The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks.

The worst thing right now is that my dad apparently has a pinched nerve in his l-3/l-4 vertebrae. His back and leg hurts, and the leg is in a nearly constant state of "Charley Horse" He described the pain as about level 6 constant, sometimes much worse!

He has been taking TWO HYDROCODONE, and it still hurts too much for COMFORT!

He has been unable to get through to his doctors office, they can get him in over a week later for an appointment with a PA, who can order an MRI.

Urgent care did an x-ray and determined he needed the MRI. They prescribed pain killers for about a week. Those ran out, and his doctors wouldn't renew them. My mom called URgent care back and they renewed them.

:( :(

Sorry to hear Greg.

Guest Skaramine

Multi Replies:

Michelle: I sleep to Metal Mania on VH1 Classic and Skateboarder thrashmetal... :o

Michelle: Also, try being hit with the urge to completely recostume action figures or to recarve a toy cardboard gun at 2 AM.

Greg: My mom had a back injury like that. It eventually got better... but then she turned into a crabby person.

The pain is bad enough that he no longer complains about the pain from his knee replacement, which he has somewhat regetted. THough he seems more stable on it now.

Multi Replies:

Michelle: I sleep to Metal Mania on VH1 Classic and Skateboarder thrashmetal... :o

Michelle: Also, try being hit with the urge to completely recostume action figures or to recarve a toy cardboard gun at 2 AM.

Greg: My mom had a back injury like that. It eventually got better... but then she turned into a crabby person.

Multi Replies:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've fallen asleep to Linkin Park, Incubus, Metallica, etc. I just do not appreciate being abruptly woken up with it...

And as for the urge to get up and do something totally unnecessary at 2am, I've balanced my checkbook, folded my laundry, re-organized my altar, scrubbed my bathtub, made breakfast, worked on my book, etc. None of which I HAD to do at 2am, I just couldn't stop thinking about it, so I said, "the hell with it" and got up and did it.

Which, of course, was nothing like the time that after nearly a year of no caffeine, John drank two cups of black tea right before bed... then was up at 3:30am fixing the bedroom ceiling fan for wont of anything else to do.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Gah! I've still got congestion... and I've been blowing my nose so much' date=' my nose is a sore mass of dried-out skin. It hurts just to touch it.[/quote']

Eucerin cream cures almost all dry-skin ills... I use it religiously when it gets cold/dry enough here in AZ to get chapped lips... put a little on your nose and immediate surrounding area, leave on overnight, repeat for two or three days, and enjoy. (You might also consider a little bit of aloe, too. It works well on sunburns and chapped skin...)

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

Nah... be glad that my ORIGINAL choice was too long to fit, or you'd be reaching through your monitor to slap me upside the head.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

But "Skaramine's new crush" isn't that long...

It's ball busting cold. I'm south of the freakin' Mason Dixon line and it's COLDER here than it is in New York City?!?!?

Current Temp NYC: 12 degrees F, feels like -4

Current Temp Baltimore: 11 degrees F, feels like -6

We're supposed to get back up to the mid 40's by the weekend. So...right before Christmas it's so cold that my testicles are hibernating in my lungs, but by Christmas I should have a nice overcast and generally crappy day in the mid 40's with no snow....T'ain't right I tell ya, t'ain't right.

It's ball busting cold. I'm south of the freakin' Mason Dixon line and it's COLDER here than it is in New York City?!?!?

We're supposed to get back up to the mid 40's by the weekend. So...right before Christmas it's so cold that my testicles are hibernating in my lungs, but by Christmas I should have a nice overcast and generally crappy day in the mid 40's with no snow....T'ain't right I tell ya, t'ain't right.

And here I complain when it's 40...spoiled living out in the Northwest. Used to live in New Hampshire, so I do know what you mean by real cold.

I still think "A Trifecta of Coolness" was the coolest descriptor online :)

Thank Enforcer84 for that one, that was how he complimented me on the "Compliment the Person Above" thread. I liked it so much I made it my epithet.

And since YOU like it so much, I think I'll put it back.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Thank Enforcer84 for that one, that was how he complimented me on the "Compliment the Person Above" thread. I liked it so much I made it my epithet.

And since YOU like it so much, I think I'll put it back.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Oh, I remember where it came from. :) I just thought it was way cool, too, and far more flattering than NGD Slut.

Guest PenguinKiller

I'm having such a sucky day!:weep: In the Compliment the Person Above thread, no one was able to say anything nice about me! I'm not that hated here, am I?

I'm having such a sucky day!:weep: In the Compliment the Person Above thread' date=' no one was able to say anything nice about me! I'm not that hated here, am I?[/quote']

Actually, even before seeing this, I had posted.

So quit yer whining... well, keep whining, but find something new to whine about ;)

As for me, I'm going back to whine about ... oh well, it doesn't matter, I just feel like B*tch*ng.

Guest PenguinKiller

I'm having such a sucky day!:weep: In the Compliment the Person Above thread' date=' no one was able to say anything nice about me! I'm not that hated here, am I?[/quote']

I take that back. Hermit complimented me. Nevermind. My day suddenly brightened. *looks out window and then screams in agony* OH NO! TOO BRIGHT! TOO BRIGHT!

Gee, it's a balmy 72 degrees here in Phoenix, with a low tonight of 45. If the weather stays like this the next few days, I can indulge in one of my favorite Christmas day pastimes.

Calling my friends and family back home on the East Coast and saying, "Yeah, it's a gorgeous day out here, we're all sitting outside by the pool in t-shirts and jeans, enjoying the sun," knowing full well they're probably buried under six feet of snow and a wind chill factor of -30.

:D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

It wasn't my turn and I think that was the issue for a lot of people - you're only supposed to go once a day in that thread. Also, sometimes you just have to allow a little more time to go by.