similar vein,

For anyone who wants to manually synch their PC with the official US Atomic clock:

http://www.time.gov

Only gives US time zones, but when you get the result it does do one of those nifty "daylight here / night time here" maps.

Of course, if it is a company computer your time synch will get removed most likely by the company's time synch server, and your computer may stop authenticating security certificates if the time is off by a significant amount, but the map will be nifty to see. ;)

Yeah, I tried setting my work computer to the time.gov official time. It reset the next time I logged off.

Meanwhile, we've taken away the ability to change the clock from the other computers without administrative permission. Back when they all had access to that feature, the date would be set forward a month on a regular basis. Then they'd wonder why they couldn't punch in and out on that machine . . . :rolleyes:

On a similar vein,

For anyone who wants to manually synch their PC with the official US Atomic clock:

http://www.time.gov

Only gives US time zones, but when you get the result it does do one of those nifty "daylight here / night time here" maps.

I use the US Naval Observatory for tha same purpose, but I admit to a bias.

Sounds like you need to give your IT folks a good boot to the head. :yes:

Yeah, I admit I scratch my head at how casual some sectors of e-commerce are about timekeeping.

Two years ago this weekend I left a little code running over the weekend to see if the company's Windows system handled the Daylight --> Standard time conversion correctly when it was supposed to happen. Within the resolution of my sampling, it did.

That said, it still annoys me that Windows uses proleptic times for showing you time/date stamps of files etc.

So then what's the problem? :eg::D

No problem . . . anymore.

I guess I should clarify that our registers are actually PCs with the register program installed. They also have the timecard program installed, and most people punch in and out at the registers. We had trusted that they wouldn't go switching around the times on the computers to artificially inflate their times, but I guess that was giving them too much credit.

So, having gotten tired of having sales off about once a month (changing the date also credited the sales rung on that register on the new, improved date), we took away the time/date aspect entirely. The computers still keep time, but, without going into the control panel, you can't see what that is, nor can you change it.

And only WE can go into the control panel . . .

No.

Does this have anything to do with your title change?

No, just a ping-pong NGD thread passed two weeks without a reply to my last post. I claim a point fom L. Marcus. :D

The title change stems from the arrival of our copy of the Serenity RPG book yesterday. The glossary in the back is too much fun.