campaign website

tenebre

Re: campaign website

Originally posted by tenebre

http://www.devodog.com/champions/default.asp?CampaignID=9

got it up and started.

i also publish pdf newspaper bi-weekly bu have no way to post it on the hosthing site.

jsut though someon might find it intersting.

I didn't have time to read through everything but thats a damn nice site. Pcs, Npcs, villains all with pics and stats, Scenarios and a nice clear layout. Good job right out of the gate.

Anyone who wants to make a Champs campaign site should do themselves a favor and check out how this site is organized, orderly and to the point with no snags.

Looking forward to seeing it get even better.

The guy that hsots it is really cool.

I jsut put in the data. dont want to take credit for what isnt mine.

I really wish i would put up the weekly newspapers since they fill in the background stories.

working on drawing the adventures also.

I dont really want to post the NPCs sheets cuz the characters will knwo what they are up against :-)

but i am working on filling out more info.

Re: Coolness

Originally posted by Boll Weevil

Great website. I would be interested in reading one of your newspapers. My address is in my profile.

I cant see your emial in the profile. It will let me send but i cant add atachments since i dont see the actual email

Very nice. Much tidier than mine (I used a prefab MSN groups site so my players can find handouts I gave them and read house rules, etc. So you wind up with all kinds of on-screen advertising that clutters things up. Plus I'm now low on space and will have to move in a few months or pay MSN, which is unlikely. I'm rambling, aren't I?)

How many folks maintain a campaign website?

Originally posted by Blue

Website is cool, but even better is the URL. The fumbler... that rocks!

A couple of the news stories have photo manips (one of my favorites is the fuzzy camcorder stuff like in the "Woman sprouts wings!" one) and I'm told the quotes section (might also be under the news tab, don't recall) was pretty entertaining.

If I ever get around to doing my own game, I'll have an even more extensive site than that one... since it'll be mine. Mine. MINE!

Originally posted by Blue

How many folks maintain a campaign website?

I think a campaign website is something every GM should try, I've been working mine for about four and a half years. You'll be amazed how it grows as you find new things to add. Good luck with your own site, I'll look forward to visiting and reading about your adventures.

Re: Urban Sasquatch!

Originally posted by Uncle Shecky

I love Urban Sasquatch! The "shambling vindictive force of destruction"! Now I want to change my log-in name ...

He was originally calling himself the "Ebon Yehti" but the media used the Urban Sasquatch name and that stuck.

Thanks & Updates

tenebre & RedMenace,

Thanks for the kind words about the campaign hosting site.

I have a couple of business trips and a move to a new apartment next month.

After that, I may be able to spend some time adding additional features (such as being able to upload other files and link them to content on the site).

Luckily, the site hasn't "crashed" in awhile. I've also figured out what causes some of the "crashes" (technically, it's not a crash...it's an issue of opening the database too frequently...a setting in IIS which I know about, but would need to contact my web host if it keeps causing problems).