Nightwind?

Captain Photon

Re: Nightwind?

Well' date=' I'll soon see for myself - I've just ordered Millenium city. I kinda got the feeling that he's capable of handing Darkduck his butt! Question is, how does he compare to everyones favourite Seeker?[/quote']

Nightwind is a 500 point character so the advantage goes to him over Nighthawk or Seeker. Nightwind does have some errors and design flaws in the write up so be prepared to make some minor changes when you get the book. I do not know if Nightwind can defeat the higher-powered Seeker from watchers of the dragon.

Nightwind does have some errors and design flaws in the write up so be prepared to make some minor changes when you get the book.

As someone from Microsoft would say "Thoes are not design flaws, thoes are features!"

Anyways, there are no published charaters which are totaly right stright from the book. This is doubly true with Hero. Thank Steve (yes, he is tthe protental Hero writer's god) that in the 5th edition, we get Campain Use hints for modifications.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Nightwind is a 500 point character so the advantage goes to him over Nighthawk or Seeker. Nightwind does have some errors and design flaws in the write up so be prepared to make some minor changes when you get the book. I do not know if Nightwind can defeat the higher-powered Seeker from watchers of the dragon.

Here's my take. Nightwind and Nighthawk both have versions in 5th, right? There, Nightwind wins.

Seeker and Nightwind both had versions in watchers of the dragon. There, Seeker would win (100+ pts heavier than NW, etc).

So, we can thus conclude that the hierachy goes:

Seeker

Nightwind

Nightduck

and Seeker should thus be adapted to 5th as an about 600pt character.

Guest WhammeWhamme

And when Seeker gets updated for the 5th edition' date=' expect to hear reports of Steve reciding in a nice room with the walls covered in padding.[/quote']

I've been expecting that for a while...

...he manages to suvive his writing pace, he could survive an update of Seeker for the sole purpose of a pitfight with Nightwind (and maybe some other characters...)...

I never cared for Seeker at all. I believe I am part of the minority who prefers Nighthawk over Seeker. The only advantage which Seeker had over Nighthawk was more years of exposure. Seeker was just the Champions punching bag with little real substance or power, in my opinion.

I never cared for Seeker at all. I believe I am part of the minority who prefers Nighthawk over Seeker. The only advantage which Seeker had over Nighthawk was more years of exposure. Seeker was just the Champions punching bag with little real substance or power' date=' in my opinion.[/quote']

I have no true opinion ovr eather Nighthawk and Seeker. I LIKE Seeker, and missed him, but I can easly create my OWN NEW version of him for 5th edition on my own.

I DO NOT hate Nighthawk. The people who DO hate him are the guys who think Change=Evil. Thay are use to the 4th edition Champions, and don't want to see them replaced just because Steve is tiered of most of them. I kinda agree that Steve being tiered of them SHOULD NOT be the reasion to dupm them and add a new cast of charaters. But, then again, who id editor and cheif of Hero Games? Not me.

As for my redone of Seeker, she is Donna Morgan, a normal teenage girl liveing in Milimumen City when she started hearing a voice in her head. That voice was a friendly sounding Austrailen guy. Soon, she was haveing odd dreams where she was fighting side by side with The Champions, except thay were not quite the ones she knowes. Then, one day some thugs wanted her purse. She ended up kicking them all to lala land, and replied with "Goodbye, mates."

As for my redone of Seeker, she is Donna Morgan, a normal teenage girl liveing in Milimumen City when she started hearing a voice in her head. That voice was a friendly sounding Austrailen guy. Soon, she was haveing odd dreams where she was fighting side by side with The Champions, except thay were not quite the ones she knowes. Then, one day some thugs wanted her purse. She ended up kicking them all to lala land, and replied with "Goodbye, mates."

oh sounds great I'd love to see the stats when your done

oh sounds great I'd love to see the stats when your done

I would also like to see the stats when I am done also. I don't know, should I make Don as a computer? She can defently use Don's skills. Prehaps I should do her sorta like Firestorm...a "double multiform", one with Donna Morgan as the controler and Don as the 'computer', then also one where Don is in control of Donna's body and Donna is the 'computer'.

Basicly, she can give up control of her own body to Don, and when she is in control, Don is around to advise her.

And the name Seeker, well, she is seeking the answers of why she has some crazy australian running around in her mindscape, messing with her life.

The Seeker that I miss is the one toward the end of his career in Watchers Of The Dragon, with lots of background details and personality nuances rounding him out. Frankly, an "Australian swashbuckling ninja" is no sillier a concept than "a teenager gaining superpowers from a radioactive spiderbite, and creating the strongest synthetic fiber in the world with his personal chemistry set." Everything built around those concepts is what makes the characters memorable.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nighthawk increases in popularity over the years, with more exposure and character development.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nighthawk increases in popularity over the years, with more exposure and character development.

Frankly, I agree. Getting to know the characters is always a plus. It's one of the reasons I enjoy reading what little fiction there is on them (I KNOW the DoJ is in the RP biz, not the fiction biz, but I do think the exposure helps). It takes time, but it's easier to appreciate personalities than it is just cold hard stats on a piece of paper.

Frankly' date=' I agree. Getting to know the characters is always a plus. It's one of the reasons I enjoy reading what little fiction there is on them (I KNOW the DoJ is in the RP biz, not the fiction biz, but I do think the exposure helps). It takes time, but it's easier to appreciate personalities than it is just cold hard stats on a piece of paper.[/quote']

I agree. I was playing SAS when the showdown stories began between the two companies. I always wish now I had saved those stories so I had a more detailed point of reference for the champions characters. Too bad DoJ and GoO did not put those stories back up with the release of reality storm. It would have been nice to take a stroll down memory lane, one year later.

I agree. I was playing SAS when the showdown stories began between the two companies. I always wish now I had saved those stories so I had a more detailed point of reference for the champions characters. Too bad DoJ and GoO did not put those stories back up with the release of reality storm. It would have been nice to take a stroll down memory lane' date=' one year later.[/quote']

Those were great.

I even remember some of the best lines...

"Tell me you did not just mug Kinetik?!!"

:D