What the heck is a Migdalar?

Yamo

There are several references to these things in Turakian Age, but they don't say anything other than that they live underground and are "acephalic", which, as far as I can tell, more-or-less means "clam or oyster-like." Not very helpful.

Can anybody summarize what these things are in general terms?

Re: What the heck is a Migdalar?

Afraid all I have handy is the free Encyclopaedia Turakiana PDF, which describes the Migdalar as "an evil, four-armed, acephalic, psionically-powerful underground race." (Makes them sound rather like the D&D illithids/ mind flayers, which makes sense given the conventions Turakian Age is based on.) It references TA pp. 160, 283 and 287 for more information.

I wonder if there's full writeups in Monsters, Minions and Marauders? That's supposed to include Turakian Age-specific creatures.

(Makes them sound rather like the D&D illithids/ mind flayers' date=' which makes sense given the conventions [i']Turakian Age[/i] is based on.) .

They do not look like mindflayers at all. They are quite different, the mindflayers "look" is inspired from chutullu while the midgelar looks like... Uh.. Something evil. Yes that is it.

In a word: nasty, brutish, psionic, and short. Well, not actually short.... and some of them are more brutish than others. If you wish to experience this race at their least pleasant please purchase the upcoming HERO publication Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds which includes (amongst other things) a Migdalar scenario.

Writing it was... upsetting. I promise you that reading it will be too.

They do not look like mindflayers at all. They are quite different' date=' the mindflayers "look" is inspired from chutullu while the midgelar looks like... Uh.. Something evil. Yes that is it.[/quote']

Although their look is quite different, they fill the same ecological niche as Mind-flayers, 'revisioned' Morlocks and Tax Collectors.

Keith " It was not my intention in that post to insult by comparision any real mind flayers or morlocks" Curtis

So what do they look like exactly?

Imagine a Grond-shaped creature with no head, only a stump of a neck, with eyes under his chest and a fanged mouth where his stomach would be.

'Cause for posters on this board "Grond-shaped" is clearer than "four-armed"! :D

If I had just used four-armed he might have got the idea that they were more human looking like a catavalan. By using Grond-shaped he gets the idea that it's a powerful, muscular looking creature with a somewhat bestial appearance. But yes, basically I figured we would all know what Grond-shaped meant. :nya:

What are 'revisioned Morlocks'? You're not talking about Stephen Baxter's sequel to The Time Machine are you?

I meant the ones from the recent movie. A race of underground psionic maneaters. Well, some of them, anyway.

Keith "Now don't start splittin' hairs" Curtis