The White Rabbit

Crackerjacker

Re: The White Rabbit

The whole thing is a very cool idea.

But I like the idea of "Hatters" better as a term instead of "Wizards" since it sticks to the theme of AiW.

And of course you could call those who open portals Doormice (A Doormouse) ... get it, "door" / "portal" ... I'll be quiet now.

Serisouly, kind of a cool idea here. I like it.

Well on the one hand, I keep wanting to make Rabbitechnology jokes about the 'Carrots of Life', but on the other hand I'm usually fascinated by any references to Wonderland or Oz.

Did you have any other terms for types of beings in this campaign?

I could see you retaining the Oz names as subcategories such as:

Wizards- altered humans with now alien insights due to their warped minds

Witches- subset of the Alice that retains some level of psionics

Tin Men- Rabbitechnological cyborgs

Tik-Toks- Rabbitechnological robots, AI & otherwise

Guest Witch Doctor

I'm envisioning the "Queen of Hearts" as a rabbit that came to this world and became something like the "Witch of Wall Street".

Guest Witch Doctor

Yeah. The Red Queen would probably be more of a big leader supremacist type, perhaps using genetic manipulation on human beings (I like the Red Queen evolutionary phenomena thing, it's kinda cool), while the Queen of Hearts would be some sort of mind/emotion/pheremone controlling (on some level at least) queen bee, with men in subservience to her. So I guess it's like comparing ants to bees. Red Queen is the queen ant with the cold and logical feel, whereas Queen of Hearts is the queen bee with the fanatical devotion of her minions and outrageous demands made by her.

That said...

Queen of Hearts is probably a human like Rabbit with the emo/mind control/phereomone powers, whereas Red Queen is perhaps an Alice, Hatter, or some other reason for her to at least in origin being a human being. I don't think she'd just be a Rabbit-tech user, but her being a normal earthling human at first would make for some interesting possibilities.

-way- too bloody obvious in my opinion

I've talked it over with my players and I have decided to run a White Rabbit campaign. I started out running an Exiles campaign, but only one of my players had the comic book knowledge to really pull that off. So I've decided the White Rabbit idea really allows the flexibility and variety I like in games, while coming complete with cool terminology. We're using Hatters in place of Wizards however... and Mirrors in place of Rabbit-holes. Other than that, anything goes, and it should be very cool.

That's awesome. And, since I didnt make it clear in earlier posts after reading the suggestion, though I did use it the text posted after I indentified that suggestion, er..

what I mean is, officially as of now, Hatters are people contaminated by Rabbit-Hole radiation, and Wizards are people that use and abuse a whole heckuvalot of Rabbit-tech

More ideal termology.

Mockturtle: Something which appears to be something it is not (illusion, disguise, actors, ect...)

Twiddel (Or, more properly Twiddeldee and Twiddeldum): Two things in a sort of simbiotic relationship. One can say that this universe and Otherside have a Twiddel relantionship of sorts.

Carpner: Someone who colects Rabbithole Tech, and/or builds/modifies Rabbithole Tech.

Vorpel: Something which affects both worlds. Or, bairring that, a corupted version of Rabithole Tech (as if thecnology can somehow be Jaberwakied...the name comes from the hero's Vorpel Sword, which he means to kill the Jaberwaocke with one cut).

Guest Witch Doctor

More ideal termology.

Mockturtle: Something which appears to be something it is not (illusion, disguise, actors, ect...)

Twiddel (Or, more properly Twiddeldee and Twiddeldum): Two things in a sort of simbiotic relationship. One can say that this universe and Otherside have a Twiddel relantionship of sorts.

Carpner: Someone who colects Rabbithole Tech, and/or builds/modifies Rabbithole Tech.

Vorpel: Something which affects both worlds. Or, bairring that, a corupted version of Rabithole Tech (as if thecnology can somehow be Jaberwakied...the name comes from the hero's Vorpel Sword, which he means to kill the Jaberwaocke with one cut).

Jabberwaockied tech..

That's a pretty interesting idea.

I'm trying to envision Mechanon as Jabberwaockied tech. Perhaps because Otherworld tech is so alien, there are features in it which aren't completely understood. When mundanes try to use otherworldly tech, there's always a possibility that these bizarre unknown features become prominent in unpredictable ways. Using otherworldly tech is, for most people, a risky behavior because what looks like the "off" switch may actually be the "activate self defense mode" button.

The HIVE is a world-wide criminal/terrorist organization organized into "hives". Each "hive" is ruled by either a HIVE Tyrant or HIVE Queen (HIVE doesn't discriminate against gender) who used Rabbitech to develop bio-implants that allow their operatives to be Mind-Linked with the HIVE Tyrant. The HIVE Tyrants and Queens also use the same Rabbitech and other means to develop psychic powers. Some "hives" are also investigating the use of the bio-implants to control Jabberwocks. The HIVE's mission is to bring all of the Earth under the influence of the HIVE Mind.

• 4 weeks later...