The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

We get in (almost) all our data electronically.

So, we then print it all so we can enter everything into the database by hand.

Then we scan the data, so we can have a permanent record that we link to the database in case we need to see originals.

Then we recycle the paper. At least we do that.

:idjit:

D

We're working on a program that takes the data that we receive, and then puts it into a format that our db2 system can read directly, and then keeps a version of the original so we don't have to scan.

All we'll have to do is analyze/error check and go from there.

They've been talking about it for ... um, it's 07, I got hired in 99, so 8 years at least. And we've just now got a system that takes in some of the data and connects it to the scan version. So, we've got most of the front end and some of the back end.

But the middle. Heh. I've got major job security.

D

We'll see if I can get a page set up for the course. Such things exist at the institution, but when first I looked into it the hassle of getting the initial page set up and getting the appropriate permissions was more work than it was worth. Things have changed, supposedly. Being a minimalist, all I want is a static page where I can hang the document files.