The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Speaking of lawns' date=' add in a rant about neighbors' pets and poop.[/quote']

Yeah, that's another rant entirely.

Apologies for the language, but the whole "the world is my ashtray" attitude that smokers tend to have just pisses me right off. Especially when I spend 20 minutes pulling their butts out of my lawn. :mad:

I've found smokers, sometimes, are almost deliberately inconsiderate--almost as though they were rebelling against The Man that keeps them from smoking indoors. They're such a harassed minority, you see, that they deserve to be allowed to litter on your lawn and pollute the lungs of anyone downwind. And of course they have long since destroyed their own sense of taste and smell, so they have no idea how offensive the stench is.

In other news' date=' I spent 90 minutes this afternoon while the helpdesk girl struggled to install the flash player plugin on my work laptop. An operation that usually takes about 90 seconds.[/quote']

So, she got paid for 1.5 hours instead of 1.5 minutes... I'm not sure if that's pathetic or brilliant.

IMHO' date=' increasing the labor by a factor of 60 (and getting away with it) would be considered impressive in some industries.[/quote']

To my mind, if you're going to increase labor by a factor of anything, it is best to do so in ways that don't make you look incompetent.

I just spent the last 5 minutes on the phone explaining to the DAAPQAT[1] that an amount of $0 does not exceed a maximum limit of $10.

You see, one of the things customers can potentially do is request a due date extension on their bill if they they meet certain qualifications. One of those qualifications is that their past due balance not exceed a configured amount (in this case $10). This QA person called me to find out why an account that had a $0 past due amount was being offered an extension with the maximum past due limit set to $10.

I guess I should not be surprised as this is the same person I posted about not understanding that 500 doesn't fit into a range of 100 or less.

[1] Dumb As A Post Quality Assurance Tester

I just spent the last 5 minutes on the phone explaining to the DAAPQAT[1] that an amount of $0 does not exceed a maximum limit of $10.

You see, one of the things customers can potentially do is request a due date extension on their bill if they they meet certain qualifications. One of those qualifications is that their past due balance not exceed a configured amount (in this case $10). This QA person called me to find out why an account that had a $0 past due amount was being offered an extension with the maximum past due limit set to $10.

I guess I should not be surprised as this is the same person I posted about not understanding that 500 doesn't fit into a range of 100 or less.

[1] Dumb As A Post Quality Assurance Tester

I despair for our society. I really do.

So... one of our oil wells is in somebody's cow pasture. And this week the cows decided to do some re-wiring. Couple of hours' repair work' date=' feeling like I was trapped in a Far Side comic.[/quote']

"When Bossie saw the repairman approaching, she knew all those hours in correspondence electrician's school had not been in vain..."