Missile Reflection

Okay, I'm working on a villain for my X-Men Campaign.. a mutant known as Gate. She has the power to open up wormholes and travel via them (or make other people travel via them).

One of her powers allows her to open up a wormhole to aborb an enemy attack and place that wormhole so it will redirect the attack at someone else.

Could I get away with putting the Indirect Power advantage to simulate this.

Example: Blasterboy fires his uber-shot attack (10d6) at Gate, and Gate opens a wormhole to absorb the attack and hits Blasterboy in the back with it.

Is this rules legal?

Re: Missile Reflection

Okay, I'm working on a villain for my X-Men Campaign.. a mutant known as Gate. She has the power to open up wormholes and travel via them (or make other people travel via them).

One of her powers allows her to open up a wormhole to aborb an enemy attack and place that wormhole so it will redirect the attack at someone else.

Could I get away with putting the Indirect Power advantage to simulate this.

Example: Blasterboy fires his uber-shot attack (10d6) at Gate, and Gate opens a wormhole to absorb the attack and hits Blasterboy in the back with it.

Is this rules legal?

There was a villain in New Teen Titans from the 80's named Warp that had the same type of powers.

What you just described would be covered by missle deflection with reflection to hit any target being a +30 adder.

Another ability that Warp sometimes used that would require a naked advantage write-up is that he could punch or grab someone through his warps with he himself traveling to the target. In theory he could fire a gun through one as well. I think a multipower with all the different special effects you want your character to have would be the best way to proceed.

Wouldn't Warp's 'Warped HTH Attacks' be 'Stretching' date=' Doesn't cross intervening Space'?[/quote']

That would handle the punch and grab aspects but would not handle the potential for him to open a 'gate' to allow him or another individual to fire a ranged attack through to the other end of the 'gate' .

Hyper-Man has a good idea with using a Naked Advantage to put Indirect on an attack reflected. I'm normally against Naked Advantages, but this is one of those cases where it seems more appropriate.

Alternately, you/your GM could rule that Any Target includes a type of indirect if it goes with your SFX and other Powers. If you have already spent points on a typical "Gate" power, along with Stretching does not cross interviening space, I might allow it as SFX, as long as it isn't abused. If you've also paid for a Naked Advantage to make other attacks Indirect (using Warp's gates as an example) I'd just let it slide and have that apply to reflected attacks as well as weapons.

I think that as GM I would be satisfied with applying the desired level of Indirect Advantage to Missile Deflection/Reflection, base Power plus the full Adder. With Missile Reflection you already gain the ability to redirect any size ranged attack toward any attacker; it seems logical to me that you could pay for an Advantage to all of that to modify the "directness" of the Reflected attack. The Power without Indirect would already be a minimum of 50 Char. Points, so the construct wouldn't exactly be cheap for what it does.

I'm fairly certain that your garden-variety Constant, Area Effect Teleport-Gate can allow energy blasts and bullets and such to be translocated, depending on SFX. I'd prolly say it can't handle more Active Points of attacks per phase than its maximum weight allowance, though.