The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

if you psoted outside the NGD you could have a "rep power" too' date=' you know![/quote']

It is extremely hard for me to do so since I don't know that much about the heroes system because there is noone around where I live that I know that does it.

Actually, an easy way to get above the post count threshold without knowing anything is to post replies in the "WWYCD" threads in the Champions forum. You don't have to know anything for those, just emote like a superhero character.

IME, there do not exist women who are impressed by a man's knowledge, other than those who have already decided to be impressed by the man in question for other reasons.

So I was saying: you would have to prove to me first that there exist women who are impressed purely by the "smart guy" thing before I'd accept the extension of the argument about trivia knowledge.

There exists some x such that x is a piece of trivia and for some female human y, x has the potential to stimulate a positive romantic response?

Heh.

Hey, my girlfriend likes me because I'm smart... although it did cause a bit of friction, once, at the beginning of our relationship. She was a sciences and math person in college, and found that I (the humanities geek) did better on the GRE math than she did. This irked her a bit. What can I say? I test well, and she gets flummoxed.

IME, there do not exist women who are impressed by a man's knowledge, other than those who have already decided to be impressed by the man in question for other reasons.

So I was saying: you would have to prove to me first that there exist women who are impressed purely by the "smart guy" thing before I'd accept the extension of the argument about trivia knowledge.

Ah. Hmm. That IS a sticky proof, especially because presentation of said knowledge is everything.

Well ... usually all they want is the difficult ones done. The easy ones they do themselves. Unless they're really trying to flooze their way through, but that doesn't happen much after the first term.