The Last Word

Bazza

Dunno if we'll ever play it, but we went through character creation in Drama System last night, with the setting being inside a high security psychiatric facility with the characters being mad scientists and allied figures.

One of the others' characters is (or thinks he is, doesn't matter) Loki, with some artifice on him that restrains his powers.

I chose to have mine be RCB1014, a former (?) lab rat, experimental subject. He goes by "R".

What he wants of Loki: "Make me a demigod under your bailiwick. Make me R, the Rat God; R, the All-Gnawing!"

Depends on whether I believe I want to do something more than act down the road someday. If I hope to direct ... even thirty years in the future ... then go with the director. If I suspect that I need a break fast or I'll never get anywhere, then it's the casting person.

I got lucky getting jobs out of grad school (and things like astronomy aren't so different) so I escaped that.

Though as it turned out, that was luck. Of the people my first boss phone interviewed, only one had a definite answer to an important question, which was when they expected to be finished with the degree. My casual, unthought-out (and true) response, "Yes, I defend next Tuesday," was all the difference.