The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My Sleep Apnea is ruining my life. I was an hour late to my Mom's house today and I am exhausted all the time. Dragging myself out of bed is torture. I was supposed to meet someone tonight but I'm just too tired after driving two hours today.

Please do not tell me to get a mask. I try my two different masks again and again and again. I tried them last night. I simply cannot sleep with them on. If I'm lucky enough to fall asleep with one on I do not stay asleep.

If anyone sees a possible solution to this problem would they please point it out. I can't go on like this.

My Sleep Apnea is ruining my life. I was an hour late to my Mom's house today and I am exhausted all the time. Dragging myself out of bed is torture. I was supposed to meet someone tonight but I'm just too tired after driving two hours today.

Please do not tell me to get a mask. I try my two different masks again and again and again. I tried them last night. I simply cannot sleep with them on. If I'm lucky enough to fall asleep with one on I do not stay asleep.

If anyone sees a possible solution to this problem would they please point it out. I can't go on like this.

Could you try surgery?

Okay, first of all, I am not a doctor, etc., etc. There are surgical alternatives. The least invasive is called the Pillar Procedure but it may not be effective for severe cases. I don't have sleep apnea that I know of but I snore very loud and I am going to look into the Pillar Procedure as a way to remedy that. There are more involved surgeries as well. I assume your doctor could tell you about them.

Okay' date=' first of all, I am not a doctor, etc., etc. There are surgical alternatives. The least invasive is called the Pillar Procedure but it may not be effective for severe cases. I don't have sleep apnea that I know of but I snore very loud and I am going to look into the Pillar Procedure as a way to remedy that. There are more involved surgeries as well. I assume your doctor could tell you about them.[/quote']

From what I'm told, apnéa surgery is no better than no treatment at all. I. e., it doesn't help most of those who try it.

Yeah - Diabetes sounds like a terrible hassle and worry and sleep apnea - The idea of it is kinda horrifying.

Actually, I'm not diabetic, just got kidney failure.

Oh, SatinKitty ... I saw a commercial the other day for an anti-snoring thing, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It's like a plastic mouthguard you put in your mouth when you sleep, and it shifts the position of your jaw for better breathing. Can't verify it's effectiveness, but I thought I would at least mention it.

Thanks, all. I discussed it with my Cognitive Behavioral Therapist today. He suggested 20 minutes of deep breathing in the morning to help wake up. I'll try that.

He said it can help replenish the oxygen I didn't get while sleeping.

I guess I should keep trying with the masks as I was in bed for more than 10 hours and still woke up exhausted.

Thanks, all. I discussed it with my Cognitive Behavioral Therapist today. He suggested 20 minutes of deep breathing in the morning to help wake up. I'll try that.

He said it can help replenish the oxygen I didn't get while sleeping.

I guess I should keep trying with the masks as I was in bed for more than 10 hours and still woke up exhausted.

I can use my mask, but still seem tired all the time... Caffeine makes the world go round, Doesn't it???

48 hours later and nobody else is cranky? You people make me sick. Anyway, the power's been out for 24 hours here in Middle of Nowhere-ville, I'm an hour from home in a crappy excuse for a city, stealing wi-fi access to post this, and the power may be off for another 24 to 48 hours yet. We had a freak wind-storm last night that caused hellacious damage all over the place, knocking out substations, power poles and lines all over the county, like a 40-mile wide tornado. (no funnel cloud was sighted) Of course I was out on the road when the worst of it hit us. You're not supposed to drive over downed trees in a 2001 Cougar, but hey....

I bought 100 lbs of dry ice today to keep all the meat from last year's kills in the freezer from going bad. Now I'm going home to plug my computer into the car's inverter and work on my GenCon events by candlelight. Once I've got proper internet access I'll write up a real blog post about all this. For some reason my life is only interesting when it sucks.

48 hours later and nobody else is cranky? You people make me sick. Anyway, the power's been out for 24 hours here in Middle of Nowhere-ville, I'm an hour from home in a crappy excuse for a city, stealing wi-fi access to post this, and the power may be off for another 24 to 48 hours yet. We had a freak wind-storm last night that caused hellacious damage all over the place, knocking out substations, power poles and lines all over the county, like a 40-mile wide tornado. (no funnel cloud was sighted) Of course I was out on the road when the worst of it hit us. You're not supposed to drive over downed trees in a 2001 Cougar, but hey....

I bought 100 lbs of dry ice today to keep all the meat from last year's kills in the freezer from going bad. Now I'm going home to plug my computer into the car's inverter and work on my GenCon events by candlelight. Once I've got proper internet access I'll write up a real blog post about all this. For some reason my life is only interesting when it sucks.

Call some friends over and run a survival horror game by candlelight?

I'm sad today. I was sick this morning and I just cried over that sad Robot in Sarah Jane's thread, even though I never watched the original Dr. Who in my life. OddHat thinks I am being a Ninny. Maybe I am but between the residual sickness and all the sad posts today, I'm a mess.

I'm sad today. I was sick this morning and I just cried over that sad Robot in Sarah Jane's thread' date=' even though I never watched the original Dr. Who in my life. OddHat thinks I am being a Ninny. Maybe I am but between the residual sickness and all the sad posts today, I'm a mess.[/quote']

http://www.catsinsinks.com/ - Solves the blues. :)

So, I've been cranky about the still cold-ish and wet and overcast weather. I was thinking it was all in my head and I was just impatient for Spring...then my brother sent me this.

As of April 18:

• Seattle has yet to reach 60 in April. Seattle has never not reached 60 degrees in April. The record fewest are two set in 1954.
  • Seattle has just two days over 55 degrees this year.
  • The average high temperature this April so far (50.4 degrees) is a full degree lower than this past March's average (51.4), which was below normal in and of itself.
  • March's rainfall was 6.29" -- 7th wettest on record at Sea-Tac Airport and 2.5" above normal. Of March's 31 days, 24 had measurable rain and four others had a trace.
  • April's rain so far was 3.13" -- already the monthly quota. And it's rained on 15 of 18 days in April.
  • The last official sunny day was Feb. 25, defined as 30% or less cloud cover through the day. The streak is at 52 days through Monday. The longest stretch in the last 15 years was 73 days, and that was in the heart of winter.

Call some friends over and run a survival horror game by candlelight?

That would be nice but... the nearest RPG players are a couple of hours from where I live, as far as I've been able to tell. So, gaming requires a serious road trip. Not that I mind. Any excuse to get out of the sticks and back to civilization is a good one.

Wore myself out today cleaning up the deadwood all over the yard. I had it mostly cleaned up before the storm, but the next day there was several times what I'd picked up. And more storms are on the way for the next three days. Don't know why I bother.

No work this week -- I'm doing oil well testing and they're all shut down until the electricity is back on. (Yes, part of the cost of your gasoline includes the electricity needed to pump the oil out of the ground, which is often provided by coal fired power plants. So if you're wondering why energy policy is complicated....) So far this disaster has cost me two days' work, and tomorrow it looks like it'll cost part of a third.

Bleah.