The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Every time I'm stopped at a light and see someone toss a cigarette out their window' date=' I want to get out of the truck, go over and pick up the cigarette, and toss it back in the car. "Here, you dropped this. No, no need to thank me."[/quote']

Only if I get to jump out of MY car to wrestle cellphones away from drivers. And books.

Yes, books. :stupid:

Only if I get to jump out of MY car to wrestle cellphones away from drivers. And books.

Yes, books. :stupid:

Make up. As crazy as the other stuff drives me, make up just really gets me steamed. First off, the light in your car sucks. Secondly, do you really need to be putting on your mascara while on the freeway?

Make up. As crazy as the other stuff drives me' date=' make up just really gets me steamed. First off, the light in your car sucks. Secondly, do you really need to be putting on your mascara while on the freeway?[/quote']

Gah. Seriously. I'd be worried about losing an eye.

Can that little detail REALLY not wait until they're stopped for traffic, or something?

Gah. Seriously. I'd be worried about losing an eye.

Can that little detail REALLY not wait until they're stopped for traffic, or something?

Apparently not. :( Hell, I've had to give a honk of the horn more than once because someone was putting on her make up and hadn't noticed the light turned green.

Wake up a couple of minutes earlier so you can do it before you leave the house. Do it when you get to work. Don't do it in your car if it's on the street.

Better yet' date=' just don't wear makeup at all. It's really not necessary. In fact, I'm disgusted anytime I encounter an otherwise pretty girl whose face is hidden somewhere under a quarter inch of foundation and eyeshadow and blush and mascara and lip stuff. Yuck![/quote']

Yeah, but that's too much make up. If it's done right, it enhances rather than covers up. Calls attention to the better features.

What you described is just wrong. lol

I'm in the "no makeup" camp. It's too much work for too little payoff. I can't splash my face with cool water midday to wake myself up, my eyes can't get watery when I yawn, and I can't kiss my husband without having to touch up. It takes precious minutes out of my morning, and precious more to wash it off every night.

So I just skip the whole hassle. The last time I wore makeup was at my wedding, and I've never looked back.

I'm in the "no makeup" camp. It's too much work for too little payoff. I can't splash my face with cool water midday to wake myself up, my eyes can't get watery when I yawn, and I can't kiss my husband without having to touch up. It takes precious minutes out of my morning, and precious more to wash it off every night.

So I just skip the whole hassle. The last time I wore makeup was at my wedding, and I've never looked back.

I'm too pale. lol I need a touch just to add color that isn't freckles. I despise the overly made up look.

I see nothing wrong with a little lip gloss and maybe mascara, but anything more than this is just ridiculous unless you're headed to some kind of swank dinner or ball or something. Or if it's Halloween. I've known girls who put on the full face mask to go shopping at the mall.

I keep forgetting I'm in a pocket within an anomaly inside a paradox.

Asheville, in other words.

Where I am, women don't generally go out of their way to impress anyone. And then I work in a store that sells outdoor equipment. So the LAST thing on anyone's mind is makeup.

The girliest conversation I've had so far is comparing favorite Bath & Body Works scents.

Speaking of which, WHY has warm vanilla sugar lasted years? Why couldn't they have kept vanilla bean? Warm vanilla sugar makes me sick, and, after being on warm skin for about an hour, starts to smell like bo.

Guest Skaramine

lol Nothing' date=' but I'd like those not to be the most noticable thing all the time.[/quote']

But... freckles are GOD'S jewelry to redheads.

Those, and sparkling green eyes and crimson, silky tresses.

You could wear greasepan drainage and still be elegant enough for a royal ball.

uhm

that didn't come out right...

But... freckles are GOD'S jewelry to redheads.

Those, and sparkling green eyes and crimson, silky tresses.

You could wear greasepan drainage and still be elegant enough for a royal ball.

uhm

that didn't come out right...

lol Thanks. Without lipstick, my lips disappear. Eye shadow helps bring attention to those green eyes everyone seems to like.

My wife (also red-head) dislikes her freckles, too, not as much as she used to, but still doesn't like them.

As to make-up, it's nice once in a while, but you'd be surprised just how little it matters to guys. Really, nearly all women look just as good, if not better, without it than they do with it, really. I often think women invented the idea of make-up, not men, because I've yet to see a guy say, "Well, yeah, I was with this cute girl, and I thought she'd put out, but, you know, she just didn't look that good, no make-up, don't ya hate that?"

Okay, that's extreme and in jest, nonetheless, truly, make-up is meaningless to most guys, I think.

My wife (also red-head) dislikes her freckles, too, not as much as she used to, but still doesn't like them.

As to make-up, it's nice once in a while, but you'd be surprised just how little it matters to guys. Really, nearly all women look just as good, if not better, without it than they do with it, really. I often think women invented the idea of make-up, not men, because I've yet to see a guy say, "Well, yeah, I was with this cute girl, and I thought she'd put out, but, you know, she just didn't look that good, no make-up, don't ya hate that?"

Okay, that's extreme and in jest, nonetheless, truly, make-up is meaningless to most guys, I think.

I agree, in some cases it is actually a turnoff to me. In a way, it's a type of false advertisement. The optomist in me would rather see what I'd be waking up to the next morning (and maybe cooking breakfast for! ). I remember seeing a show on pbs a while back, "The Human Animal" I think, that showed that makeup like rouge on cheeks and bright lipstick were just ways of advertising sexual arousement and in their own way were a type of 'subliminal advertisement'. I feel pushed away by such. The 'no-makeup' makeup look is much better but still overblown in importance to me.

Guest Skaramine

Dude' date=' you need to brush more often. You've got maggots in your teeth. :sick:[/quote']

I just had chop suey dude... they snapped the pic too soon!